Thread: New arcane staff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhguhbuhbuh View Post
    What about using life giver skill, that taunts mobs, see if it helps the proc rate, and don't use shield or armour buffs.

I think proc is based on attacks/dmg dealt. Ideally mage would probably want 4 attack skills with lots of DOT, magma aa and taunt awakens.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Gale and ice bolt don’t work since they stun/freeze targets, negating reflect (haven’t been able to use these skills since ebons). Life giver and shield do nothing for proc, and curse does very small amounts of damage. That leaves mages with fireball (no stun upgrade), lightning (only single target, rarely procs from this, no stun upgrade), and clock (no mastery or root, since that again negates reflect). Always use magma aa to maximize proc amount.

Shield is almost forced to be used. The problem is mages aren’t near as tanky as warriors, so if the proc isn’t up and you have no damage reduction such as shield, you’re dead. And like I said, proc rate is very low, especially on bosses, so you don’t want to take damage or you just farm deaths. Again, reflect is not meant for mages. I would much rather warriors have this proc, regardless if it’s “op” or not, and give mages something that is more fitting for our class.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post: