Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This guy is the scammer be aware!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epw View Post
    You can just ignore these tries. Ofc u can report these type of scammers, but spending more than a minute on them is a waste of time. Making useless threads continuosly are not much of a help.

It may sounds rude, but those who are falling for these gold amount change tricks in trade window, well.. they deserve it. Its only their fault not paying attantion. There are no acceptable execuses like “i was tired” and etc... you have 2 chance to check the window twice, cuz u need a second confirmation.

I never got scammed in this way, despite i met this type of tries many times. I feel sad for the victims, but thats all. Have a nice day!
    It is true that a portion of fault lies with the victims as they were impatient and didn't double check. But the problem is, old and experienced players do not fall for this normally, the ones get scammed this way are newer and unsuspecting players. And they feel betrayed and quit the game when 90% of their items value is robbed. If STS doesn't take some hard action like device ban or IP ban, this kinda scammers will keep multiplying. If players do see some people are getting banned for this, potential scammers will be discouraged and new players will get more pleasant experience, making the community grow quicker.
    But yeah, making multiple thread on same topic doesn't help matters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebereasider For This Useful Post:

Epw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Here we go again guys. He tried to scam me by changing the gold from 27m to 2.7m, but he didnt succeed. Here is his latest name:
    "Control is an illusion."

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Whoever gets scammed. It’s your own fault. StS already introduced a system which lets you know when the other person changes his offer. You have to agree 100 times to get the trade done, if even then you get scammed because you havent checked his offer, IMO you deserve it, and you learned a life lesson to be more careful in the future!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post: