Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So, what are we going to do..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    Incorrect. In fact if it wasn't for gold loot many players would not be able to keep playing as there are not many items to be farmed of value.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Dude crate farming is good ryt I mean when there was crate farming then gold inflation was a rare case but due to gold farming it's kinda common.
    Crate is a valuable thing to farm ryt.?
    As kryptx said everyone gets gold the buyers and also the sellers.
    And please it's really boring to farm gold coz idk the feel or the vibe which we get when a crate reroll on your screen that's heavenly imo.

But hey it's ok for me coz I'm happy as long as the game and my old frnds are playing

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamegrog View Post
    Dude crate farming is good ryt I mean when there was crate farming then gold inflation was a rare case but due to gold farming it's kinda common.
    Crate is a valuable thing to farm ryt.?
    As kryptx said everyone gets gold the buyers and also the sellers.
    And please it's really boring to farm gold coz idk the feel or the vibe which we get when a crate reroll on your screen that's heavenly imo.

But hey it's ok for me coz I'm happy as long as the game and my old frnds are playing

Nothing I said indicated gold farming is exciting. But without it non-plat buyers don't have much choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    Nothing I said indicated gold farming is exciting. But without it non-plat buyers don't have much choice.

True

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamegrog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I’m not going to lie bro I log on sell a couple things. Talk to friends and that’s it. If I had no friends there wouldn’t be no other reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

It’s not too late for STS to fix everything! All they got to do is;
    -make a new server,
    -make cap level 36 :3,
    -make a new expansion every 2 years,
    -keep the same events we got right now, -never introduce Awakening system,
    -keep pet slots, key buffs,
    -get rid of jewels,
    -keep Blood/Fire/Glacial gems
    -for each major event add new mythic items
    -for every expansion add 1 new arcane item.

AL has been alive for about 7 years now? JustG himself didn’t expect the game to go this far.

I’m still curious why STS doesn’t take our expansion ideas? “Space Theme, Underwater Theme, etc..”

Gold Loot changed up the market a lot, awakes destroyed PvP, I got to give it to sts though, the events this year have been a really good job compared to the past 2 years. Really looking forward for this upcoming WINTER event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Surprised it took you all this long to figure out what some of us have been saying for a while now.

Sigh

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Surprised it took you all this long to figure out what some of us have been saying for a while now.

Sigh
    We all known for years, no one is late.
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lethoiun For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Sigh
    Its because we had faith in a game we once loved. But the faith is dwindling, and many start losing hope

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

The only way IMO to turn this Expansion around regarding new maps/town activity is Sts is going to have to make a drastic change to some things:

1. Add Mythic Weps and Gear to Varden Valley Vendor. Add a long questline that you can eventually craft the Mythics to their Arcane counterparts. Get rid of putting new Arc Weps/Gear in crates. I would suggest Mythic/Set gear only. Arc Weps/ Gear are obtainable only through crafting from their Mythic versions. The materials needed( Every map will have something needed overall to Craft Arc Weps/Gear)to craft these items are obtainable through grinding and farming new maps(Drastic I know but will give a big reason and motivation for people to run new maps from here on out). Instead of waiting for Christmas to release the rest of the Arcane Weps/Gear put this idea into action ASAP.
    2. Make a Elite Map version of Mogera Lair(Where all classes are needed) where Bosses have good drops...Set Bonus items,Eggs, etc.
    3. Nerf the Gold Drops in ESG and Maus to the point where running these maps is no longer profitable. Increase Gold drops in new maps. Add Gold Chests to Vendor similar to what they did in Maus Expansion. The only way to get gold farmers out of those old maps is to kill the gold in those maps. Where the only option is to run the new maps for profit.

I'm sure others can add to this with ideas. But this would be a big start of turning things around Expansion Wise. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 11-02-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Sigh
    On the contrary, countless threads may not be being made but it has been a topic for quite some time.

At some point someone will have to address the elephant in the room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

What are you going to do? Idk

Here's a bit of my current goals;
    Work on making my 71 war & rogue, and second Mage endgame & gain experience of all classes & spend as little as possible.
    Finding more ways to make my twinks effective event runners, or money makers (like when I used to farm victus).
    Level spirit staff (yes bad stats but I want the proc for some events).
    Jewel farm for alts/make X amount of money.
    Level particular pet.
    Being that I work I have less time to constantly find the best ways to leverage my time vs profit (or time vs fun).

Past goals reached/maintained;
    Make an endgame off all classes.
    Work on whatever boring apps for I needed for whatever guild needed to meet requirements, or personal kdr preference.
    Have precise jewels in all slots.
    Attain certain pet/certain stats/X amount of gold, collect still effective old gear, work on house (don't judge lol).
    Achieve whatever in hc mode before I remember it's pointless if not oft fun.
    Switched from pl where I was super rich to start over in al.

That said, some of your points are spot on imho such as
    Old maps should not be more relevant than current ones- Ever!!!!!!!
    Despite the fact that so many new pieces of equipment have been introduced, none are needed more than the last expansions best in slot ( those are more than enough for new maps)

Another valid point is that farming for anything good is a thing of the past and most just gold farm to chase after the plat whales who can pop crates for good gear to sell us normal ppl ( no hate on them).

I lost the ability to thank threads somehow but I agree with both Verbie and Fearrr & Perceval on many points, also ty Susie.
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 11-02-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I read some good points here... and Im afraid even now STS is not going to implement any of these...
    Just make a new Elite Map and let it drop Set Items or Mythic Items (ffs not cratfable this game is all about crafting we want to loot the item right away, we want to see that yellow or orange shiny thing on the ground and type in guildchat or partychat “Wooot lootet xy item, finally!!!”

That’s what we want.

Ps: Bring back PvP leaderboards if you want more activity in the game also.
    Who cares nowadays if people are dummy farming? People are dummy farming now all the time too because of APS and that also affects GUILD leaderboard.

PvP brings Drama, but Drama brings activity and life to a game.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    What are you going to do? Idk

Here's a bit of my current goals;
    Work on making my 71 war & rogue, and second Mage endgame & gain experience of all classes & spend as little as possible.
    Finding more ways to make my twinks effective event runners, or money makers (like when I used to farm victus).
    Level spirit staff (yes bad stats but I want the proc for some events).
    Jewel farm for alts/make X amount of money.
    Level particular pet.
    Being that I work I have less time to constantly find the best ways to leverage my time vs profit (or time vs fun).

Past goals reached/maintained;
    Make an endgame off all classes.
    Work on whatever boring apps for I needed for whatever guild needed to meet requirements, or personal kdr preference.
    Have precise jewels in all slots.
    Attain certain pet/certain stats/X amount of gold, collect still effective old gear, work on house (don't judge lol).
    Achieve whatever in hc mode before I remember it's pointless if not oft fun.
    Switched from pl where I was super rich to start over in al.

That said, some of your points are spot on imho such as
    Old maps should not be more relevant than current ones- Ever!!!!!!!
    Despite the fact that so many new pieces of equipment have been introduced, none are needed more than the last expansions best in slot ( those are more than enough for new maps)

Another valid point is that farming for anything good is a thing of the past and most just gold farm to chase after the plat whales who can pop crates for good gear to sell us normal ppl ( no hate on them).

I lost the ability to thank threads somehow but I agree with both Verbie and Fearrr & Perceval on many points, also ty Susie.
    I also have toons (hc and non) to level and a bunch of jewel elixirs to use up. I also want to hit some pve kills goals!
    Because I have other toons to level, I can help guildies run dailies and get some work done at the same time! Win-win
    I'm still not well geared so I'll work towards that: I have some gear I want to buy.
    I'm still missing Dorlyn and Arbuketh trophies (I really like Fester maps), then I'll decorate my home.
    I'd like to farm puzzleboxes every once in a while and hope to loot a Kershal.
    I run ESG and farm elite gold chests. Sometimes Hydra and Orrick when my guildmates farm them, so maybe I can get those arcane items.
    I like to run Skull Dozer sometimes too.
    I still have some of my "mannequins" (inactive toons) to dress up with pretty vanities.
    I still have to get my Altar Guardian achievement, but again I need good gear. I want to find out what people mean when they say "Boogie is in Deep Marsh".
    I want to eventually work on my elite boss/mobs achievements. I'm only 100 aps away from Prestigious!
    I want to unlock Maus 5 and 6, and finally fight Corvis and Voriyana, but I need good gear.
    I'm 1 pet away from the 150 pets achievement, waiting for the next event pet.
    I want to someday max out my Stash so I can also complain about the gold cap
    Learn!!!! Merch!!!!!!
    I'm currently playing another game to get its plat offer.
    Because of that plat offer and events lately I have hardly done any of the above

I think you have to be maxed out to be bored bored.
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 11-03-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    I also have toons (hc and non) to level and a bunch of jewel elixirs to use up. I also want to hit some pve kills goals!
    Because I have other toons to level, I can help guildies run dailies and get some work done at the same time! Win-win
    I'm still not well geared so I'll work towards that: I have some gear I want to buy.
    I'm still missing Dorlyn and Arbuketh trophies (I really like Fester maps), then I'll decorate my home.
    I'd like to farm puzzleboxes every once in a while and hope to loot a Kershal.
    I run ESG and farm elite gold chests. Sometimes Hydra and Orrick when my guildmates farm them, so maybe I can get those arcane items.
    I like to run Skull Dozer sometimes too.
    I still have some of my "mannequins" (inactive toons) to dress up with pretty vanities.
    I still have to get my Altar Guardian achievement, but again I need good gear. I want to find out what people mean when they say "Boogie is in Deep Marsh".
    I want to eventually work on my elite boss/mobs achievements. I'm only 100 aps away from Prestigious!
    I want to unlock Maus 5 and 6, and finally fight Corvis and Voriyana, but I need good gear.
    I'm 1 pet away from the 150 pets achievement, waiting for the next event pet.
    I want to someday max out my Stash so I can also complain about the gold cap
    Learn!!!! Merch!!!!!!
    I'm currently playing another game to get its plat offer.
    Because of that plat offer and events lately I have hardly done any of the above

I think you have to be maxed out to be bored bored.
    Best example what we are talking about.
    Literally every point you mentioned does not include new maps, but old maps.

There are APS to grind, yes, and? Not all of us are interested in running old 2014 maps 1000x times to get 1k or 10k specific elite kills.

New content should always be the focus in a game. So please, don’t act like there is tons of stuff to do, when there is not. Thank you and have a nice day.

Edit: Just saw you finally want to unlock Maus 5 and 6... but why is that... because this our only viable place to farm for gold, for years.

Remove gold loot from the game and go back to the old style where we loot actual items, because this is what these type of games are all about.
    Last edited by Silentkill; 11-03-2019 at 02:27 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yes yes, this game is a huge potential. Hoping sts to hear and implement our clamors. I agree with...
    1. Bringing pvp lb again with this would give life to pvp.
    2. Having spots like planar arena we want looting not crafting, the exuberant feeling of looting one .
    3. I suggest bringing back farming locks to jarl and km3 by this way new players can earn faster.
    Thats all for me XD. Anyway sts is doing great job I believe they can revamped al.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Farming gold to spend gold on efficiently farm more gold. The cycle of AL

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonn112 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilsooon View Post
    Yes yes, this game is a huge potential. Hoping sts to hear and implement our clamors. I agree with...
    1. Bringing pvp lb again with this would give life to pvp.
    2. Having spots like planar arena we want looting not crafting, the exuberant feeling of looting one .
    3. I suggest bringing back farming locks to jarl and km3 by this way new players can earn faster.
    Thats all for me XD. Anyway sts is doing great job I believe they can revamped al.
    Yeah bud. I explain to StS why looting items is better than farming gold:

What is the difference between farming gold, crafting items (no hate on crafting but too much is too much) and directly looting items from a big mob or a boss?

When we loot an item we desperately want and are hoping for to shine up on the ground, or in our chatbox as of “You received Arcane Gauntlets of xyxyxyxy”, we are releasing endorphins, the happiness hormones. As the hormones name is indicating, endorphins give us that Happy feeling and happy feeling = happy people = happy game = happy STS

Now do I not say to make it easy to loot specific item or the endorphin-release will be gone too.
    Make it hard, but make it worth our while.

Note to the players who might say if you don’t like the game then don’t play it: You might have joined the game in 2018 or 2017 and therefore dont know how great AL was in 2014,2015,2016
    I dont say the game is bad, but the game was much better before and it kills some of us because we know with some actual SIMPLE adjustments to the game, the game could be revived again, and it wouldnt even take too much effort, the only thing thats requires is LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY, because the community plays the game, not the devs, and we are their customers and therefore they should listen to us.

Thanks for reading

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    Best example what we are talking about.
    Literally every point you mentioned does not include new maps, but old maps.
    You're right, I'm not running the Vardan maps much except for Skull Dozer.
    I'm running Fester maps still, they're fairly new to me. I came back in August.

There are APS to grind, yes, and? Not all of us are interested in running old 2014 maps 1000x times to get 1k or 10k specific elite kills.
    Hey that's just one point I had.

New content should always be the focus in a game. So please, don’t act like there is tons of stuff to do, when there is not.
    At the same time people complain that old maps are dead...

Just saw you finally want to unlock Maus 5 and 6... but why is that... because this our only viable place to farm for gold, for years.
    No, I want to unlock Maus 5-6 to get the Corvis and Voriyana aps and then never look back again. I hated this expansion, it's the one I liked the least, I quit during Somber, even though most loved it.
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 11-03-2019 at 03:33 AM.
    IGN: Vvildfire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I read some good points here... and Im afraid even now STS is not going to implement any of these...
    Just make a new Elite Map and let it drop Set Items or Mythic Items (ffs not cratfable this game is all about crafting we want to loot the item right away, we want to see that yellow or orange shiny thing on the ground and type in guildchat or partychat “Wooot lootet xy item, finally!!!”

That’s what we want.

Ps: Bring back PvP leaderboards if you want more activity in the game also.
    Who cares nowadays if people are dummy farming? People are dummy farming now all the time too because of APS and that also affects GUILD leaderboard.

PvP brings Drama, but Drama brings activity and life to a game.
    This game is all about crafting? The current state of this game is about who is spending the most RL money! If what you say is what most of the community wants then so be it. I pay close attention to what people say on here...and so many complain about the Gap between P2W V.s F2P. I just gave you all the formula to thin that Gap. And keep in mind I'm not some GL farmer lol...My total Plat Spent is over 240K.

I said what I wanted to say in here, and it came from a perspective where spending the most RL Money does not mattter but bringing back Old School MMORPG farming and grinding. I respect all opinions and thoughts in here...Hopefully things will change in the future for to keep this game thriving.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 11-03-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    This game is all about craftable? The current state of this game is about who is spending the most RL money! If what you say is what most of the community wants then so be it. I pay close attention to what people say on here...and so many complain about the Gap between P2W V.s P2P. I just gave you all the formula to thin that Gap. And keep in mind I'm not some GL farmer lol...My total Plat Spent is over 240K.

I said what I wanted to say in here, and it came from a perspective where spending the most RL Money does not mattter but bringing back Old School MMORPG farming and grinding. I respect all opinions and thoughts in here...Hopefully things will change in the future for to keep this game thriving.
    Yeah I agree, I’m not saying to completely remove crafting from the game its a good feature, but STS focused too much on it. Egg-Zavier Event is so popular because 1) of course does it bring a lot of profit but most importantly 2) you loot the item directly, no waiting for completion, no crafting, good feelings when looting it.

Edit: Lemme bring this screenshot here STS and keep in mind that this is already well populated for Vardan Valley Towne, most of the times Im alone here lol.
    Name:  A99BD9F7-D5CE-48D9-A65B-A63132E41CFD.jpeg
Views: 319
Size:  131.6 KB