Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So, what are we going to do..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I completely agree with OP (hard to reply to everything else in the thread!!) I was considering buying Duggar bow until it dawned on me that there was absolutely no need as we are still farming Maus... in speed set... I promptly sold my taint set and bought some level 76 pinks.

-> I remember when it was satisfying to get to a boss and actually care what item he drops, with the anticipation that you could potentially drop something awesome. The 5 map system was best, with 5 reasonable length maps and different items dropping at each elite. Would love to see proper elites back. And elite golden chests *-* miss those!!

- > Would also love to see less timer based content. I don't understand the reasoning for the majority of the new expansion maps being behind a timer, this just makes it difficult for people with lives/family/friends to engage with the content. If I have a nice few hours free on a Tuesday and feel like playing but all the maps are closed then.... Meh.

- I'm tired of events. I preferred it when there were fewer, and events funded our escapades in the actual game content.

-If some new gears / items / vanities / pets could be put into the expansion (as drops) this might liven it up.

As to what I do when I log on:

- Dailies on hc (not so hardcore really nor very much fun, Just playing it safe with dailies to get my toons to 71 for APs.)

- Other AP on my main. Again... Not very interesting to kill 500 of the same boss but it passes time while I wait for the expansion maps to become appealing/active.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    I hated myself for complaining when I made this thread because I felt bad for the developers. Now I don't because the expansion was something that the majority of players had made suggestions for in advance.
    Players were consistent in wanting the old style maps back. Well I thought I'd give it a go but as everyone as already said, there's nothing there.
    Now the title should be "What are the developers going to do?"
    I realise that there have been some really good changes to this brilliant game and fully appreciate it but still people are leaving, particularly players who are level 50s-60s because the levelling is so daunting.
    Maybe a double xp event that lasts for
    a week or more?
    Nothing can be done about the expansion that many were looking forward to, so best to concentrate on what we have I suppose.
    Just please don't let AL die.
    P.S. Sorry for hi-jacking your post Dalmony. I tend to start of with a reply then go into rant and rambling mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I hated myself for complaining when I made this thread because I felt bad for the developers. Now I don't because the expansion was something that the majority of players had made suggestions for in advance.
    Players were consistent in wanting the old style maps back. Well I thought I'd give it a go but as everyone as already said, there's nothing there.
    Now the title should be "What are the developers going to do?"
    I realise that there have been some really good changes to this brilliant game and fully appreciate it but still people are leaving, particularly players who are level 50s-60s because the levelling is so daunting.
    Maybe a double xp event that lasts for
    a week or more?
    Nothing can be done about the expansion that many were looking forward to, so best to concentrate on what we have I suppose.
    Just please don't let AL die.
    P.S. Sorry for hi-jacking your post Dalmony. I tend to start of with a reply then go into rant and rambling mode.
    Same, I don't like to be overly negative but as a player of this game for now 6 years, there are going to be times where we are disappointed to say the least and its a disservice to the devs to pretend otherwise.

You're right about newbies not staying - there is absolutely no need for brand new players to face such a ridiculous grind; what a terrible first impression of the game & not a true reflection of what the game is like for players most of the time. Heck if I found the game now I don't think I'd stick with it either.

Seems like the keys to reform would be:

- fix new player journey
    - reformat expansions

Id also like to know what the road map is towards fixing these

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by picklewickles View Post
    We are getting a lot of events to fight the boredom and mausoleum has the best gold loot even if you have no gl you can farm coffers and also festerfang and valley are just boring af every expansion is getting worse which made me decide i only play this game for events

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk
    Why bother farming gold? What will u get with it? Vanities? Good luck showing off your vanities to ghosts and NPCs if people stop playing

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I think there are many new excited players left, but I definitely see the majority of my old friends, along with old veterans slip through the floorboards.
    The devs are giving us crap for a while, then expect 1 event to revive the game, thats been going on for a while now.
    I am actually quite pleased with the fact i quit the game and get myself to log in every now and then to do a quick chat or help someone out.
    From my perspective the game has passed the point where its beyond saving, as i see the events get worse and worse each time.
    It was hard to leave this game behind me because i remember waking up at 9 am in the morning back in 2013 and mashing my ipad's screen to open AL.
    This game has -as cheesy as it sounds- had a big impact on my life, its something i will never forget.
    But i think its time people realise whats happening to the game.
    I even saw some people saying they added ads? I havent seen one yet but if this is the game StS has gone to a point of no return.

While i do believe this game wont totally die out for a while, its gradually decreasing in popularity and a miracle needs to happen if StS wants to turn this almost unavoidable shipwreck around.

Sorry for the rant i got carried away once again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

@Susanne the double xp event come out ~1-3 mths ago, doubt it'll be coming back soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    The only way IMO to turn this Expansion around regarding new maps/town activity is Sts is going to have to make a drastic change to some things:

1. Add Mythic Weps and Gear to Varden Valley Vendor. Add a long questline that you can eventually craft the Mythics to their Arcane counterparts. Get rid of putting new Arc Weps/Gear in crates. I would suggest Mythic/Set gear only. Arc Weps/ Gear are obtainable only through crafting from their Mythic versions. The materials needed( Every map will have something needed overall to Craft Arc Weps/Gear)to craft these items are obtainable through grinding and farming new maps(Drastic I know but will give a big reason and motivation for people to run new maps from here on out). Instead of waiting for Christmas to release the rest of the Arcane Weps/Gear put this idea into action ASAP.
    2. Make a Elite Map version of Mogera Lair(Where all classes are needed) where Bosses have good drops...Set Bonus items,Eggs, etc.
    3. Nerf the Gold Drops in ESG and Maus to the point where running these maps is no longer profitable. Increase Gold drops in new maps. Add Gold Chests to Vendor similar to what they did in Maus Expansion. The only way to get gold farmers out of those old maps is to kill the gold in those maps. Where the only option is to run the new maps for profit.

I'm sure others can add to this with ideas. But this would be a big start of turning things around Expansion Wise. Just some thoughts.
    1. No ...just ...no...sorry I do not want to repeat making that senseless set in order to make a glintstone set that was frankly monotonous and boring.
    2. No..the expansion was just a mish mash of events that had been run previously..best thing would be to roll back time to before was even launched.
    3. No because at least it keeps some ppl running
    Don’t get me wrong ...I would dearly love a quest line that would be thought provoking...interesting...not monotonous but experience tells me when we ask for stuff like that we get lumbered with 1k boss aps etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    1. No ...just ...no...sorry I do not want to repeat making that senseless set in order to make a glintstone set that was frankly monotonous and boring.
    2. No..the expansion was just a mish mash of events that had been run previously..best thing would be to roll back time to before was even launched.
    3. No because at least it keeps some ppl running
    Don’t get me wrong ...I would dearly love a quest line that would be thought provoking...interesting...not monotonous but experience tells me when we ask for stuff like that we get lumbered with 1k boss aps etc
    I hear ya. I did change my #1 idea on page 5. And yes me to I would love to have some quest line or harder Elite Map to farm to keep me busy. Sucks I have all this free time to play now and there is not much to do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I’m sorry to say this, but the way you’re defending ESG gold drops is making me suspect you’re either farming it 24/7, or making your PC do it.
    I can tell you he rarely farms esg and he definitely is always in control of his toon xD just afk in gh too much sometimes tho
    Just because you don’t like someone else’s opinion doesn’t mean you should make inferences about how he plays.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

AL needs technocrats not politicans regarding devs. Promises "we are considering and appreciate your suggestions" kind of statements doesnt make situation better. What AL community needs is implementation of serious changes not word games.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to devilMors For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Okey now I get y ppl say nerf esg ect
    Man I quit gold farming and started with running events and jewel farming.
    Tbh I am not complaining but Al lost it's good vibes
    It's different now.i hate farming for gold honestly speaking I have to farm like 8 hrs to 15 hrs to make good money but it's soo boring that I rather stand afk in towns rather than do esg (.
    Devs are talented in sts they are good but there is no proper expansion content that keeps the players engaged for more.op is ryt vardan valley is indeed a ghost town I see none farming there (
    As some players mentioned please let bosses drop arcane items that helps players to farm for more
    Nerf gl itself (sorry for the opinion but it is the main issue).
    But keep the booty event
    Instead of gl farm bring back the old old crate farming method.
    Or
    Keep gl farming but let bosses drop cool items pls
    Ppl would play even more and Al ratings will increase
    Ik it's hard but a small change is enough.
    Anyways devs are the experts I hope whatever decisions they make is best for Al
    Hope Al will rise to it's glory again.
    Ty all have a wonderful time

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilMors View Post
    AL needs technocrats not politicans regarding devs. Promises "we are considering and appreciate your suggestions" kind of statements doesnt make situation better. What AL community needs is implementation of serious changes not word games.
    Facts, its a shame devs will turn a blind eye on comments like these

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I quit maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago. I just returned about three days ago. As a returning player, here are my thoughts:

First, I wasn’t surprised by the huge experience gaps needed to level up since it was the same with the previous expansions. However, to be honest, a lot of people got bored just leveling up even with the xp rewards from daily quests. It slowed down the pace of a lot of people. I know the intent of STS was to make the players play a bit slowly so they don’t get bored after capping. This obviously had the opposite effect. Others capped so quickly, I myself is still at level 71. Why would I rush getting to level 76 when people are farming the older maps? I even hear the new 76 arcanes are performing worse than the older ones. Less capped players and better gold drips in maus results to….. dead “new” maps.

Second, inflation. I believe it is too late to do anything about it. Just keep farming and you'll be fine. However, may I just say that if STS wants people to migrate to the new maps (I might anger some people here), put the best gold rates and loots at the new maps. This way, players will have to level up and play the new maps instead of choosing to stay at a lower level and just farm in maus at that level.

Third, maybe create an specifically for the new map or the capped players. They are, after all, probably the most bored people right now. Capping and having to go back to older maps. Again, I am still at level 71 so please don’t bother saying how unfair it would be. It is sort of unfair being level-limited event but they did the grind that others did not so maybe that deserves some reward.

Last, keep the pets coming!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lissil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lissil View Post
    I quit maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago. I just returned about three days ago. As a returning player, here are my thoughts:

First, I wasn’t surprised by the huge experience gaps needed to level up since it was the same with the previous expansions. However, to be honest, a lot of people got bored just leveling up even with the xp rewards from daily quests. It slowed down the pace of a lot of people. I know the intent of STS was to make the players play a bit slowly so they don’t get bored after capping. This obviously had the opposite effect. Others capped so quickly, I myself is still at level 71. Why would I rush getting to level 76 when people are farming the older maps? I even hear the new 76 arcanes are performing worse than the older ones. Less capped players and better gold drips in maus results to….. dead “new” maps.

Second, inflation. I believe it is too late to do anything about it. Just keep farming and you'll be fine. However, may I just say that if STS wants people to migrate to the new maps (I might anger some people here), put the best gold rates and loots at the new maps. This way, players will have to level up and play the new maps instead of choosing to stay at a lower level and just farm in maus at that level.

Third, maybe create an specifically for the new map or the capped players. They are, after all, probably the most bored people right now. Capping and having to go back to older maps. Again, I am still at level 71 so please don’t bother saying how unfair it would be. It is sort of unfair being level-limited event but they did the grind that others did not so maybe that deserves some reward.

Last, keep the pets coming!
    I think I remember you! It might have been in a line chat from a guild, but I certainly remember the name.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    I can tell you he rarely farms esg and he definitely is always in control of his toon xD just afk in gh too much sometimes tho
    Just because you don’t like someone else’s opinion doesn’t mean you should make inferences about how he plays.
    I mean, not so intelligent opinions got game threatening items implemented into the game, I certainly come across some threads I would delete. Eg- Any vanity suggestion ever, anything supporting gold loot, Recolors in specific, movement speed oriented, all of it takes away from the developers attention and in the end gets not so worthy things implemented.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I sometimes just log in to check auctions and crafts. I used to do ESG but no more. The vardan map is not for me, Fester is only good for XP and after cap, my toon doesn't set foot in Fester. Maus is not bas and can be fun sometimes but the last bosses takes to long to deal with and it can sometimes be hard to get a PT or a good PT there. The outpost is dope and the most fun thing to do in AL.

I do not believe anyone here means to offend or disrespect development, sometimes just being real and expressing how you feel leads to progress.