Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So, what are we going to do..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Why would you farm a map that doesn’t drop anything if ESG drops you 10,000+ gold every run, and you can do it in 30 seconds?

I support an ESG nerf and I also think new maps should drop more gold/better loot. I don’t remember saying the new maps are desirable to farm. And I don’t see anyone else saying that. You’re just making things up to support your idea, and you’re the only one in this thread with that.
    If the new maps had decent drops no one would bother with esg.

when hydra had gl before all the wars and mages cried about pt, no one was farming esg or maus, instead they ran hydra.

You would know all of this if you logged in for anything other than events.

Also you completely misunderstood my post, I said buff new maps loot leave old maps alone.
    Last edited by Thegoodsir; 11-04-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thegoodsir View Post
    If the new maps had decent drops no one would bother with esg.

when hydra had gl before all the wars and mages cried about pt, no one was farming esg or maus, instead they ran hydra.

You would know all of this if you logged in for anything other than events.

Also you completely misunderstood my post, I said buff new maps loot leave old maps alone.
    Whenever I log in for events, I see people running ESG instead of the event, and they say they make more money from running ESG than doing the event. Surely there’s something wrong with that?

by the way, if I had to vote I’d nerf gold drops in every map. Just put in good items as loot everywhere.
    Retired

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Whenever I log in for events, I see people running ESG instead of the event, and they say they make more money from running ESG than doing the event. Surely there’s something wrong with that?

by the way, if I had to vote I’d nerf gold drops in every map. Just put in good items as loot everywhere.
    If they make more gold doing esg than the event perhaps theres something wrong with the event loot, did you stop to consider that?

Its a little late to remove gold loot considering all the time and money people have invested into getting a gold set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

If they make more gold doing esg than the event perhaps theres something wrong with the event loot, did you stop to consider that?

Its a little late to remove gold loot considering all the time and money people have invested into getting a gold set.
    I’m sorry to say this, but the way you’re defending ESG gold drops is making me suspect you’re either farming it 24/7, or making your PC do it.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yes, it is very late, but, the game is dying because of it. Im sure plenty of players would rather have a functioning game and not farm gold, than a dead, sunset game that no longer gets updates and be rich.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I’m sorry to say this, but the way you’re defending ESG gold drops is making me suspect you’re either farming it 24/7, or making your PC do it.
    Actually i rarely run that map but people should be free to farm wherever they want, it is just a game after all.
    Last edited by Thegoodsir; 11-05-2019 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Not replying to the fidrami.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    When we log in what's the point? I've seen less and then less players online. The gap from level 50 to 76 is far too wide, the Vardan map is like a ghost town, people are reduced to visiting Festerfang to relieve their boredom in between waiting for the daily grind of dailies.
    Meanwhile, those of us who are capped and don't PvP are arguing about level 76 weapons we don't need because for some unknown reason, we still farm Maus. Oh yes, silly me, we farm Maus because that's the only remotely interesting place left for us.
    Some of us still help the lower levels, give them pets, get them through their dailies knowing full well that they'll get bored and leave before they have capped.
    Yes, we do have many events but why?
    I just want to finish this by asking someone, what's happening?
    What's happening is exactly what you said

I'd like to go more into detail but I'm afraid it will end up as a mad rant.

P.S ESG is not the problem. Unrewarding/boring new expansion, crafting everything instead of loot drops is!

Also STS needs to forget about the one map concept, it is a fail. Dreamscape was the start of this concept. One map and cyclical ones has not been good for retention of player base. Go back to Tindirin style maps, with elite version, with loot drops.........and listen to and carry out players PvP suggestions!

Also...make it easier for newcomers to reach endcap. I had about 3 friends that I introduced AL to from RL this week, but they all kinda quit soon after, citing boredom/lack of interest.
    Last edited by Tuhguhbuhbuh; 11-04-2019 at 10:28 PM.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thinking about 1. on my 2nd post in this thread. I would like to come back to that. I like the idea of Mythic Weps/Gear being available in Vendor. I think Silentkill brought up the idea of also having these items lootable as drops to, I like this idea as well.

I brought up the idea of having Arcane Weps/Gear Craftable from Mythics. It seems like a lot of people don’t like crafting in this game in general lol which is fine. So instead what about having hmm…at least Arcane Weps lootable from an Elite Map? Ofc a hard map where all classes are needed. Why is a Arcane Rarity Wep, the best in game only obtainable through Locked Crates? In most MMORPG games what we consider Arcane Rarity Weps/Gear are Dungeon/Raid/World Boss drops. I think one of the biggest flaws of this game and why P2W V.S F2P gap is so large is because of this. A perfect example…Look what happen last Expansion when Ebon Aegis/Daggers hit 80m+. Only 1% of the player base could afford these Weps while for many F2P, owning these Weps was a dream. And what bigger motivation do you need to farm and grind a map hard knowing you can have the chance to loot a Arcane Rarity Wep? So in general this is why I originally liked the idea of completely removing Arcane Weps and maybe even Gear from Locked Crates all together. It opens up more possibilities for giving players a reason and motivation to run Elite Maps, and in general makes the game more fair whether you buy Plat or not. I don’t even gamble in RL so I never liked the idea of Locked Crates at all.

Just some thoughts that popped up in my head 3:48am on Vacation lol ��
    Last edited by Fearrr; 11-07-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Thanks to all who replied to my question.
    I just want to say that AL has a special quality for so many people to show such an interest and come up with all the good suggestions to keep it going.
    It would be a shame, is a shame actually, to see so many players unhappy with it and worse, to quit.
    I have been playing a long time, it's been like a good book, one that you can't put down.
    I've seen so many changes and I hope AL continues to change for the better.
    People say, "It's only a game"..but it's been more than that to me and a few other people I know in-game. It's escapism, that's what it is and anyone here can't deny that otherwise, why would you be here too?
    Just a few of the ideas would be helpful.
    Anyway, take care and kind regards.
    P.S. Thanks to Cinco for leaving a post earlier.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Thanks to all who replied to my question.
    I just want to say that AL has a special quality for so many people to show such an interest and come up with all the good suggestions to keep it going.
    It would be a shame, is a shame actually, to see so many players unhappy with it and worse, to quit.
    I have been playing a long time, it's been like a good book, one that you can't put down.
    I've seen so many changes and I hope AL continues to change for the better.
    People say, "It's only a game"..but it's been more than that to me and a few other people I know in-game. It's escapism, that's what it is and anyone here can't deny that otherwise, why would you be here too?
    Just a few of the ideas would be helpful.
    Anyway, take care and kind regards.
    P.S. Thanks to Cinco for leaving a post earlier.
    Thanks for the thread, it was needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Clearly you havent been around long enough.
    If youve played this game for over 4years you will know what problems we are facing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Clearly you havent been around long enough.
    If youve played this game for over 4years you will know what problems we are facing.
    If your post was directed to me, I have played for over 6 years. Just because I didn't make a forum account until 2016 doesn't mean I wasn't playing.
    I started playing, as a guest, just after AL was born but after losing that character when I got a new phone, made an account in 2013.
    I don't think of problems, only solutions.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

If your post was directed to me, I have played for over 6 years. Just because I didn't make a forum account until 2016 doesn't mean I wasn't playing.
    I started playing, as a guest, just after AL was born but after losing that character when I got a new phone, made an account in 2013.
    I dont think his post was directed to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    I dont think his post was directed to you
    My bad then 😣 and sorry. Whilst typing, I realized just how long I have been playing. My how time flies.
    Have a good day. I'm going to shut up now. 🙂🤐

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default So, what are we going to do..

Events are like the main priority of the game now since they are what keep people playing. While there is a bigger focus on events and constantly improving them, it’s at the cost base game content, especially expansions. Vardan Valley doesn’t have any meaningful stuff we can farm for because all of the meaningful stuff we want to farm for are all in events. People farm maus because buying stuff from auction is the most efficient way of getting the loot you want without gambling locks away. If expansions need more time be released, I’m perfectly fine with waiting a bit longer. Expansion content should be able to keep us engaged with loot we can pursue and sell while we are waiting for the next event to happen.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 11-05-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    Events are like the main priority of the game now since they are what keep people playing. While there is a bigger focus on events and constantly improving them, it’s at the cost base game content, especially expansions. Vardan Valley doesn’t have any meaningful stuff we can farm for because all of the meaningful stuff we want to farm for are all in events. People farm maus because buying stuff from auction is the most efficient way of getting the loot you want without gambling locks away. If expansions need more time be released, I’m perfectly fine with waiting a bit longer. Expansion content should be able to keep us engaged with loot we can pursue and sell while we are waiting for the next event to happen.
    ......somebody in my guild said Event Legends........LOL

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

When we log in what's the point? I've seen less and then less players online. The gap from level 50 to 76 is far too wide, the Vardan map is like a ghost town, people are reduced to visiting Festerfang to relieve their boredom in between waiting for the daily grind of dailies.
    Meanwhile, those of us who are capped and don't PvP are arguing about level 76 weapons we don't need because for some unknown reason, we still farm Maus. Oh yes, silly me, we farm Maus because that's the only remotely interesting place left for us.
    Some of us still help the lower levels, give them pets, get them through their dailies knowing full well that they'll get bored and leave before they have capped.
    Yes, we do have many events but why?
    I just want to finish this by asking someone, what's happening?
    I think you've spent too much time on game. You're showing the signs of gaming disorder..my advise is you should spent some time doing outdoor activities. Stay away from game for a while and come back occasionally then you will find the game are much fun than before.
    I once get so bored and feel stuck at one point, so I decided to uninstall the game and stop playing any game for more than 3 month. Trust me it works like magic when you come back to game.

I believe that you just fatigue from all the events and quest. Take a hiatus bro.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Crocodile For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

No it wasnt, i think the quote missfired.
    Oh well, enjoy my late response :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    No it wasnt, i think the quote missfired.
    Oh well, enjoy my late response :P
    Ah yes. I apologized earlier. Sorry about the mix up. Hope you have a good day 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I completely agree with OP (hard to reply to everything else in the thread!!) I was considering buying Duggar bow until it dawned on me that there was absolutely no need as we are still farming Maus... in speed set... I promptly sold my taint set and bought some level 76 pinks.

-> I remember when it was satisfying to get to a boss and actually care what item he drops, with the anticipation that you could potentially drop something awesome. The 5 map system was best, with 5 reasonable length maps and different items dropping at each elite. Would love to see proper elites back. And elite golden chests *-* miss those!!

- > Would also love to see less timer based content. I don't understand the reasoning for the majority of the new expansion maps being behind a timer, this just makes it difficult for people with lives/family/friends to engage with the content. If I have a nice few hours free on a Tuesday and feel like playing but all the maps are closed then.... Meh.

- I'm tired of events. I preferred it when there were fewer, and events funded our escapades in the actual game content.

-If some new gears / items / vanities / pets could be put into the expansion (as drops) this might liven it up.

As to what I do when I log on:

- Dailies on hc (not so hardcore really nor very much fun, Just playing it safe with dailies to get my toons to 71 for APs.)

- Other AP on my main. Again... Not very interesting to kill 500 of the same boss but it passes time while I wait for the expansion maps to become appealing/active.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk