Thread: SL thoughts from PL player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default SL thoughts from PL player

After grinding in PL for weeks, I decided to take a break by playing SL. I haven't been able to "get into it" though like I did with PL. I was hoping others could offer insights or comments if they had similar reservations earlier or now. These aren't criticisms but rather concerns I personally have had so far. Also, note that I bought 2000 plat so I'll be giving this a thorough chance.

-can we only have 4 spells up on the screen at a time?
    -the stimpacks are a longer reach for my right hand than in PL. It actually hurts some to stretch there.
    -I can't put my finger on it but the gameplay seems off. Maybe it's because we mostly stand still while shooting guns (which is weird). Maybe it's just personal preference.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Actually, there is an arrow above the 4 skills which you are using. Thus making it 8 skills that you can use. Although you are correct, only 4 skills are visible in SL at a time.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    After grinding in PL for weeks, I decided to take a break by playing SL. I haven't been able to "get into it" though like I did with PL. I was hoping others could offer insights or comments if they had similar reservations earlier or now. These aren't criticisms but rather concerns I personally have had so far. Also, note that I bought 2000 plat so I'll be giving this a thorough chance.

-can we only have 4 spells up on the screen at a time?
    -the stimpacks are a longer reach for my right hand than in PL. It actually hurts some to stretch there.
    -I can't put my finger on it but the gameplay seems off. Maybe it's because we mostly stand still while shooting guns (which is weird). Maybe it's just personal preference.
    you can have up to 4 visually shown but 8 if you add 4 to your additional slots.
    i thought it was in the same position as pl but i might be mistaken
    unfortunately every weapon is pretty much the same. all range but different damage, no mellee
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I just quit PL for SL also. I couldn't get into it either but yesterday I went from Level 29-38, it gets more interesting when you can do xp runs in UC Shipyard. And voleria is worth reaching Level 34 to play. The graphics are breath-taking. Oh and I went 29-38 with 0 platinum but I will be buying some tomorrow, as leveling slows way down at 38.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    I just quit PL for SL also. I couldn't get into it either but yesterday I went from Level 29-38, it gets more interesting when you can do xp runs in UC Shipyard. And voleria is worth reaching Level 34 to play. The graphics are breath-taking. Oh and I went 29-38 with 0 platinum but I will be buying some tomorrow, as leveling slows way down at 38.
    Great to hear. Ill stick it out till 40 and when my plat runs dry. But I haven't--and wont--quit PL
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenokills View Post
    you can have up to 4 visually shown but 8 if you add 4 to your additional slots.
    i thought it was in the same position as pl but i might be mistaken
    unfortunately every weapon is pretty much the same. all range but different damage, no mellee
    I just measured and on the iPad the stim packs are about an inch to the left of where the health pots are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I stopped playing SL and tried some PL the other day...and I've gotta say, PL is just more fun. Faster paced, less focus on "click, stand still, shoot, win" which is all SL seems to be. Plus, the wide array of drops in PL is just more appealing.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I stopped playing SL and tried some PL the other day...and I've gotta say, PL is just more fun. Faster paced, less focus on "click, stand still, shoot, win" which is all SL seems to be. Plus, the wide array of drops in PL is just more appealing.
    I hear ya, although I haven't noticed the limited number of items since I'm low level in SL. If you don't mind sharing, what level are your chars in both games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm actually starting to dislike SL's gameplay more and more as I keep playing PL. I finally got to Alien Oasis Part 1 and its amazing!

In PL, the battles are fast paced and having to run up to a enemy just to hit them with a melee weapon feels great and rewarding.

The problem though is that I don't really know anyone in PL. I also don't like how everyone bothers me about the dang Founders' Helm and Hardlight Shield. Honestly, it was pretty cool getting asked about them at first but now its getting old. -____-
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

While I love SL and I focus more of my time on SL rather than split the time to play PL, PL has some stuff that's so much better than those in SL.

The pvp in PL is way more fun than that of SL. The reason for me is, well, the more skills you are able to use. The long intense battles I have with the lvl65-66 classes are awesome. Even tho sometimes I last only a few seconds, being a lvl61 and all, it is still awesome.

Tho the only part of the PL maps I like is the AO3 map. It's an awesome story type theme it has. The best part of it is fighting Gurgox and the Overlord. Those are still hard to defeat, if you don't have the proper knowledge or team that is.

The new map in SL is headed that way, it seems to be the first part of a trilogy.

Hope to see you guys some time in PL!

Ign is Raokareosa lvl61 bear Str/dex.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    I hear ya, although I haven't noticed the limited number of items since I'm low level in SL. If you don't mind sharing, what level are your chars in both games?
    I have a 63 Dex Bear and a 52 Nuke Mage in PL....took me like a week to get there lol, I like elixirs.

In SL I HAD a 40 commando, a 36 eng, a 30 pvp op, and a bunch of low lvl pvp accounts
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Strange, am I the only person who switched from PL to SL and liked the latter better? The graphics, creative maps, and stellar equipment designs make SL appeal to me so much more. (Note that I played PL since the beginning and have a Founders' Helm)
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I came over from PL to SL. Haven't played much PL since then. I prefer SL over PL. BUT...

I would like to see more items (quantity) & more creative (quality) items in SL though.
    Look at the Holiday items in PL, then look at the ones in SL.
    The "Elf Shield" could have been a little Holographic Elf or something.
    PL has a Santa for a shield, Pajamas, Gift Boxes, and a bunch of other "cool" items.
    I Hope STS cranks it up a bit on the items in SL.

...I still prefer SL though. Both are great!