Thread: Eatmyshred's Lv27 Fox guide (updated)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Eatmyshred's Lv27 Fox guide (updated)

Heya!

Some of you may remember a few months ago around February I made a guide covering Lv27 fox.

Obviously since then a lot has changed in the PvP scene, and a lot of people ask me to help them out with the class.

I thought I would make another guide covering most aspects of the Ranger class as concisely as I can.

Let's get to it!

Guide will consist of 3 sections:
    -Builds/attributes
    -Gear
    -Tactics/fight scenarios

*SECTION 1*

-Attributes-

In the current meta, you will be needing only 40 points in STR, rest in DEX.

The reason for this is that Conq and Guru sets are no longer viable (which required 62 STR) as the lv25 Elites rolled in (Which require 40 STR & 40 DEX).

-Build-

As for the build, 6 shred is almost mandatory due to the crazy 120+ armor value that the Lv25 elite armors give.

Build would look like this:

1rabid, 1vix, 1needle, 6evade, 1fury, 1dart, 6shred, 1howl, 6tonic, 1hamstring, 1hypno

This is the only build I'll be mentioning as it's the only one I found to be consistent and effective in the current meta.

*SECTION 2*

-Gear-

Weapon: L25 Zoinks Psycho Blaster

Helm: L25 STR/DEX Halloween Bone helm

Armor: L25 Whamm Cyber armor

Shield: None, as you are using the blaster.

Ring: L20 Champion's Fine Golden Band, 2 crit 8 armor
    The Screaming Mimi, 25% speed 5 dmg 3 armor
    Fine Platinum Band of Bravery, 1 crit 11dmg

You can choose to have any of those 3 rings.
    I prefer using the 8 armor 2 crit one as it makes more of a difference than 11 dmg and 1 crit simply because you already have 220+ damage with the blaster.

Mimi is also a fairly good ring, as the 25% speed is very useful for catching up to enemies, however 5 dmg and 3 armor is very lacking and I wouldn't recommend it.

Another thing I should mention are the Founder's helm, and the Lv10 amulets.

Founder's helm will give you 5 damage and 5 armor which is a nice bonus to have, but not necessary.

Lv10 amulet makes little to no difference by adding either 1 crit 3 dmg or 1 dodge 3 armor depending on which one you have.

*SECTION 3*

-Tactics/Scenarios-

**A quick side note** I will base these playstyles only around Lv27 games where the damage buff doesn't take place.

-Mages:
    Now that everyone is using elites, mages have become slightly more difficult to fight as a fox than they were before.

However the idea is still that you must use shred AFTER they heal, since their heal will remove the -60 armor and will easily cost you the fight if you time it wrong.

There are 2 combos I can give you for fighting mages.

Nuke: Rabid, Hypno, Shred, Ham, Needle, Vix

More sustain: Rabid, Ham, Hypno, Dart, (by this time they have healed) Shred, Needle, Vix.

You may notice I'm always putting Needle and Vix after Shred. This is because those
    2 are almost your highest damage skills, and using them when the enemy has -60 armor applied to them will deal a lot of damage.

-Bears:
    Bears have actually become a lot easier to fight as a fox.

So for bears you want to use your Shred as soon as possible to apply the -60 armor otherwise you'll do next to no damage to them.

2 combos I can give you Vs bears.

Standard: Rabid, Shred, Hypno, Ham, Needle, Vix, Dart, Howl. (If you are stunned and are facing away from them, wait till you're not stunned and only then use needle and vix).

Fly combo: Hypno, Vix, Shred, Needle, Dart, Rabid, Ham, Howl. (For this to flow smoothly and to work you will need to press buttons very quickly, which is why I recommend you only do this if you're on PC or you have a fast device.)

Fox:
    fighting foxes as a fox now doesn't rely as heavily on whoever gets more dodges wins, even though it still makes a large difference.

You basically want to use all your skills before they use theirs, and in the right sequence.

There are 3 combos I can give you.

Fly combo: Hypno, Vix, Shred, Needle, Dart, Rabid, Ham, Howl.

Standard: Hypno, Rabid, Shred, Ham, Needle, Vix, Dart, Howl

Nuke(ish): Hypno, Dart, Shred, Needle, Vix, Rabid, Ham, Howl, Dart

You will have to alternate and experiment which combo will work against which fox.

Birds:
    Birds are a lot stronger than they were now that they can use Elites.

Against birds you want to use your Shred AND your Ham as soon as possible. Birds have very high annoying dodge which Ham will reduce a little bit.

Birds will root you and kite you into oblivion, which is why you need to get those important skills landed otherwise you won't get another chance.

Only 1 combo that I've found to be consistent against birds.

Standard: Hypno, Rabid, Shred, Ham, Needle, Vix, Howl, Dart.

Rhino:
    Rhinos are still squishy and are no issue to kill for foxes.

Their heal also cancels Shred, so be careful of that as explained in the Mages part.

1 combo I have against rhino.

Standard: *when they charge at you* Hypno, Shred, Needle, Vix, Rabid, Ham, Howl, Dart.

**END**

So that was the end of the guide. I'm hoping I helped a few people with this and I do encourage everyone to come to level 27 and try it out! It is an active level and you will get good fun out of it.

Any suggestions on something I forgot to add or any other feedback is greatly appreciated :-)

Later!

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eatmyshred; 11-05-2019 at 06:17 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eatmyshred For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eatmyshred View Post
    Heya!

Founder's helm will give you 5 damage and 5 armor which is a nice bonus to have, but not necessary.

Not anymore

But I think I’ll be trying this out soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hai doods

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synfullmagic_23110 View Post
    Not anymore

But I think I’ll be trying this out soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It still does give the bonuses as it did before, just doesn't show up in the item description. Test it