Thread: Minor Suggestions and Concepts I Feel the Game is Missing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Thumbs up Minor Suggestions and Concepts I Feel the Game is Missing

Alright, here we go.
    I wanted to give a few minor suggestions and then state some things that I feel this game is missing from what I've seen from long time ago.

Okay, the first minor suggestion, is actually a forward from what largecommandr previously stated, open quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    Wouldnt It be nice if we could filter our stash. Like from Highest level to low. Or pinks to trash.

Or have something like our inventory where you can select helms and it would show you only helms. And if you select vanitys it would show only vanitys.

Because I have lot of items in stash and its annoying scrolling thru everything to find the one item.

Another thing is. If you were to put 5items. Lets say its a set. The set never stays together. Its like the stash shuffles itself.

Like I put a copperhead set in. After I loged out and came back later that day. I went to stash and The whole stash was shuffled. Copper helm was 3rd. Copper trident was in the middle. Sheild was 4th last. and armor was between trident and sheild.

It gets real anoying. So itll be nice If you guys could add a stash filter.
    I really think this is a nice idea; perhaps make an orientation for stash so that it works the same way as the CS.

Okay, so now as far as I've seen what PL offers, it's a lot. A lot for a Mobile Game.
    I only feel it misses a few key concepts that other games have.
    First of all, I realize that now when I log on, there's almost nothing else to do except PvP or grind/farm.
    This could be the reason why some people just don't play after they hit the elite level cap.
    In this way, I'm sort of thinking if STS could perhaps make a huge towne or a vast map JUST FOR SOCIALIZATION, with ALL the features of the game.
    (CS, stash, elixirs, vanities, ETC)
    This place would simply be a place where everyone could gather and talk and have fun.
    I also think that the limit of 25 players per towne is a bit communication-restrictive.
    Perhaps, if they could get better technical limitations, have a towne where EVERYONE can be at.
    I used to think of this towne as Balefort Castle or Forest Haven, but lately Balefort is now silent and solely serves only as a place to check CS and stash.
    I also used to think about Shadow Caves as being a nice place, but no one goes there.
    So yes, I'm looking forward to some new towne that functions for this one purpose.
    It could help improve activeness by TENFOLD.

The second recommendation would be to have new skills and class changes.
    Nearly every MMORPG I've played has a second class or some new class released.
    We lack this.
    But as seeing how much the WHOLE game would have to be revised for JUST ONE new class, I'd expect that this would eventually come, but not for another few years.

Last of all, a mail system.
    We need to be able to contact people when they are AFK.
    This would be a great way for trades and events. Perhaps a guild mail system?

-And one more thing, server megaphones. Somewhat similar to how developers use 'SYSTEM' to talk to the whole server before they shut down for a new patch.

These cast a message through the server, and would be great for Dev/AoA Events.
    They would have 5-10 minute limits to prevent spamming, and would be for like 10k gold each at the Potions Shop.
    Would be a great way to sell items and everything.

Post what you think. Thanks.
    -Whirlz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Great ideas. Especially the in game mail & system wide messages. System wide messages worry me cause without a doubt some knuckle heads will abuse it so maybe with that option make it a notification option to toggle on/off with the other notifications & yes make it so it can only be sent every 10 minutes or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I like the Towne idea were everyone can be in. Whenever I enter balefort castle it's usually quite empty and quiet
    Last edited by Zenidal; 12-30-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Everyone of these ideas are really amazing! I love the MAIL suggestion. Messaging people that are AFK, what an awesome suggestion!

Edit: forum app problems- keeps posting things twice. I don't know why.
    Last edited by Skeletonlord; 12-30-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Silentarrow- subscriptions- I don't know when these will be added, and there has been talk about them for quite a while. They could be a small amount of money, like when you buy plat, and you get a certain amount of plat put on your account every week. For example 30 plat a week, and you can choose from 1,2,3,4 etc month subscriptions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zenidal View Post
    I like the Towne idea were everyone can be in. Whenever I enter balefort castle it's usually quite empty and quiet
    You can join an instance that has more people through the "join game" screen. There is usually at least one instance available with 15+ people.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

You forgot probably the most important suggestion of all, more important than all of these, it is the

Ambassador of Alterra - SirHelpsAlot ~ Proud Member of AEO ~ Proud Member of Sparkling Pwnies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    You can join an instance that has more people through the "join game" screen. There is usually at least one instance available with 15+ people.
    I think he knows that... It's a basic fact.
    What he means is that most townes are always quiet and unsocial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RBeltran View Post
    You forgot probably the most important suggestion of all, more important than all of these, it is the

Something that RBeltran was supposed to put here but coded it incorrectly.
    Sorry you coded your pet rock spoiler wrong.
    Atleast I fixed your spoiler coding.

Anyways, what we need is the peanut butter jelly time NPC.
    I'll fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Sorry you coded your pet rock spoiler wrong.
    Atleast I fixed your spoiler coding.

Anyways, what we need is the peanut butter jelly time NPC.
    I'll fix it.
    Lol I know I failed at it. The tutorial didn't help at all XD

Ambassador of Alterra - SirHelpsAlot ~ Proud Member of AEO ~ Proud Member of Sparkling Pwnies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    First of all, I realize that now when I log on, there's almost nothing else to do except PvP or grind/farm.

-Whirlz
    thats what i say to, i guess one thing is it can become to confusing and less casual, but it would also attact a lot more id think.
    my ideas from an old thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Suggestions

Character specialization:
    Crafting: Adding a crafting leveling system would add a lot of variety to the game, so not every person is a fighter. Recipes would no longer be items, but more like skills. Xp would be earned from crafting quests, and crafting. For instance after crafting many plate scraps into a plate panels, say a character reaches crafting level 5, he could then learn how to craft a lvl1 beret, and craft those to level up.
    Alchemy: Basically the same as crafting, but these could make potions and weaker elixirs( such as 1.5x). Obviously a new drop ingredient would be needed, or maybe they could be crafted from the gems.
    Summoner: Once again, the same crafting concept, but they would make scrolls, and could cast a temporary pet to people, giving a temporary attack bonus.
    Skills: We need more a rank 15 of the same old skills won’t cut it. To add more variety (right now pretty much everyone’s the same: only 3 endgame sets with bonuses for each build, and skills are all basically maxed), add some stat based skills along with the race based, also maybe have a set based skills, maybe orlok set allows you to jump to the person like Van Gobble does.
    Hybrid gear: Again variety is lacking, so why not add some multi stat based sets? Perhaps a ranger (str/dex) may be shield and sword set with decent dodge and high damage requiring base stats of 140 str, 140 dex, a pally set (str/int) with the armour desired as well as a mana and mana regen boost. Or class based sets would mix it up too, a str set only usable by bears could be added so we can finally get rid of that unneeded excessive mana regen and get some armour boost (so it’s not the same as int gear >_< fail) and a little hit% boost. This would help a lot so everyone’s not going for the same old 3 sets.