Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Event speed adjustments......

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    In which PVE map is the "speed set" considered useful?????

Where in PVE do you need to go real fast?????????

As my original posted stated, a "speed" and a "non speed" map would be cool when doing events........

This is not a "banish speed set" post....... This is just a suggestion.......

Maybe if speed set users refrained from running "randoms", we would not have to have to have this discussion..........

Do not insist that we should form PTs when speed users can do the same......... Wanna GoRealFast????? Form a PT......

*This is meant for EVENTS only*
    Its useful in all pve maps.

Better question is where don't you need to "go real fast?"

My advice is to buy a speed set even if you can only afford a bad awaken nox set and use hotbar loadouts to switch to a "damage" set when you finish pulling mobs to kill.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thegoodsir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thegoodsir View Post
    Its useful in all pve maps.

Better question is where don't you need to "go real fast?"

My advice is to buy a speed set even if you can only afford a bad awaken nox set and use hotbar loadouts to switch to a "damage" set when you finish pulling mobs to kill.
    Don't give advice unless you can give a detailed, elaborate explanation of your advice........ You still have not provided any reason/explanation why when running in random PVE PTs, you "need"
    to GoRealFast........ Once you can explain in detail, your input will be taken seriously....... Until then, it would probably be best to just read the forums instead of replying.......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Don't give advice unless you can give a detailed, elaborate explanation of your advice........ You still have not provided any reason/explanation why when running in random PVE PTs, you "need"
    to GoRealFast........ Once you can explain in detail, your input will be taken seriously....... Until then, it would probably be best to just read the forums instead of replying.......
    Faster runs = more runs, that explains it all.

Theres solo mode for a reason.
    Last edited by Thegoodsir; 11-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thegoodsir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

speed sets is useful in everymap pve

u can remap and clean maps faster than a snail

like hauntlet with speed set on u can run like 2-3x faster with speed set

in everymap speed set is useful tho no need for op awaken speed set as long as u have a 2x hotbar and a damage/stats gear your on
    just pull your enemies and change to dmg/stats gears

with no speed set just party with your friends who don't own speed set with that u and your friends can have a normal run without fast runners

my opinion adding such alot of buttons is really annoying to pick
    "solo" and "multiple " --> "with speed" or "no speed" is really a pain to have that kind of options dont get hurt just my opinion

also thegoodsir guy is right.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimmstroke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmstroke View Post
    speed sets is useful in everymap pve

u can remap and clean maps faster than a snail

like hauntlet with speed set on u can run like 2-3x faster with speed set

in everymap speed set is useful tho no need for op awaken speed set as long as u have a 2x hotbar and a damage/stats gear your on
    just pull your enemies and change to dmg/stats gears

with no speed set just party with your friends who don't own speed set with that u and your friends can have a normal run without fast runners

my opinion adding such alot of buttons is really annoying to pick
    "solo" and "multiple " --> "with speed" or "no speed" is really a pain to have that kind of options dont get hurt just my opinion

also thegoodsir guy is right.
    PVE is predominantly a "PUG" environment and just like non speed set users can form PTs, speed set users can do the same..... Speed set use is more of a specialty and is meant for specific runs.... If your intent is to clear the map quickly, do it solo or form a "speed PT" to accomplish your task........

PUGs are the bread and butter of the game, want to GoRealFast? U need to form a PT.... Do not join "random" maps with speed equipped because that is a reflection of a lack of sensibility.... Why would you rely on a "random" pt when you intend to speed through the map???? Wouldn't "solo" be better???? If you rely on a PTs help to get through a map, do not expect them to be in "cohort" with your objective/setup...........

If you want to go real fast, skip PUGs and either solo or form a "speed" PT....... If you cannot form a PT, do not insist others do the same........

This is a game where people mostly PUG and if you are going to PUG, it would be best to decrease your speed.......

My suggestion was meant for events..........

And, FYI.... TheGoodSir is not right..... If a speed user wants faster runs, they need to solo or form a speed PT, they do not need to rely on PUGs..... That's the problem........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

PVE is predominantly a "PUG" environment and just like non speed set users can form PTs, speed set users can do the same..... Speed set use is more of a specialty and is meant for specific runs.... If your intent is to clear the map quickly, do it solo or form a "speed PT" to accomplish your task........

PUGs are the bread and butter of the game, want to GoRealFast? U need to form a PT.... Do not join "random" maps with speed equipped because that is a reflection of a lack of sensibility.... Why would you rely on a "random" pt when you intend to speed through the map???? Wouldn't "solo" be better???? If you rely on a PTs help to get through a map, do not expect them to be in "cohort" with your objective/setup...........

If you want to go real fast, skip PUGs and either solo or form a "speed" PT....... If you cannot form a PT, do not insist others do the same........

This is a game where people mostly PUG and if you are going to PUG, it would be best to decrease your speed.......

My suggestion was meant for events..........

And, FYI.... TheGoodSir is not right..... If a speed user wants faster runs, they need to solo or form a speed PT, they do not need to rely on PUGs..... That's the problem........
    Name:  charles-darwin-survival-of-the-fittest11.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  38.1 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

News flash! Most people use speed sets to farm energy and events.

Only people who can't afford one don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

News flash! Most people use speed sets to farm energy and events.

Only people who can't afford one don't.
    My point exactly... Farm alone or in a speed PT.... Speed is irrelevant in PUGs.... When I farm energy, I do it solo, I run PUGs when there is a collective objective........

Wanna farm energy, do it solo.....

Wanna do LB stuff, do it solo or with a speed PT.....

Do not enter randoms and consider it to be inconsiderate for random runners to be annoyed by your speed.......

People come here everyday and give input on new players quitting.... This is one of the reasons why.... A new player cannot simply buy a speed set...... Like I said before, wanna GoRealFast, form a PT or solo.... Stop insisting that random runners should form PTs or deal with unnecessary PT member speed bonuses........ If you are that good, solo, or form a PT........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Name:  charles-darwin-survival-of-the-fittest11.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  38.1 KB

Darwin would want you to use your MIND, something you are not doing.......

Please refrain from posting things that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Please refrain from posting things that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
    Same could be said for you.

Good luck with your suggestion that would only make for more trolling, speed users join the non speed map xD r.i.p.!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Thegoodsir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

lol sorry but this is very relevant, and right below this meme you tell me Darwin would want me to use my mind?!

he is clearly saying to be responsive to change, so get a speed set and be ready for any scenario, simple as that!

Took me very long before i finally could buy myself a speed set, but now i would never go back, it is a must to fully enjoy the game.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Same could be said for you.

Good luck with your suggestion that would only make for more trolling, speed users join the non speed map xD r.i.p.!
    You are the one trolling because you are not getting it... You are not being reasonable..... You are basically saying that random runners should be given no choice but to deal with "chronic speed" users.... "Chronic speed users" = people who wear it just to wear it........ That aspect needs a "de-buff"......

Like I said before, use your lovely speed set by yourself or do it with a formed speed PT...... If you run a PUG and you are just going forward killing everything, what's the point of being in a PT??? You clearly can handle the map by yourself and for that reason, it would be good to question why you are not just soloing???????

Like I said, this is meant for events only because I mostly solo PVE for XP/energy, nothing else really........... It's just that things become very boring and uninteresting when you have a player plowing ahead of you clearing the map..... Just saying......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    lol sorry but this is very relevant, and right below this meme you tell me Darwin would want me to use my mind?!

he is clearly saying to be responsive to change, so get a speed set and be ready for any scenario, simple as that!

Took me very long before i finally could buy myself a speed set, but now i would never go back, it is a must to fully enjoy the game.
    Like I said before, I can afford a speed set.....

I am just not interested in investing in something that I do not plan to fully utilize, only bandwagon people do that.....

My build is for a purpose other than speed and I should not be forced to change that because a couple of individuals like yourself thinks everyone should or has to deal with a couple of clowns who just "want" to GoRealFast.........

If you are so rich, get your speed set for it's specific purposes... If you are "broke", we should not have to deal with your excessive speed in PUG PVE just because the speed set is the "extent" of what you can afford.........
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 11-15-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

yes u gotta deal with that since speed sets is a very common now unlike before and also why would we form a pt or solo run when we are not the one who gets left behind in random maps? u should do the party / solo runs since u want no speed users around me im fine with no speed because most of them has dmg/stats more useful because i can pull and bring the mobs to them

i think by that jarl event u badly missed all the chest and loot because of speed users just my opinion

enjoy the game without speed set is really boring having yourself run like a snail isnt fun at all so why not invest in ms awaken items or just buy nox solds for 3.5 during goblin event.

really u can enjoy maps with speed sets the way it pulls very efficient useful in every event maps for pulling mobs

I'd better invest in speed set with gl% 80-100 u cant tell it's useless since u can farm back in elite south gates even i started with no speed and it was really hard until i invest speed set with 80%gl and farm with other speed users in south gates and now im almost fully geared because of the speed set that let me catch up with other users

if you're asking where to get the money to start off , Selling Events crates/chest/seasonal chest/
    example: Boogie Bags 10k each// leafy 5k each// lesser chest 6k each// locked 10-19k each

just sell those items and don't even attempt to open them if you're broke keep on selling until u get the money u need thats what i did to get the money i know it will took u long way with that there is Elite Olgatar Keeps which has a chance to drop Gold Chest 35k-50k

just my opinion sir

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimmstroke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

im a speed users but i help none speed users in events but some are really bad

like the time im pulling mobs in order for them catch up in time and yet there this guy with no speed set callin me "noob , what are doing nab" even my mate at 71 cap laugh really badly he is lvl 71 with decent gears and yet doesnt know what is " pulling "

but some are just not they just skip and skip also those who are not speed users yelling on us good speed users for pulling

my point is that not all speed users skip and left those non speed users btw non speed users can build a speedy skills

mage : gale speed bonus
    war: the horn w/ speed bonus
    rogue : dash for a certain distance with low cd

pets: Quentin/Fenris/Slink/(the spider pet that gives speed bonus when aa is pop up

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimmstroke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sounds like someone can't afford a speed set and wants things to be changed just for himself.

-1 would rather they focus on new content or improving existing content.
    Last edited by Jtisthebest; 11-15-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmstroke View Post
    im a speed users but i help none speed users in events but some are really bad

like the time im pulling mobs in order for them catch up in time and yet there this guy with no speed set callin me "noob , what are doing nab" even my mate at 71 cap laugh really badly he is lvl 71 with decent gears and yet doesnt know what is " pulling "

but some are just not they just skip and skip also those who are not speed users yelling on us good speed users for pulling

my point is that not all speed users skip and left those non speed users btw non speed users can build a speedy skills

mage : gale speed bonus
    war: the horn w/ speed bonus
    rogue : dash for a certain distance with low cd

pets: Quentin/Fenris/Slink/(the spider pet that gives speed bonus when aa is pop up
    You are not answering the question, so I will ask you again and give you a chance to make yourself "NOT" look foolish......

Here it is..... "Why is speed necessary when YOU are running PUGs"???????

Just answer that and make us understand, after that we promise to no longer oppose your "input".......

Please explain how your speed "benefits" PUGs?.................
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 11-16-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

This is one of the most ridiculous suggestions i've seen in a while. It is not our or devs fault you cannot afford a cheap speed set bub, so they shouldn't just make a "map" for ppl like u lmaoo. Stick to SOLO pt if you cannot run with the fun

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Chronox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chronox View Post
    This is one of the most ridiculous suggestions i've seen in a while. It is not our or devs fault you cannot afford a cheap speed set bub, so they shouldn't just make a "map" for ppl like u lmaoo. Stick to SOLO pt if you cannot run with the fun

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Where did I say I cannot afford a speed set??? Like I said before, if your build is not speed intentional, why would you get one?? I play according to a build other than speed, if I begin investing in speed just to keep up with PUGs, I would seriously question my objective when it comes to playing.....

If a rich person wants to procure a speed set "just cause", that's their prerogative...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Where did I say I cannot afford a speed set??? Like I said before, if your build is not speed intentional, why would you get one?? I play according to a build other than speed, if I begin investing in speed just to keep up with PUGs, I would seriously question my objective when it comes to playing.....

If a rich person wants to procure a speed set "just cause", that's their prerogative...
    All you have to do is swap from speed to normal gear using the hotbar..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Gridlock140 For This Useful Post: