Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Event speed adjustments......

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    143
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    285
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock140 View Post
    All you have to do is swap from speed to normal gear using the hotbar..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Speed investment should be a choice and not something you are forced to doing.... That's equivalent to bullying........ Do not expect yourselves to be excluded from particular actions and expect the opposition to be entitled do so....

    Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    220
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    36
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Speed investment should be a choice and not something you are forced to doing.... That's equivalent to bullying........ Do not expect yourselves to be excluded from particular actions and expect the opposition to be entitled do so....
    No one is forcing you to do anything, you're correct.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  3. #43
    Member MAgicMate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    168
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    SS and Ms gear are useful when you are running maps like ESG (where even a few seconds matters), it also makes dailies or event maps much faster....so ill have to disagree with you on that....i get why are you suggesting that option ("nonspeed"/"speed"" maps)....its not much fun to just run to the boss and watch "the speed players" passing you....i still do remember that time But as much i hate to say that......ill have to agree with Marosok on this one....you can always invest in SS and than upgrade it to MS gear (its not even that expensive at the moment).

    Of course you made a good point by saying that we dont know if its not possible to make this change in programing...but iam afraid it is. I hope this make sense to you (English is not my first language).
    IGN: Magicmate / Magicyordl

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    143
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    285
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAgicMate View Post
    SS and Ms gear are useful when you are running maps like ESG (where even a few seconds matters), it also makes dailies or event maps much faster....so ill have to disagree with you on that....i get why are you suggesting that option ("nonspeed"/"speed"" maps)....its not much fun to just run to the boss and watch "the speed players" passing you....i still do remember that time But as much i hate to say that......ill have to agree with Marosok on this one....you can always invest in SS and than upgrade it to MS gear (its not even that expensive at the moment).

    Of course you made a good point by saying that we dont know if its not possible to make this change in programing...but iam afraid it is. I hope this make sense to you (English is not my first language).
    This discussion is not about whether or not "speed" is "personally" helpful.... Yes, when doing dailies and such, speed is very helpful........ This discussion is about "using speed" when running PUGs..... When I intend to "GoRealFast", I usually solo those maps.....

    My "build" is not constructed around speed and investing in speed lowers your stats, which is why when I intend to do speed stuff I either solo or form a PT..........

    To be clear, "speed" is a "personal" objective and should be handled as such.........

    If a person is "PRO" enough to afford a speed set, they should form PTs or solo...... The problem is people entering PUG maps with excessive speed equipped.....

    Yes, I can buy a speed set or invest in speed awakenings but, that will just "lopside" my build....... Not interested in speed awakenings or a speed set because I am not doing LB stuff, speed is only good for that or soloing dailies to get XP........ I do not enter parties with "weak" speed stats because that contradicts my build......

    Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

  5. #45
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    32
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    407
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

    Default

    This is possible, if someone has a speed set detected in their inventory then it will not allow a join option for the non-speed set map. If it is in their stash then they can join the non-speed map. There are people out there with 100% mvs in their awakes though. In other games they make some maps or events where you have to be eligible to join by wearing a gear set or something.
    If there is no speed set detected then they can not join the speed set map.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:


  7. #46
    Forum Adept Jairus980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    320
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    141
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

    Default

    Joins the non speed set zone
    Wait twenty minutes for a non speedster to join.

    I'd say -1
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

  8. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    143
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    285
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    Joins the non speed set zone
    Wait twenty minutes for a non speedster to join.

    I'd say -1
    That's why you solo.... Yes, some speed set users still do significant damage in the map and do pretty well allowing the party to keep up... It's the people who "don" that stuff and decide to zoom through the map going "this and that" way.......

    My main point is, there is no PVE map where PT speed is necessary unless you do it in a PT... The earlier maps are all capable of being ran solo, regular or elite.... The newer harder maps requires no speed........ It would be nice to get through certain PVE maps faster but, it's annoying and a hard to be interested in running in a PT when someone is just zooming ahead doing their own thing and going "this and that" way....... People speed ahead and open chests, messing up quests and things of that nature...... I get tired of running the Fester map numerous times because I am not getting the "open chests" quests in Fester.... Things like that are annoying...... Seems some speed users are just using a PT to accomplish their personal objectives and then say, TA-TA.......

    I do not have any "hate" towards speed sets but, if I were to get one, I would just use it to solo or attempt a LB run with a formed PT, seems that makes more sense..... Just my opinion...

    When running in a PT, you are basically saying that you "need or want" assistance in a particular map.... Doing so and speeding past the PT leaving them missing out on certain objectives is a bit "stingy".....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 11-19-2019 at 09:18 AM.

    Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

  9. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    143
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    285
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    This is possible, if someone has a speed set detected in their inventory then it will not allow a join option for the non-speed set map. If it is in their stash then they can join the non-speed map. There are people out there with 100% mvs in their awakes though. In other games they make some maps or events where you have to be eligible to join by wearing a gear set or something.
    If there is no speed set detected then they can not join the speed set map.
    For once, someone with brains who sensibly replies....... I need an "encryption" pet.... LOL........ Thanks for no salt, bro.........

    Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

  10. #49
    Member MAgicMate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    168
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    This discussion is not about whether or not "speed" is "personally" helpful.... Yes, when doing dailies and such, speed is very helpful........ This discussion is about "using speed" when running PUGs..... When I intend to "GoRealFast", I usually solo those maps.....

    My "build" is not constructed around speed and investing in speed lowers your stats, which is why when I intend to do speed stuff I either solo or form a PT..........

    To be clear, "speed" is a "personal" objective and should be handled as such.........

    If a person is "PRO" enough to afford a speed set, they should form PTs or solo...... The problem is people entering PUG maps with excessive speed equipped.....

    Yes, I can buy a speed set or invest in speed awakenings but, that will just "lopside" my build....... Not interested in speed awakenings or a speed set because I am not doing LB stuff, speed is only good for that or soloing dailies to get XP........ I do not enter parties with "weak" speed stats because that contradicts my build......
    Iam sorry buddy, as i said English isnt my birth language The first part of my "contribution" was just me reacting to the "uselessness of the SS" part of the thread. In the other part i just mentioned that we dont know if its possible.

    Now, you are saying that "if the person is PRO enough to afford SS", they should run in PTs or solo.....i get what you mean by that, BUT there are not always players available to form such a party and some events are just "hard" to play alone (even with OP stats).
    Last edited by MAgicMate; 11-19-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    IGN: Magicmate / Magicyordl

  11. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,608
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    143
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    285
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAgicMate View Post
    Iam sorry buddy, as i said English isnt my birth language The first part of my "contribution" was just me reacting to the "uselessness of the SS" part of the thread. In the other part i just mentioned that we dont know if its possible.

    Now, you are saying that "if the person is PRO enough to afford SS", they should run in PTs or solo.....i get what you mean by that, BUT there are not always players available to form such a party and some events are just "hard" to play alone (even with OP stats).
    .........

    Name:  a534f6150a0d9b09214e9a79a9d6ecaf6ae7961a7efd9d2c453a82fca5c0d675.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  60.3 KB

    ............................

    Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

  12. #51
    Senior Member Dalmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    610
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    214
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    353
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    I can buy you and myself a speed set..... I don't like to invest in uselessness..... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't want to part with fake money (gold) be the same speed as everyone else because that's useless, then why should sts take staffs paid time, using real money (dollars) to achieve the same thing for you?

    Surely you getting to be the same speed as everyone else is either useful, or it isn't.

    If it is - buy the SS. If not, no need for SS, and no need to change the event.


    Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:


  14. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Advanced Search
    Posts
    141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Don't feed the troll.
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Coming this week to AL: Endgame PvP Adjustments
    By VROOMIGoRealFast in forum AL Announcements
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 08:29 PM
  2. Pocket Legends adjustments.
    By Rehired in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 06:57 PM
  3. Questions regarding pvp adjustments
    By Lawpvp in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 12:01 AM
  4. PvP Balance Adjustments and PvP Tiers
    By Cinco in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •