Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Speed set buff or nerf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Speed set buff or nerf?

Been reading a post from last week about ss being an issue and us "ss player's bullying" events. Not sure if sts worked off that post but after update i gave it a test running with over 310%+ ms vs running with 200% and just the 110%+ with no ss. Made almost 0 difference in how fast i exactly i moved. So with that being said is movement not stacking as it should or this is a new change?. Need a better explanation for it cause im confused as to y im slower now than i was with higher ms cs lower.

Forum Adept MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well most ss users did bully events and everything else, even ss users complained that other ss users were just running to loot and not wait for other players.

And yes they will say "u could just make private partys" but the ones who should make private partys is them not the not ss players

but randoms use to be fun before the whole ss was released.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Default Speed set buff or nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Statsonly View Post
    Been reading a post from last week about ss being an issue and us "ss player's bullying" events. Not sure if sts worked off that post but after update i gave it a test running with over 310%+ ms vs running with 200% and just the 110%+ with no ss. Made almost 0 difference in how fast i exactly i moved. So with that being said is movement not stacking as it should or this is a new change?. Need a better explanation for it cause im confused as to y im slower now than i was with higher ms cs lower.
    The new description is still kind of confusing but it looks like it will double whatever Awakening ms% you have once SS is added or it just adds 100% ms. I can’t say for sure. When I was testing I had dags with 8% ms & it seemed as if it gave me 16% ms while wearing ss.

Rogue
    Last edited by Allset; 11-14-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239 View Post
    Well most ss users did bully events and everything else, even ss users complained that other ss users were just running to loot and not wait for other players.

And yes they will say "u could just make private partys" but the ones who should make private partys is them not the not ss players

but randoms use to be fun before the whole ss was released.
    True i do agree but this change is so sudden and unexplained, need a better reason by sts. Didn't invest to hit 300% ms + and venom set to have somebody with nox she in kt4 walk pass me😣

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Sounds like it will just double the Movement speed awakes u have.

So now to get the 200% ms ,the speed set gave u need your whole gear to.have ms awakes

Thats sad. Because of some players abusing the speed set now every one pays the price.

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I dont think anything has changed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I am so bummed that sts would just change the stats of old items at a whim because some complained that ss users were rude and ignored the non ss players. I think the majority of ss players aren't like this and r considerate to others. To change the stat of all ss is a slap to all and so unfair to many of us. Maybe the awakened gear we preferred wasn't ms so now my venom ss set is worthless even though I paid 14m for it and now have little ms. I think its wrong to change stats on gear after its been out for a long time. You should be improving new gear not changing old gear. You are really upsetting us. Please fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

English is not my first language, but i think is pretty easy to understand that 'Base movement speed' refers to your normal speed (same you have when you start game). Now they changed description and it says 'doubled', which is basically same thing we had before but for ppl wiith serious problems in maths. Still some dont understand

-Your base movement speed is 100%. If you have 0% ms like some ppl say, you are a statue.
    -'200% ms' and 'base ms doubled' are exactly same thing.
    -From what i've tested, the only change i see referred to 'speed passive skills now stack' is that now we can use 5/5 speed passive while using speed sets.
    -You are not slower now. In fact, you are faster if you use passive speed skill points.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    English is not my first language, but i think is pretty easy to understand that 'Base movement speed' refers to your normal speed (same you have when you start game). Now they changed description and it says 'doubled', which is basically same thing we had before but for ppl wiith serious problems in maths. Still some dont understand

-Your base movement speed is 100%. If you have 0% ms like some ppl say, you are a statue.
    -From what i've tested, the only change i see referred to 'speed passive skills now stack' is that now we can use 5/5 speed passive while using speed sets.
    -You are not slower now. In fact, you are faster if you use passive speed skill points.
    This is correct.

How things work: There are 2 types of speed buffs - multipliers and stats. Generally speaking, the smaller speed buffs are stats and the larger ones are multipliers. If you have a speed debuff, the debuff applies and the multiplier does not. If you don't have a debuff, your highest speed multiplier applies. Your speed is (unmodified character speed) * (evaluated multiplier) * (sum of speed stats).

So if you are not debuffed, have a speed set on (2x multiplier), and have 30% move speed from stats, your speed is (unmodified character speed) * 2 * 1.3.

The speed set description changed since people were confused by the old one, but its behavior did not change at all. The only speed related mechanics change is allowing the passive speed skills to stack (passive speed skills converted from multiplier to stats).

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This is correct.

How things work: There are 2 types of speed buffs - multipliers and stats. Generally speaking, the smaller speed buffs are stats and the larger ones are multipliers. If you have a speed debuff, the debuff applies and the multiplier does not. If you don't have a debuff, your highest speed multiplier applies. Your speed is (unmodified character speed) * (evaluated multiplier) * (sum of speed stats).

So if you are not debuffed, have a speed set on (2x multiplier), and have 30% move speed from stats, your speed is (unmodified character speed) * 2 * 1.3.

The speed set description changed since people were confused by the old one, but its behavior did not change at all. The only speed related mechanics change is allowing the passive speed skills to stack (passive speed skills converted from multiplier to stats).
    Thank you soo much for your reply and my friend blue also. Really good explanation now i understand.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

[QUOTE=Bluehazee;3062526]English is not my first language, but i think is pretty easy to understand that 'Base movement speed' refers to your normal speed (same you have when you start game). Now they changed description and it says 'doubled', which is basically same thing we had before but for ppl wiith serious problems in maths. Still some dont understand

-You are not slower now. In fact, you are faster if you use passive speed skill points.[/QUO

Why do I feel slower? And why did sts change the stat description of all ss if nothing changed? And why are there all of a sudden lots of venom sets 4 sale in cs now?

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalwiz View Post
    Why do I feel slower? And why did sts change the stat description of all ss if nothing changed? And why are there all of a sudden lots of venom sets 4 sale in cs now?
    If you feel slower, it's not because of anything we changed.
    The description was changed because it was reported in the bugs and tech forum. Previously it said 'Movement speed increased 200%' or something like that, which was incorrect. Increased 100% would be more correct, but still doesn't quite convey what it actually does. Unfortunately there isn't a consistent way that multiplier type effects are described.
    No idea on auctions - the speed set's effects are exactly the same as before. Only the passive speed skills became more useful.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This is correct.

This is good and much needed info, thanks.
    I just have one more question on this, what are the pet happiness bonus that give % speed, are they stats or multipliers?
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
    I just have one more question on this, what are the pet happiness bonus that give % speed, are they stats or multipliers?
    Only Cottonkill and Oswald (legendary and heroic versions) hapiness bonus applies when you use a haste set. Other pets with movement speed on their hb, like fenris, applies only if you are not using a haste set.
    Awakenings and passive skill both stack, same as plat/video elixir

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
    Currently, speed stats (stacking) are used for:
    * Skills: Passive Speed, Refuel
    * Pets: Cottonkill / Oswald / Loco happy buffs
    * Elixirs: 25% 30 minute speed elixir, Marshfoot elixir
    * Awakenings

Everything else is a multiplier.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Only Cottonkill and Oswald (legendary and heroic versions) hapiness bonus applies when you use a haste set. Other pets with movement speed on their hb, like fenris, applies only if you are not using a haste set.
    Awakenings and passive skill both stack, same as plat/video elixir
    Yes, but I asked that question to understand more about what happens at the time of debuff. For example when we take flags in CTF and if I am using hero deston with 30% speed. Now as Futumsh said its a multiplier that means it will get affected by the debuff as well.

Cool, we should have more threads like this explaining stuff
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

If you feel slower, it's not because of anything we changed.
    The description was changed because it was reported in the bugs and tech forum. Previously it said 'Movement speed increased 200%' or something like that, which was incorrect. Increased 100% would be more correct, but still doesn't quite convey what it actually does. Unfortunately there isn't a consistent way that multiplier type effects are described.
    No idea on auctions - the speed set's effects are exactly the same as before. Only the passive speed skills became more useful.
    Thank you really appreciate your input here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So, if ss guys have speed skill at 5/5, are they even faster than before?
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post
    So, if ss guys have speed skill at 5/5, are they even faster than before?
    Yes, 10% faster (5% from 5/5 speed skill, which gets multiplied 2x from ss buff)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebereasider View Post
    Yes, 10% faster (5% from 5/5 speed skill, which gets multiplied 2x from ss buff)
    Just 5%, it stacks over the speed set buff like awakes or pet HB. The ss buff is only 2x of base ms.