Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Truly "Off-Topic" Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol this thread is fun and I don't care what they say plat people have the edge and access to the bonus content and non plat discussion is swept under the carpet and considered a no no and also the gameplay is very repetitive but the graphics are looking betterhave and haters gonna hate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serprus View Post
    Awww little man have to feel big by making himself sound all bad? hahah tell your sis i said hi

Oh but your from canada eh? It all makes sense now lmfao

Attachment 4242
    Typical childish American response. Going after anything that isn't Red, White and Blue.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    Typical childish American response. Going after anything that isn't Red, White and Blue.
    Ouch lol

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:526009
    I think he's just mad that mommy and daddy won't give him moneyz for platz. QQ. Go back to your WoMbat forums where you can feel like your opinion means something.
    That was pretty harsh, even if you are trying to get a point across...and not all Americans attack foreign things. Just sometimes we don't appreciate being scolded like a child. ^_^

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    That was pretty harsh, even if you are trying to get a point across...and not all Americans attack foreign things. Just sometimes we don't appreciate being scolded like a child. ^_^
    If you don't want to be spoken to like a child then I suppose you shouldn't make childish threads filled with childish rhetoric. Not speaking of you Epic. Just responding to the reply. I am all for civil discussions. But this thread and his last two are anything but civil attempts at discussing anything.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

*removed my post*
    Last edited by Hankomachos; 12-30-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:526066
    Awww little man have to feel big by making himself sound all bad? hahah tell your sis i said hi

Oh but your from canada eh? It all makes sense now lmfao

Attachment 4242
    Whoa man. Just whoa. America is a pretty cool place. So is Canada. Now, do you really wanna get into a flame? Sure the game is going downhill cheapscate-wise, but it is still a fun-ish game, as it was meant to be. Also, WoM is a good game. OaC is too. So, how about we all stop (including me, cuz im more guilty than a lot of people) fighting like children.
    This whole thread was, however, an unnescesary flame, and didnt even add anything to what every other person has already mentioned.
    Plat complaints are becoming too cliche, and are actually kind of annoying.
    However, so is the stem of the complaints, greed.
    (Was responding to both quotes)
    Last edited by Arthanos; 12-30-2011 at 12:34 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthanos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Man, some people don't even mature when they are in college.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

This thread is funny, thus it will be locked

Ib4l
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Double post my bad
    Name:  nickcage.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  42.2 KB

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Go Serprus, Go Serprus, Go Serprus.....

U d'man....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

All I see from you guys is the same exact thing that happens every time an opinion is voiced.
    If it's not praising sts or quite bluntly if it has anything to do with shedding negative light towards them you flock and squack the same exact answers tearing said people down just because you're high and mighty sts is being insulted. Inflated egos make fools of anyone and everyone.

Apollo like many others you're on my bad side because you speak so condescendingly towards so many people. Me thinks a child thinks too big of himself as do so many others on forums in my eyes(I also speak to you adults that insist on acting like children) sit down son you're not suited to be on that high horse of yours.

I digress but if I'm not mistaken shouldn't every corner of sts' forums have constructive responses rather than blatantly posting weak and repetitive nonsense excuses for answers every time, leading to even more unnecessary flaming. Food for thought, do people even think or are even capable of said action before they post instead of mindlessly following like sheep? In case you didn't know or weren't aware of, there is a difference between contributing and being (for the sake of keeping it pg) a total brown noser.
    matte 36 op, vaudeville 36 comm, bonaparte 36 engi
    sparkling pwnies

15. The Following User Says Thank You to matte For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matte View Post
    All I see from you guys is the same exact thing that happens every time an opinion is voiced.
    If it's not praising sts or quite bluntly if it has anything to do with shedding negative light towards them you flock and squack the same exact answers tearing said people down just because you're high and mighty sts is being insulted. Inflated egos make fools of anyone and everyone.

Apollo like many others you're on my bad side because you speak so condescendingly towards so many people. Me thinks a child thinks too big of himself as do so many others on forums in my eyes(I also speak to you adults that insist on acting like children) sit down son you're not suited to be on that high horse of yours.

I digress but if I'm not mistaken shouldn't every corner of sts' forums have constructive responses rather than blatantly posting weak and repetitive nonsense excuses for answers every time, leading to even more unnecessary flaming. Food for thought, do people even think or are even capable of said action before they post instead of mindlessly following like sheep? In case you didn't know or weren't aware of, there is a difference between contributing and being (for the sake of keeping it pg) a total brown noser.
    Could I humbly seek your permission to disagree with you.

You appear to suggest that disagreeing with people who disagree with, or critise STS would make someone a brown noser.... and I'd hate to encourage you to call me a brown nose simply for having a personal opinion.

I think Serprus is entitled to his/her opinion just the same as you and everyone else is, but please don't insult my intelligence by grouping me and others into some sort of 'brown nose' club.

Personally I agree with some of things Serprus has said but the 'way' it is delivered leaves itself blatantly open to critism and response. Various people have tried to share an alternate opinion in a polite and measure way but when someone is intent on hating there is simply no helping some people.... Many of the responses are actually directed at Serprus and not at defending STS so I'm unsure if your 'brown nose' club analogy is a misplaced attempt at trying to rubbish other people's opinions or whether it's a rage itself at people having an opinion different than your own. It would be interesting to hear what it's based upon.

To be honest the forums have become a veritable wealth of badly delivered rages, negativity and name calling. Have many people simply forgotten how to get their point across, and deliver a constructive, well word arguement?

Feedback is a 'real' life skill and is invaluable but often is an underestimated skill. Giving, receiving and using feedback isn't something that can just be thrown around. It takes thought and consideration.

So, if anyone wants to post their thoughts and opinions in a non-thoughtful and unconstructive manner they are freely inviting responses which may well appear to 'brown nose' the very thing you're trying to express against.

Only a thought...

As always please free free to put me in my place if needed.

EDIT: my personal opinion on the state of things recently has been repeatedly voiced on the forums and directly to STS so there is no need to bring all that stuff into this post. Feel free to search it out or ask if you are remotely interested.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 12-30-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

This is what I got from this thread:

Maybe this might help:

Off-topic: happy holidays!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

So true...

Name:  NicolasCage.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  56.8 KB

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

If everyone that finds Serpus thread flaming or just does not like their opinion (or them in general).. Then why post? Just leave it go blank and then you would just have them posting to their selves throughout...

Want me to tell you why? Because we all have our own opinions that we want to get across (what other reason is a forum made for?).. Some may not like them, some may love them, but at the end of the day its just opinions. When you start attacking the directly for not liking their opinion then that poster needs to be aware they are just going to get trolled.

Even in silly threads like these there is always a few valid points but none get taken into consideration. This happens when our opinion has no affect on STS/Dev etc. Instead just locking threads, and getting people to make threads like these until the party member is ban.

One vicious circle where all are responsible. (STS/Dev/Admin/Veteran posters-New comers etc)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    If everyone that finds Serpus thread flaming or just does not like their oppinion.. Then why post? Just leave it go blank and then you would just have them posting to their selves throughout...

Want me to tell you why? Because we all have our own opinions that we want to get across (what other reason is a forum made for?).. Some may not like them, some may love them, but at the end of the day its just opinions. When you start attacking the directly for not liking their opinion then that poster needs to be aware they are just going to get trolled.

Even in silly threads like these there is always a few valid points but none get taken into consideration. This happens when our opinion has no affect on STS/Dev etc. Instead just locking threads, and getting people to make threads like these until the party member is ban.

One vicious circle where all are responsible. (STS/Dev/Admin/Veteran posters-New comers etc)

Bod you could say this to someone who made a real thread discussing the problems and suggesting improvements.

But this guy just wrote "sts sucks, u all suck nerds, i need platz, screw u"

I mean. What kind of a response do u expect besides "cool story bro"

This phone game is free as everyone has said. So it's either play or don't play.

Surely u can express an opnion on something but what this guy wrote is just plain useless, and this has nothing to do with police who point everyone out, those guys are annoying as heck, but in this case you can freely respond to this bs thread in an honest way.

Ok people now u can say

"if u don't like his opinion then don't post"

Too funny.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Bod you could say this to someone who made a real thread discussing the problems and suggesting improvements.

But this guy just wrote "sts sucks, u all suck nerds, i need platz, screw u"

I mean. What kind of a response do u expect besides "cool story bro"

This phone game is free as everyone has said. So it's either play or don't play.

Surely u can express an opnion on something but what this guy wrote is just plain useless, and this has nothing to do with police who point everyone out, those guys are annoying as heck, but in this case you can freely respond to this bs thread in an honest way.

Ok people now u can say

"if u don't like his opinion then don't post"

Too funny.
    I get where you are coming from, if he did in fact actually post it in them words "sts sucks, u all suck nerds, i need platz, screw u".

Though the Op just explains how they believe it is flawed.

We/everyone have posted so many threads to show how this can be possibly be improved but to no avail, as our threads are not even being considered. It feels that STS are pretty much going to do what they are doing and not even consider any idea we have/suggest, unless it is a bug or a quick fix for something that has already been implemented.

If we saw alot more of our feedback taken into consideration then maybe it would have not led up to this point in the first place.. not saying everything anyone suggests should be implemented.. (what a mess that would be) but the main bulk of threads in the suggestion thread no matter how small or big haven't even been looked at.. why have that their if it no longer effects the game content.

Earlier on throughout its release we seen these changes and quite regular.. now... not even worth wasting an idea/making suggestions.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 12-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Exactly, making suggestions is not worth it. That's the whole point.

You don't like the game, don't play.

Btw, what's up with people calling other people fanboys?
    Wtf seriously, fanboy of what? A game? Yeah bro i'm a fan and gonna defend sts with my life.

Total bs.

Everything is simple and just requires commons sense.

Oh well, maybe i don't make sense. But that's what i feel. Anyway...forums are full of crap. I'm gonna go do something else instead of reading countless threads like this.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Exactly, making suggestions is not worth it. That's the whole point.

You don't like the game, don't play.
    It was taken into consideration and added before.. now nothing.

I love/d the game, you know that bro, been here since day 1 up until now, its just a shame it can get like this. I logged on the other day and pretty much everyone I chat with and hang about with was offline, this maybe because of holidays and such, but most likely due to all this. It takes the fun out of the whole game, before anyone mentions it, I have no problem meeting new people through PUGs and such up until Shipyard, wouldn't attempt it in V, as it gets to hectic.

I'm not just going to stop playing because I don't like the path SL is going, as I have put to much money/time into it. Though I will no longer be purchasing any Plat, if this is to continue. (Yes its my opinion/decision, no other has to say anything on the matter)