Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is the future of PL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Sorry I’m a bit confused. Are you saying that you’re making Pocket legends classic? Or are you just saying your not done updating pl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That Means, Cinco didn't give up on PL yet, not yet

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmt View Post
    i would love a Pocket Legends 2 and "mobility" is the future in my opinion
    True, Pocket legends is far from good. There need to be a lot of changes to attractive other players to the game. Right now I don't know what I think about PL right now.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, PL was one of the first and most innovative multiplayer mobile games when it was released but nearing 10 years in the gaming industry makes a huge difference.
    In addition I really think the trend of mmorpgs is close to dead now, especially on mobile platforms. People are attracted by more casual style games.
    The nostalgia from all the time invested in PL really makes it special though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumFun For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I do indeed want to make another MMO - but I'm not done with Pocket Legends (Classic) yet ;-)
    nice

i want to thank my mom and dad

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I feel like the game could easily make a comeback if we find common ground on things we want fixed or removed. I feel like the first steps should be the following

1.Fixing Twink's PvP/Economy:This is easy to do and here is why. Enchants have proven to be a feature that NOBODY appreciates. It has not benefited PvP in any shape outside of causing a large migration/Exit of the games playerbase. Enchants are not balanced or is it a better substitute for original stat PvP. Ontop of not being balanced it also kills off other levels from playing with each other like how 27s use to fight and beat 30s equally or how 45s could go against and win versus 50s. Now that's impossible and is evident since 27 lobbies no longer exist as they use to. A 27 player would rather join 22 games if hosted or straight up leave a 27 lobby if a 30 is here. That says alot now that 22s barely exist thanks to elites and just like that we are in the second portion of this topic.

Elites are controversial not because they exist as a new set of gear but because of how broken they are compared to other gear that existed before them. Had elites been balanced similar to what their L.1/L.10 counterparts are i would bet there would of never been any complaints about their existence. Instead Elites in 25 have literally 400+ more damage than all gears that exist below 25, over 200 more damage than items that exist below 56, and shares pretty much the same damage output as L.66 2 hands and most L.71s 1hand items. ELITE PVP IS NOT MORE BALANCED THAN LEGENDARY PvP, not even close. These weapons are a complete spam fest of damage and the armor doesn't really help anything if it's not a 27 lobby.

Solution to Twink*...yet the solution is as clear as day. It would not be hard to disable enchants in PvP, and if this is done you'd see a large burden lifted off our heads. With enchants disabled then comes elites. There are many solutions but the best i can come up on my own is to either disable elites such in 25 and 50 similar to how honor gear cannot be used in PvE or to complete the L.25 Elites sets and make them a farmable/craftable item so that EVERYONE no matter when or how long they've played will have the ability to obtain, again i can't stress how harsh this game is for newer players and the best bet of them being able to get any significant wealth will come from multiple events being hosted, even which is inferior to the way we obtained our wealth/gear years prior as the budget to get shiv set in 30 was barely 30k. No matter what we do OG PvP will always be better.

Leveling: The argument that leveling is twice more important than endgames or twinks needs can be debated but at the end of the day it's still a extremely important topic. Let's get this straight...these instant exps are not THE solution to this problem...and i can make the statement that it does more harm than good. Yes you are easily leveling therefore progressing through the game I'm not going to deny that...but you'd have to remember the higher you progress the harder the game becomes. The gear you used in forest haven will not do a damn thing for you in sewers and do trust if you're new you won't be able to afford the gear there anyways, which says alot since sewer gears are usually dirt cheap. So now what? You can't play to farm and you don't have gold so now you're left to begging in towns. This isn't your fault it's simply how the game is today. I tried to restart the game as a newbie and not use anything that i owned to cheat my way through. I ended up getting stuck in humania, many people who do this will agree that once you hit L.73-76 you won't be able to progress any farther thanks to difficulty. That's a month long grind mind you.

Solution:...now this is easy and would only take 3 minutes. The first thing I'd do is decrease the games overall exp per level starting in let's say 50. From if you were to get only 20k exp orbs from the map prison you'd still find yourself taking over possibly 10-20 runs to go from 80 to 85. Now imagine going fron 50 to 85. Then having to go from 85 to 100 then from 100 to 105 to 110. That's possibly half a years worth of non stop grinding day and night just to achieve cap as if this is rune scape. Decrease the exp per level by at least 75% from 50 to 110 and we can do the last solution to leveling which would be a level chest. Similar to how Arcane Legends is setup we should have a chest that we get from every 10 levels that holds Legendary gear slightly inferior to those of the plat pack gear. This would make progression easy for the less fortunate and better for the overall health of the game.

Endgame: Endgame is pretty dead if i say so myself, and it mostly revolves around the gear being locked behind a paid wall known as loot chests. This is not gambling...this is a SCAM that we have no choice but to purchase once you consider that the items we won't can't be obtain from just playing the game normally hence PvE. This practice has no purpose here and the rest of the solutions I've seen offered is just as terrible. Placing mythics in store for 600usd? HECK NO i wouldn't even pay 20usd for it let alone a single penny. Why can't we just farm the item like we use to do things years prior of today? Why must it revolve around money? If money was indeed the issue then all you'd have needed to do is make the drop rates high for all mythic pieces so that hardcore farmers would just have to grind for them like normal or purchase elixirs as a booster. Dolloway how many elixirs did you purchase to farm throughout Nuri, Fang, Humania and Blacksmoke? How many paid dungeons do we have that people use to farm daily just to either craft or obtain certain items? This is easy and i see no point in doing it any othet way.

Solution: Make all mythic pieces farmable so that we can farm!!

This is just my opinion but i see no excuses for why PL is as dead as it is. This game is still a better MMO than any other game i see on the market yet it's play base is constantly dropping. Let December 2019 be the month we get these problems fixed.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 12-10-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

i'm crying a river and i don't know why

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Set For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Heading into 2020, I do think that vanities should be added into some of the lower campaigns to not only increase the activity of them, but also to help out those who are struggling to level by themselves.

Also, I do think that in the 105 campaign, the free map (Mad Mage's Myx Maze) aka the crafting map should have a increased chance of looting the 6 vanity weapons. I'm an advocate for this change because out of thousands of runs, I've only dropped 1 in the free maze. However, in the paid version of that map which is 15 plat per run, I've managed to dropped more than 10 times out of at least 2 thousand runs. You have to understand that in order to farm Myx in this map, it takes quite a bit of earning the orbs and killing her. On average, each run takes around 25-30 mins with a solid group. I do think this has to change.

Lastly, just bring back the god damn Lev'lar boss that drops xp or even xp kits. If Lev'lar stays in the game forever, the lower leveled players right now will appreciate you soo much.

EDIT: I just thought about this after posting. Even if you don't want to change the drop rates for vanities, at least add a vanity/enchantment/weap where it gives us 1-5% better vanity drop rate luck or so.
    Last edited by miach; 12-12-2019 at 08:22 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to miach For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think the boat will finally reach its destination!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elvenflower For This Useful Post: