Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please be fair - level limits to enter map required

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please be fair - level limits to enter map required

Hi all,

personally i really enjoy playing this game,
    but recently there are a lot of leechers using level 1 or level 5 characters joining third tier maps.

they have practically 0 contribution because their attacks miss all the time, putting up a show behind those characters who are really putting in hard work to clear the dungeon.

Personal experience:
    4 level 20++ chars clearing 3rd tier dungeon,
    1 level 12 char leeching behind,

level 20 char sometimes dies and working hard
    level 12 char doesn't die and eventually gets epic...

what is this????

2 ways to solve this,

1) set level limits for char to enter various maps
    do not allow low level char to even ENTER the map.

2) give power to host of the room to KICK those leechers
    pls be fair, higher level char NEED the slots due to the lack of high level maps
    being created (based on 2nd server)

As more and more leechers will be around leeching high level chars,
    I feel that this needs immediate attention.

Thank you.

Just my 2 cents worth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has been suggested already and your not the only one getting a headache over this. I believe they said in another thread they are working in this soon.
    Level 35 archer - kronicdecay
    level 31 enchantress - beaneater

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Yes, we are taking a hard look at this and trying to figure out the best way to address it. Thanks for your feedback and patience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe the one starting the game can enter a minimum join level on the New Game page?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could make the levelling process - But in reverse, So that you don't get XP unless you are 3 levels lower than the enemies level. That would generally keep the right level people in the map packs they should be in and stop level 1's joining maps with level 20 enemies. (They would have to be 17 or higher to even get xp from it)
    ~ Rihanna ~ 28 Enchantress ~ Alterra ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    You could make the levelling process - But in reverse, So that you don't get XP unless you are 3 levels lower than the enemies level. That would generally keep the right level people in the map packs they should be in and stop level 1's joining maps with level 20 enemies. (They would have to be 17 or higher to even get xp from it)
    You'd still have the problem of these low levels jacking loot still tho. And that'll increase ten fold when trading is available
    Level 35 archer - kronicdecay
    level 31 enchantress - beaneater

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We are implementing the ability for the host to kick unwanted players out. It will go out with the next client patch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We are implementing the ability for the host to kick unwanted players out. It will go out with the next client patch.
    Fantastic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Once a good looting system and kicking system comes out then I think that when players create a game they should have an option to chose from different kinds of looting systems and different kinds of kicking systems, this way you guys wont have to try to figure out the best way to adress these systems, you can just make multipule option for players when they create games.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Instead of prohibiting low-levels from entering an area (and, although I think private instances should allow booting, I'm against it in general), I personally find harsh lessons to be the most satisfying solution.

If levels could be cleared by goals other than simply killing all enemies on the map, then you could have respawning...and leechers would get some nasty surprises. Also, making death more of a consequence could help. As it is, I'd almost rather let myself be killed than waste too many potions and such when I'm caught in a tight spot.

Right now, leechers have nearly zip chance of dying as long as they let the party go ahead as a shield. I say have some monsters pop up and smack them around a bit. They'll learn pretty quick to choose their levels well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I hope this is with a vote from the other people in the group because otherwise I could see potential for abuse.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fair enuff if we need a vote, anyway i think most higher level chars wont wan a lower level to be leeching all their xp and weapons as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Host kick will work, don't like it? Start your own map
    ez solution
    I just quit another great group cause of a level 8 douchebag leech

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Vote would be spam and still have the same problem if some people don't mind the leech and others HATE leeches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    I hope this is with a vote from the other people in the group because otherwise I could see potential for abuse.
    There is the potential for abuse, but the person who created the game definitely should have the power to decide who's in and who's not. It works like this in other games, it should work here.
    Deathshock: Level 30 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Glad ther adding this in :] ..I always seem to get stuck wif low level leechers even high level ones that jus follow the crowd to lazy to kill lol pretty lame..
    x-x----- XLaska lvl 35 r -----x-x
    ---xRaWr is how i say I love you in dinosaur--x---

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Laska For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A kick function without a vote would just lead to the host (if level 30) kicking everyone lower than 28 from the party etc.
    Might have some problems.

Also have the Devs though that later in the game, with so many expansions, will there be parties in the mid range dungeons?
    It is already at this point a bit hard to at least manually find dungeons in the expansion you want to play in. (t2 and t3 e.g.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    A kick function without a vote would just lead to the host (if level 30) kicking everyone lower than 28 from the party etc.
    Might have some problems.

Also have the Devs though that later in the game, with so many expansions, will there be parties in the mid range dungeons?
    It is already at this point a bit hard to at least manually find dungeons in the expansion you want to play in. (t2 and t3 e.g.)
    I agree. there should be a vote function paired with the upcoming kick function for it to be more fair for the "unwanted" player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not that i am against it but, having the ability to kick someone from the party has its pros and cons(talking from experience from other MMORPGs). The good thing is that you can kick someone that is leeching, that is disrespectful and the likes. The bad thing is, some people(let's just face it) tend to pick who should he form a party with or who could join his party. People's race (literally, i.e. Asian, American, etc) is definitely one category some people are looking at.

I suggest instead of having the ability to kick,

a) implement a level gap system, example a 5-level gap system (ex. 3 level 20+ players and a level 12 player, the level 12 player won't get any XP). this way, the level 12 player won't be wasting his time leeching because he's getting nothing

b) add the ability to form a party in the town before going out on a quest. people with online friends will get the chance to assemble in town, form a party and are assured that the leveling experience would be smooth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You got mad skills I guess
    I can't tell anything but a persons name and whether they are an elf bird or bear, that's it
    there are people I don't want to play with, namely cause they suck at a simple game or afk a ton or don't keep up
    if you don't like that I can kick you, start your own game.

I'd love to see party building outside of an instance, where you can load your team into a set and even better, keep the team together and load the team for another set

also would love to see Invite on friends list that would be huge
    with invite you could just password up and invite only players you know to be good