Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please be fair - level limits to enter map required

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    You got mad skills I guess
    I can't tell anything but a persons name and whether they are an elf bird or bear, that's it
    there are people I don't want to play with, namely cause they suck at a simple game or afk a ton or don't keep up
    if you don't like that I can kick you, start your own game.

I'd love to see party building outside of an instance, where you can load your team into a set and even better, keep the team together and load the team for another set

also would love to see Invite on friends list that would be huge
    with invite you could just password up and invite only players you know to be good

Sometimes their nick gives it away. you know, like if they named their char -=+([>xXxAznBoi92xX<])x+=-
    or some dumb nick like that

Frankly I dont like kicking. I've seen it abused alot in games like gunbound and Grandchase. people only want strong people in their team. I liked how gunbound did it tho, user can only kick a certain amount of times, then room ownership goes to someone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again, these are my views...

I can feel that the DEV have a concern for the level limitation because those high level maps are paid maps and that is the source of their income. That's totally reasonable.

My suggestion is that the level limit does not have to be that high. It can be level 13 limit for all maps. A smart player can play as a healer/buffer/debuffer with only level 13 and two maxed out skills. I don't mind a level 13 on the Lost Expedition if they actually do play and shoot. Imagine a lvl 13 archer with Crit buff can deal decent damage as well. They already fixed the idling leeching issue so I think this is not TOO serious a problem.

Kicking may not be a good issue cos there will be alot of votings... may be...
    Felora - Level 30 Enchantress
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The leeches just move up every couple fights...

If you want to powerlevel lowbies even level 1 feel free, me I'll be hosting my own games and booting anyone that isn't playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felora View Post
    Again, these are my views...

I can feel that the DEV have a concern for the level limitation because those high level maps are paid maps and that is the source of their income. That's totally reasonable.

My suggestion is that the level limit does not have to be that high. It can be level 13 limit for all maps. A smart player can play as a healer/buffer/debuffer with only level 13 and two maxed out skills. I don't mind a level 13 on the Lost Expedition if they actually do play and shoot. Imagine a lvl 13 archer with Crit buff can deal decent damage as well. They already fixed the idling leeching issue so I think this is not TOO serious a problem.

Kicking may not be a good issue cos there will be alot of votings... may be...
    Yeah, I don't think a map pack should automatically have a minimum level to be able to play it. If you play for free to level 13 and then buy all map packs you should be able to play all of them if you so wish.

But like I just feel like I wrote, but in another thread I guess.. I think there should be the option for the one creating a new game to set a minimum entry level on the New Game page. That way you could ensure that no one below a certain level can join in your game.. And that way it wouldn't be automatically excluding people. No one who has bought contents should be barred, it'd just be bad for business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    Yeah, I don't think a map pack should automatically have a minimum level to be able to play it. If you play for free to level 13 and then buy all map packs you should be able to play all of them if you so wish.

But like I just feel like I wrote, but in another thread I guess.. I think there should be the option for the one creating a new game to set a minimum entry level on the New Game page. That way you could ensure that no one below a certain level can join in your game.. And that way it wouldn't be automatically excluding people. No one who has bought contents should be barred, it'd just be bad for business.
    That's an option as well. There may be an issue that those lvl 13 who decide to buy new map packs cannot find enough games with players at their respective level to play together. There were once time that I played with level 20 or something when I was level 12 in dark forest or fort. I think as the game grows, the paid user volume grows then they can put that limitation in. So far after the idling leech has been addressed, I haven't come across with too many level 10 or lower in high level maps.
    Felora - Level 30 Enchantress
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    The leeches just move up every couple fights...

If you want to powerlevel lowbies even level 1 feel free, me I'll be hosting my own games and booting anyone that isn't playing
    I totally agree, I'll boot anyone too much underleveled from the game vos they can't be dealing "decent damage"... or if they can, something is wrong,,
    logically speaking, how can a level 13 char do decent damage in a level 24 map zzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felora View Post
    That's an option as well. There may be an issue that those lvl 13 who decide to buy new map packs cannot find enough games with players at their respective level to play together. There were once time that I played with level 20 or something when I was level 12 in dark forest or fort. I think as the game grows, the paid user volume grows then they can put that limitation in. So far after the idling leech has been addressed, I haven't come across with too many level 10 or lower in high level maps.
    those leechers will just come in and say "hello everyone", "i love you" that kinda chessy stuff and hope that no one notices that they are way underleveled.
    for ppl who like to "help" those leeches, by all means. I'll leave map and recre8 anyway. and normally my friends follow me and the leech is left alone.
    if they're so good, they can try solo it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah... Haha I see myself kicking a level 5 out of my map... >

Make it like a team vote.