Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: This thread is necessary

  1. #21
    Senior Member Lethoiun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing AL since winter 2014
    Posts
    1,133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    128
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think right now nobody wants 76 Arcane items. If they did those areas would be full... but we're still making our way from 71 and more folks have the 71 gears, etc.
    that's true, I myself still have 71 gears
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

  2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,540
    Thanked in
    1,527 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The tokens in the new map, the ones we get for completing portals, vales. We get up to 100+ in the red portal per run usually if it is a high wave. 30 per run in the blue portal. If the vendor Goody Wells had gold for sale, 10k gold per 100 vales (tokens.)

    To keep players in elite underhul/glintstone; let those cryo and glint coins be traded for gold to the vendors to since there are millions of those tokens in game.

    Maybe 10 story tokens for 25k gold for the guy in windmoore, red eggs may be nerfed a bit for story tokens if this is added.

    In the portals, bosses can also drop (with 0 gl) 6k gold in blue portals and 1k per boss in red portals since red is never ending. Gold loot can also work on these portals.

    In the lair with the spider boss, let enemies have a chance to drop 100 gold per kill and the boss drop up to 7k when it is dead. GL also works here to.
    Okay. I do understand - and I think this would make inflation quite a bit worse (until other issues are solved). I'll honor the request to massively nerf ESG and buff Vardan then we will see about involving other currencies in the gold economy.
    Last edited by Cinco; 12-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    664
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    141
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    234
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Okay. I do understand - and I think this would make inflation quite a bit worse (until other issues are solved). I'll honor the request to massively nerf ESG and buff Vardan then we will see about involving other currencies in the gold economy.
    Have you guys ever thought of going back into 5 map expansion mode, setting new loot, achievements and loot table there? Might sound nostalgic but can you remember how success the Kraken and Nordr expansions were back in the day? I believe new players apart from old ones would enjoy that.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:


  6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,540
    Thanked in
    1,527 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Have you guys ever thought of going back into 5 map expansion mode, setting new loot, achievements and loot table there? Might sound nostalgic but can you remember how success the Kraken and Nordr expansions were back in the day? I believe new players apart from old ones would enjoy that.
    Yes we have. It is not a good idea with respect to development effort as players tend to min/max their way to one (1) map. Players also do not seem to enjoy it very much as the data indicates that out of five (5) maps they play four (4) of them once and one (1) of them a billion times :-)
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  8. #25
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    1,413
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    32
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    422
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

    Default

    The overall goal we wish to accomplish is make every map in the game enjoyable to everyone. This is one really hard goal to accomplish but its something to seek.
    Also a new game mode would be nice in maps. Super elite mode or Ultra mode. A mode where all maps are scaled to the level cap and are hard to complete. (They give pve kills and elite kills for aps) also some extra loot. Don't know which loot specifically maybe a big increase in elite war chests pirate and puzzle chest drop chances.
    I should just make a huge suggestion thread haha.

  9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,540
    Thanked in
    1,527 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The overall goal we wish to accomplish is make every map in the game enjoyable to everyone. This is one really hard goal to accomplish but its something to seek.
    Also a new game mode would be nice in maps. Super elite mode or Ultra mode. A mode where all maps are scaled to the level cap and are hard to complete. (They give pve kills and elite kills for aps) also some extra loot. Don't know which loot specifically maybe a big increase in elite war chests pirate and puzzle chest drop chances.
    I should just make a huge suggestion thread haha.
    Don't get me wrong - it's not reasonable to make every single map enjoyable for every single player. When creating an expansion you need to allocate various portions of the effort to known player behavior / types. Quite a lot of the game is intentionally transitional material that serves to set-up the story, add to the atmosphere, etc., etc. 'Elite' maps are a great example of something that only ever appeals to a small portion of the community. That said: I think we need these for Vardan and we'll probably see them soon.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  11. #27
    Senior Member Fearrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    550
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    164
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

    Default

    That's great to hear Elite Maps are coming soon for Varden .

    IGN: Cytotoxin(76)+Necrotoxin(63)
    Class: Warrior

  12. #28
    Forum Adept Scll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Habibty Linda
    Posts
    355
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    202
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    106
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

    Default

    Great suggestions and glad cinco taking this into consideration

  13. #29
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    745
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    369
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    319
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think right now nobody wants 76 Arcane items. If they did those areas would be full... but we're still making our way from 71 and more folks have the 71 gears, etc.
    I have wep and artif 76 already but the reason i don't farm alot in new map is that i can't find any incentive,
    so far the only time i had good motivation to farm a lot there was for the new skulldozer trophy,
    good incentive for me would be to be able to buy gold chest with the token (just like in somberholt),
    and also i don't use gold loot, i prefer good stats to run map faster and gather token faster,
    for me the best thing would be an elite version of mogera lair with many mini boss that give lot of token

    and also don't say nobody want 76 arcane items! i'm waiting really impatiently for new arcane aegis 76!!

  14. #30
    Member Deuteronomy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    187
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Okay. I do understand - and I think this would make inflation quite a bit worse (until other issues are solved). I'll honor the request to massively nerf ESG and buff Vardan then we will see about involving other currencies in the gold economy.

    Aww man, I feel so

    Time to curl up in my bed and cry.

  15. #31
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    362
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    77
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Don't get me wrong - it's not reasonable to make every single map enjoyable for every single player. When creating an expansion you need to allocate various portions of the effort to known player behavior / types. Quite a lot of the game is intentionally transitional material that serves to set-up the story, add to the atmosphere, etc., etc. 'Elite' maps are a great example of something that only ever appeals to a small portion of the community. That said: I think we need these for Vardan and we'll probably see them soon.
    The idea to make an elite map/s for Vardan is great. I look forward to it.

    Odoslané z Mi 9T Pro pomocou Tapatalku

  16. #32
    Senior Member Lethoiun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Playing AL since winter 2014
    Posts
    1,133
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    128
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

    Default

    So will gl be less in valley than what esg gives
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

  17. #33
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    318
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yes we have. It is not a good idea with respect to development effort as players tend to min/max their way to one (1) map. Players also do not seem to enjoy it very much as the data indicates that out of five (5) maps they play four (4) of them once and one (1) of them a billion times :-)
    A good way to make ppl want to run several maps of the same expansion would be to add exclusive lootable pieces of gear to each map just like in kraken or tindirin.
    I remember farming with guildmate like crazy to loot magmatic gear on elite tindirin and we literally ran each map since the gears were different on each map.

    Also adding new lootable elite chests with exclusive gear(either be epic-arcane with decent procs)so ppl who can't afford to expend 15m+ on an item have a chance to get it or a brand new pet (remember how much ppl wanted wurmtongue?).

    Idk if I explained correctly what I wanted to say haha it's kinda late here.

    Boingon.

  18. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    To your right
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    558
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Don't get me wrong - it's not reasonable to make every single map enjoyable for every single player. When creating an expansion you need to allocate various portions of the effort to known player behavior / types. Quite a lot of the game is intentionally transitional material that serves to set-up the story, add to the atmosphere, etc., etc. 'Elite' maps are a great example of something that only ever appeals to a small portion of the community. That said: I think we need these for Vardan and we'll probably see them soon.
    Any chance you guys can make a new brawler arena in the valley? And a New 6/6 gear set?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #35
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    YouTube
    Posts
    270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    116
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

    Default

    Put ecto-vial with decent drop rate in varden valley and watch how busy it gets.


    Chivalrous Union

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Advanced Search
    Posts
    141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The tokens in the new map, the ones we get for completing portals, vales. We get up to 100+ in the red portal per run usually if it is a high wave. 30 per run in the blue portal. If the vendor Goody Wells had gold for sale, 10k gold per 100 vales (tokens.)

    To keep players in elite underhul/glintstone; let those cryo and glint coins be traded for gold to the vendors to since there are millions of those tokens in game.

    Maybe 10 story tokens for 25k gold for the guy in windmoore, red eggs may be nerfed a bit for story tokens if this is added.

    In the portals, bosses can also drop (with 0 gl) 6k gold in blue portals and 1k per boss in red portals since red is never ending. Gold loot can also work on these portals.

    In the lair with the spider boss, let enemies have a chance to drop 100 gold per kill and the boss drop up to 7k when it is dead. GL also works here to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Okay. I do understand - and I think this would make inflation quite a bit worse (until other issues are solved). I'll honor the request to massively nerf ESG and buff Vardan then we will see about involving other currencies in the gold economy.
    Tokens for gold is a good idea and it is already there for Mausoleum balance tokens. You get a 10k gold chest for 25 tokens.
    The benefit of this idea is:
    1) It will help new players who don't have gold loot items.
    2) Gold loot multipliers don't apply to this so the payout will be equal to the effort.
    3) Will help reduce the gap between rich and poor. (Because most rich players are lazy )
    4) All of the above will help reduce the inflation.

    Dont worry gold loot gear will still be useful, you can use them in Mausoleum and the Pirate Booty events.
    I think the major issue with ESG was that it was too easy to make gold there which increased the inflation, Maus on the other hand takes time and team work, so it should be the only place for gold loot multipliers.
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

  22. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Advanced Search
    Posts
    141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think right now nobody wants 76 Arcane items. If they did those areas would be full... but we're still making our way from 71 and more folks have the 71 gears, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I have wep and artif 76 already but the reason i don't farm alot in new map is that i can't find any incentive,
    so far the only time i had good motivation to farm a lot there was for the new skulldozer trophy,
    good incentive for me would be to be able to buy gold chest with the token (just like in somberholt),
    and also i don't use gold loot, i prefer good stats to run map faster and gather token faster,
    for me the best thing would be an elite version of mogera lair with many mini boss that give lot of token

    and also don't say nobody want 76 arcane items! i'm waiting really impatiently for new arcane aegis 76!!
    Same.
    I am also waiting for arcane armor, bored of 71 gear want to upgrade everything ASAP
    I love Mogera lair, but the problem is its almost always empty so I sometimes run it solo and get bored after few remaps because its not much rewarding. And the other factor is that I miss the portals most of the time especially the pink one - I think they should be up for 24Hrs.

    But I understand what Cinco is saying, Ebon gear at 71 is good and can be used to play Vardan Valley maps. So people are not leveling to 76 because then the gear feel nerfed. People are not buying 76 arcanes because they are waiting for the events that will drop these gears.

    I think if devs announce that Arcane items will only drop from locks as they used to prior to Ebon then people will start opening locks and buy the gear like they did for last 6 years .
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

  23. #38
    Member Overgrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Forest of Shades
    Posts
    190
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    124
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yes we have. It is not a good idea with respect to development effort as players tend to min/max their way to one (1) map. Players also do not seem to enjoy it very much as the data indicates that out of five (5) maps they play four (4) of them once and one (1) of them a billion times :-)
    It depends on how you design the maps, but now you devs just leave the players with no choice than the only map you devs given us.

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

  24. #39
    Member Overgrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Forest of Shades
    Posts
    190
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    124
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    A good way to make ppl want to run several maps of the same expansion would be to add exclusive lootable pieces of gear to each map just like in kraken or tindirin.
    I remember farming with guildmate like crazy to loot magmatic gear on elite tindirin and we literally ran each map since the gears were different on each map.

    Also adding new lootable elite chests with exclusive gear(either be epic-arcane with decent procs)so ppl who can't afford to expend 15m+ on an item have a chance to get it or a brand new pet (remember how much ppl wanted wurmtongue?).

    Idk if I explained correctly what I wanted to say haha it's kinda late here.

    Boingon.
    +1000000000

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

  25. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    A massive nerfed for ESG is not good. Real talk. Lol. Like festerfang's hydra when it is new release. Very appreciated map. Then they nerf it. Then the devs want players to farm to new maps (

    Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to RoiRoi For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What really grinds my gears thread--venting thread
    By Coltona in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
  2. Fan Art Thread.
    By Aculeas in forum PL Fan Art
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 11:59 PM
  3. The New Player Thread Welcoming Thread!
    By Swimmingstar in forum PL New Players
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 06:03 PM
  4. Default Thread Subscription & Thread RSS
    By v5point0 in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •