Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heal mage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Default heal mage!

this may be rude, i'll try to say it as nicely as possible. how do people get to level 40 on their engi and not know how to heal? now my main is an engi, and i am by no means full support. i like to rush and be in the front, especially when there is no com in the group, but even so i keep my party healed even if i'm the only engi. if someone dies, i rez them. what's the excuse for standing over my dead com's body after i used 20 stims because i wasn't healed? i get there is a cool down, but i never saw a rez used for stat buff and even if it was on cool down, i was dead for almost a minute on my lix with no rez...... y do i have to beg for a rez? i asked twice. if you can't do the bare minimum as an engi by healing and rezing your fallen allies, please just don't play the class. it gives a false sense of security by making your group think they have a healer when they don't.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

TRUE DAT. I hate how sometimes it is hard to res because your teammates may be hidden under the mob though...

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I'm a level 66 mage, and I try to spam heal a soon as I can, but when there is another mage that doesn't know the difference between revive and heal it kinda well to be nice puts THEM to shame. I know where you're coming from, and I blame power leveling noobs that know nothing of their class. BTW same can be said about warriors that don't keep aggro and birds that well don't know how to be archers lol...

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    TRUE DAT. I hate how sometimes it is hard to res because your teammates may be hidden under the mob though...
    i've had this problem too, but i feel like the guy had to see me since he was standing on me. and i always apologize if i can't find someone. idk, maybe expecting people to act courteous like i do is just too much to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    I'm a level 66 mage, and I try to spam heal a soon as I can, but when there is another mage that doesn't know the difference between revive and heal it kinda well to be nice puts THEM to shame. I know where you're coming from, and I blame power leveling noobs that know nothing of their class. BTW same can be said about warriors that don't keep aggro and birds that well don't know how to be archers lol...
    I hear ya. my bear was my main in PL, and i didn't see the problem with holding aggro, and i saw many who couldn't. i don't like the com on SL but i want to cap him. maybe bc i loved the elf and engi i think this, but i feel a lot more falls on the healing class than any other. noobs should stay away from them if they can't heal.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-01-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Eh some people are just like that. I once died and the engi said he wasn't going to rez me. I was like what?!-_-.

People are just plain rude. Just boot them from your game. Like I reached 101 deaths bc some com kept stepping on each mine on purpose, after I said don't step on mines it's hard for me to move iPod is broken. There are people out there that just get a kick out of people dying, I wonder what they do for a living-_-.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

From a neutral perspective, some comms and ops simply join a game with zero health stims and zero mana stims just to depend on the engineers to get more of the stims. Some even have the cheek to say in game that they are going to sell the stims later once it reaches 25. I could observe that whenever they are revived, they never use any stims and just wait for the engineer to heal. They ended up dying again. Personally as a comm, i bring alot of stims because its very rare for me to get good engineers in the party.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I ran a map earlier today. 4 engineers including me and one Op. I was only engineer healing. And when I died, with the other 3 engineers standing right beside me. I had to ask for them to come back after they exited the room. Just for a rez. The Op had to show them where I was. This was in V4 with 2 level 40 engineers.

I take a page from the NFL commentators.

COME ON MAAAAAN!!!
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Lol it happens , I get pretty annoyed too. I prefer to stat away from pubs because of coms who don't tank and engi who don't heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    Lol it happens , I get pretty annoyed too. I prefer to stat away from pubs because of coms who don't tank and engi who don't heal.

Pubs huh? Didn't know there was pubs in space or B*.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Pubs huh? Didn't know there was pubs in space or B*.
    Lol oh yea all the badies go to pubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

And drink Cycola?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:528405

And drink Cycola?
    Or blurb (whatever that is) its on the log in screen

The reason I go on pug runs is so I meet the good people and if I dont get revd by at least one of the 3 engi on the run I will just leave and join another game. I have met some pretty awesome people doing pug runs most of them are on the friend list. I am a pug runner and proud,

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Garvhoz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    this may be rude, i'll try to say it as nicely as possible. how do people get to level 40 on their engi and not know how to heal? now my main is an engi, and i am by no means full support. i like to rush and be in the front, especially when there is no com in the group, but even so i keep my party healed even if i'm the only engi. if someone dies, i rez them. what's the excuse for standing over my dead com's body after i used 20 stims because i wasn't healed? i get there is a cool down, but i never saw a rez used for stat buff and even if it was on cool down, i was dead for almost a minute on my lix with no rez...... y do i have to beg for a rez? i asked twice. if you can't do the bare minimum as an engi by healing and rezing your fallen allies, please just don't play the class. it gives a false sense of security by making your group think they have a healer when they don't.
    For the same reason that many mages in PL at level 65 or even 66 don't know how to heal. They got to the end game, but they never took the time to learn their skills properly. Although I don't play SL these days, I have heard of engies at level 40 without any points in transference for example.

Furthermore, they never took the time to learn how to coordinate in a team properly. That has some serious consequences in groups, especially PUGs. Get used to engies not healing, commandoes not tanking properly, and operatives who pretty much don't seem to know what skills to use. Others as was pointed out above don't use stims.

The best way to avoid is to keep a friends list and do runs mainly with them. It's a pity KOC fell apart ... the guild was large enough to support a group of good end game players at all times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

trying to cap a third toon is tedious enough, consumes money (i know i dont HAVE to use plat), and with so many people being busy with real life over the holidays, pugs are often the only solution. spamming stims doesn't keep me alive when i have all the aggro and no heals, end crappy engis are quickly become the last straw that broke the camel's back.....

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    The best way to avoid is to keep a friends list and do runs mainly with them. It's a pity KOC fell apart ... the guild was large enough to support a group of good end game players at all times.
    My friend list on my com contains about 1/10 of the people on my main and other alt due to the fact that i only cap him and nothing else bc i don't like the class. While it's a shame KoC fell apart, 98% of the people i was close with there are in my new guild, which i formed with the 2 people i'm closest with. holidays being what they are, it's bit hard to get guild runs up all the time and even my other guildies are bored with the tedium of capping.

Thank you all for the encouraging words. Well, idk if they were encouraging really, but seeing u all dealing with this nonsense also humbled me a bit
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-01-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I really do hope that the Holidays are to blame for the drop in guild members and friends that are on line.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Keep in mind that many of the people who play PL and SL are young. Many are young and playing their first RPG ever. They cannot and should not be expected to master their roles as some of you have. I have two young cousins (8, 9) who have fun playing but don't fire off their heals or taunts as quickly as they should (or sometimes ever). We should seek to give helpful suggestions to these types of players rather than avoid them.
    Last edited by Montanabro; 01-01-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro:528460
    Keep in mind that many of the people who play PL and SL are young. Many are young and playing their first RPG ever. They cannot and should not be expected to master their roles as some of you have. I have two young cousins (8, 9) who have fun playing but don't fire off their heals or taunts as quickly as they should (or sometimes ever). We should seek to give helpful suggestions to these types of players rather than avoid them.
    Good point, sorta.

8-9 yr olds aren't allowed to play this game, minimum age is 13. With that in mind, how many 13 yr old gamers do you know that can't figure out how to master any videogame? It's just selfishness, lack of teamwork/skill, and kids who are too young to be playing anyway. When I was 13 I probably would be way better at SL than I am now. At age 25, my hands cramp when I play pvp, my eyes can't focus after extended periods of gaming, and I have RL obligations that limit my play time. Age is really no excuse if the people are the correct age to be even playing.

My main is an Op, and when I get on my powerleveled engi, it really shows, and I'm GOOD at videogames. You can tell it's not my main. I think this is the biggest problem here, people just don't know their class, be it powerleveling, or they picked an Engi but just want to pew pew their way to the boss. They just want "the character with the gloves". Anyone that chose an Engi BECAUSE they heal and rev, more than likely enjoys that aspect of the class and is GOOD at it.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I bet that the only engis that don't know how to heal are alts and there mains are ops or comms that wait for heals
    And more used to using stims,
    One credit is what makes a million credits.
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Good point, sorta.

8-9 yr olds aren't allowed to play this game, minimum age is 13. With that in mind, how many 13 yr old gamers do you know that can't figure out how to master any videogame? It's just selfishness, lack of teamwork/skill, and kids who are too young to be playing anyway. When I was 13 I probably would be way better at SL than I am now. At age 25, my hands cramp when I play pvp, my eyes can't focus after extended periods of gaming, and I have RL obligations that limit my play time. Age is really no excuse if the people are the correct age to be even playing.

My main is an Op, and when I get on my powerleveled engi, it really shows, and I'm GOOD at videogames. You can tell it's not my main. I think this is the biggest problem here, people just don't know their class, be it powerleveling, or they picked an Engi but just want to pew pew their way to the boss. They just want "the character with the gloves". Anyone that chose an Engi BECAUSE they heal and rev, more than likely enjoys that aspect of the class and is GOOD at it.
    Yes, federal law requires players to be 13. But do you really believe there are no SL players under 13? I'm not condoning "underage gaming," but it clearly happens and partly explains why some folks in PUGs aren't up to your standards. You misunderstand me: I'm not saying age is an "excuse," I'm saying it is a reason. And it's a reason quite different from "selfishness."

Even 13-year-olds have learning to do, particularly if SL is their first RPG. When I look back at my first days playing Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, and other RPGs...haha, man, my poor teammates! I didn't know forums existed, that there were in-depth guides that calculated minute differences in stats, or any other number of important things (how to pull a mob, how to combo skills). I wasn't selfish or lazy, I just didn't know, and I suspect many of our peers in SL are the same way whether they're 9 or 14.

Next time someone performs poorly in a zone, offer a friendly suggestion and see their response before writing them off as a bum.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lelouch I remember that run. He was the worst engi ever. I bet he got to 41 just standing around doing nothing. I wanted you to boot him bad...