Thread: Nerfing hydra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Nerfing hydra

I would like to share my thought on this subject.

When hydra map first came with it’s great gold loot it was the one most awesome thing that had happened in a very long time for AL it made me want to level up ASAP cuz the capped players seemed so happy and the rumours of a lot of gold earning opportunities came to average players like me.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that you nerfed it cuz of gold inflation but in this particular case I believe u listened to too much of the old players who are on forums who r influencing you a lot. New players struggle with gold making you know!! To put it simply. The only saving grace for them is the eggzavior every year. So when a godly map like hydra comes along most of em were very excited and frantically levelled up and upgraded our gear.
    It was one of the first time in 6 years that I have been to excited to learn of strategies to defeat hydra. How to stay in one corner when it attacks then coming back to attack along with fenris.

It was all very exciting. I am an old player as well but I have a lot of new player friends and I encourage them to keep on playing this game so when a map like this comes up I was one of the so called advertiser and encourager by helping ppl lvl up and giving them upgrading tips.

So imo listening to these old players who want to have all the money to themselves after capping up and doing hydra a million times. I think it was very unfair to nerf hydra and buff it up. I think you should not get swayed by the talk in the forums too much as the mojority of players r not on the forums. To tell you the truth only most of the rich ppl bored with life r here who r the type to do maus a million times then complain around about new maps and how other classes r better. Please reconsider making either hydra great again and not getting swayed by the opinions of the minority here.
    Last edited by Sometacoz; 12-07-2019 at 11:14 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sometacoz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

lol hydra/infested gold loot was nerfed because crying blueskinned babies (after three mage's expansions) got jealous because they dont know how to play their class; not because of inflation or something..
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 12-07-2019 at 12:21 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

People are so dependent on gold loot.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant View Post
    People are so dependent on gold loot.......
    Sts did that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    lol hydra/infested gold loot was nerfed because crying blueskinned babies (after three mage's expansions) got jealous because they dont know how to play their class; not because of inflation or something..
    *Laughs in DS*
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

You compalin about maus runners and yet you would have ran hydra millions of times to get gold loot there? No need to release all your frustration here.
    Also for an "average player" there are plenty of money makers. Lets take cryostar for example. I ran it mindlessly for 10h yesterday and made around 4m. Its not much but it can make you enough to buy gold loot gear and start running maus. Running maps for millions of times is what mmorpg is mostly about - grind, grind, grind. Also that complaint about older players being rich is so stupid, they have more experience and playtime ofc they are richer than newbys.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alkif For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

The real reason hydra is the worst map to have a good pay out is that it is THE most unbalanced map with regards to class at endgame.
    One class rules, one suffers irrelevance, as in most ok wars can't compete with a poorly geared rogue there generally. Check the lb for facts of class dominance.

Also the argument that we need to protect the newbs isn't solid because most new players aren't already near endgame and have gear deceit enough to farm an elite end map. Also what new player is investing in gold loot? Their need for good gear far surpasses their ability to buy gold loot gear.

Lower lever new players need more than ppl near lv 71.
    Gold loot hydra was a bad idea and is a thing of the past
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

non sense. This is not for newbie. all newbie needs is lvling and need to know how to save their gold rather than being fooled or scammed, taught them that. hydra gl will make this game crumbling even further. there are so much way to make gold besides depending on gl.

none to discuss

most of new player are too lazy to lv. ONLY BEGGING. they should understand the definition of hardwork and play cleverly, not depending on one map or another.
    here is the tips:
    1. run elite nordr for elite golden chest
    2. or run elite brackenridge or shuyal n tindirin if u strong enough.
    3. read guide, explore how to make gold in game current condition. NO EASY WAY
    4. dude,there is event. newbie complaint.. "event was too hard, etc etc" CUZ u ARE underleveled. go 71 at least
    Last edited by Icarusflame; 12-09-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Gold loot in Hydra and Infested were the best time of AL. So many of my friends were active then just to run hydra/infested. But since it got nerfed, a lot of my friends got inactive. The reason it got nerfed was cos Mages and wars kept complaining because Rogues could solo kill hydra/orrick without their help. It's weird cos we Rogues didn't complain when maus was dominated by Mages and wars. Some people would just leave a map if a Rog entered maus. Such the condition was of rogues during the maus era but still we Rogues didn't complain and nor sts nerfed it. So yes it's unfair that hydra/infested got nerfed. It's also a bitter truth that it's very very hard for a newbie to earn gold except in some event like pirate booty or Eggzavier. So hydra/infested was like a motivation for them to keep playing the game. The rich Mages/Wars who were jealous and were too lazy to make a rogue for hydra/infest, complained and made hydra/infested nerfed. So yes STS should stop listening to those ultra rich player's suggestion who wants to rule the game and don't want others to become rich. As majority of the player's are newbie and are not in forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

This caused so much people to leave end game it’s not fun seeing the same set of people every single day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Player4L

I rather buy plat dude u save time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Stop saying to nerf everything :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This was one of the most active times i have ever seen for farming, was sad that it had to go but if it had not everything would be 100+m lol