Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Default Based on luck?

Name:  Pocket Legends.png
Views: 174
Size:  126.0 KB

Is it based on luck who wins the match? Drain is one of the most important spells to a mage. But there is a 200 damage point difference. Critical doesn't matter because you can have above 40 with crafted wand set and 50 with a yellow set.

But the is the damage lucky? Does it depend on how much damage you do with a spell?

Post your opinions and comments here.

P.S. I was just testing google screenshot and didn't want to spam so don't flame or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I don't get most of your post, but yes the damage can differ and there is no way to know how hard each skill will hit.
    Though, this is not the only factor, so the match is not (solely) based on luck...
    Last edited by Gaunab; 01-02-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

PvP relies a bit on luck, no matter what the class. Dodge, crit, and hit for example are all percentages. Percentages are chances, so yes luck is a variable in PvP, although it definitely isn't the only one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Any RPG system is atleast somewhat based on luck. 30 dodge means roughly 30% chance they will dodge, 95% hit means there is a 5% chance you will miss. Damage range, non-maxed crit all play a factor. Certainly luck isnt the only deciding factor in a match, but sometimes you will fight someone and regardless of how well you play, you may lose. The idea is that the more you play, the more your luck will average out and you can see how skilled you are compared to others.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Sometimes spells and auto hit at the higher end of the spectrum, and there really nothing one can do about it. You can hit someone hard one time and win, doesnt mean anything. does not mean you are stronger or weaker. Ive been hit by level 65 crafted no vanity set mages so hard it wipes my mana, however it doesnt mean they themselves are powerful.
    Every attack has a range, we all hope to hit at the top of that and critical does help over ride the low dmg, since when doubled it is monsterous none the less.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Luck is the most useful skill to have, even though it is one skill you can't control. If one were to have the "best luck" you would constantly have crit on every spell, dodge every attack, etc. Raise that luck by having higher percents. But yeah, when i go up against a mage and we both try to drain and fire each other, it really is luck.

Then timing is another thing.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Well actually I can have crit every time when there's no dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Well actually I can have crit every time when there's no dodge.
    You and every other mage... The set is ovepowered, extremely overpowered. Imo the birds need the higher crit than mages. You can always tell what set id overpowered by the amount of types you see. For example every game is filled w crafted wand mages, where before it was usually birds.
    These "pro mages" will get a rude awakening when the next update hits and another set/class is op, they will be the first ones to complain.

Revelation

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    You and every other mage... The set is ovepowered, extremely overpowered. Imo the birds need the higher crit than mages. You can always tell what set id overpowered by the amount of types you see. For example every game is filled w crafted wand mages, where before it was usually birds.
    These "pro mages" will get a rude awakening when the next update hits and another set/class is op, they will be the first ones to complain.
    This is very true but it's never really the class thats OP it's the gear. If STR gear is more powerful I'll use it. If it's DEX, why not then?

Sometimes the spells from different classes goes with certain types of gear, but generally not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I respectfully disagree with dtfs statement. Every class has a weakness. Example:
    A pro bird will have advantage over a pro wand mage. Dont believe me? Fight kanital.

A pro pally will have advantage over a pro warbird. Dont believe me? Ask any warbird.(where are you xaz?)

At the endof the day, skill will always outweigh anything else.

Example: ive seen birds blast then repulse wand mages...wait until skills recool.. then finish the mage off in two shots. This is called skill aka strategy.

Ive seen wand mages die to pallies and vice versa. When i played as pally i never felt a disadvantage against any set including wand sets. I get the feeling that last cap pallies were so op thst now that they are balanced; they are quick to say nerf nerf!

This is just a classic " dear devs, nerf rock, paper is fine, from scissors."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    This is very true but it's never really the class thats OP it's the gear. If STR gear is more powerful I'll use it. If it's DEX, why not then?

Sometimes the spells from different classes goes with certain types of gear, but generally not.
    The gear is op only on mages though. Birds and bears are epic fails in wand set lol.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The gear is op only on mages though. Birds and bears are epic fails in wand set lol.
    Haha yeah that's true. Didn't think of it like that... guess it's because mages are meant for heavy AOE damage and the INT set makes them all the stronger. Maybe mages are simply better..? haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylito View Post
    I respectfully disagree with dtfs statement. Every class has a weakness. Example:
    A pro bird will have advantage over a pro wand mage. Dont believe me? Fight kanital.

A pro pally will have advantage over a pro warbird. Dont believe me? Ask any warbird.(where are you xaz?)

At the endof the day, skill will always outweigh anything else.

Example: ive seen birds blast then repulse wand mages...wait until skills recool.. then finish the mage off in two shots. This is called skill aka strategy.

Ive seen wand mages die to pallies and vice versa. When i played as pally i never felt a disadvantage against any set including wand sets. I get the feeling that last cap pallies were so op thst now that they are balanced; they are quick to say nerf nerf!

This is just a classic " dear devs, nerf rock, paper is fine, from scissors."
    That is merely an exception to a rule. Which only proves it further. Of course the one top killing bird of all time can do this and that. Of course the top killing mage of all time won't feel disadvantaged.
    I play pally (well not atm bc I am on a killing spree going for 20k) and I fight top mages all the time. It is a huge challenge but not impossible. It is why I am going to try to go as fat as a pally vs wanders in the tournament. To prove skill can prevail over the op set and talented user.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

That is merely an exception to a rule. Which only proves it further. Of course the one top killing bird of all time can do this and that. Of course the top killing mage of all time won't feel disadvantaged.
    I play pally (well not atm bc I am on a killing spree going for 20k) and I fight top mages all the time. It is a huge challenge but not impossible. It is why I am going to try to go as fat as a pally vs wanders in the tournament. To prove skill can prevail over the op set and talented user.
    You may want to change the word fat to far ahah.

Definitely most fights require skill and the INT is definitely somewhat OP. I think in the end it's all balanced out though for PvP-- since it looks like we're talking about it.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Skill can overrun power anytime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Its all about luck... and skill....
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Honestly I would rather be lucky than good anyday.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Honestly I would rather be lucky than good anyday.
    100% with ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Id have to agree with everyone even with the op wand mage. Obviously PvP isnt all about luck, your not going be lucky when you have a crit percentage of 96%. You WILL hit a crit. And I'ma lvl 64 avian with the 63 sanguine set and I can take out crafted bird and bears. I might have killed a mage in FFA once. Birds and bears have the short end of the stick on this cap.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    Id have to agree with everyone even with the op wand mage. Obviously PvP isnt all about luck, your not going be lucky when you have a crit percentage of 96%. You WILL hit a crit. And I'ma lvl 64 avian with the 63 sanguine set and I can take out crafted bird and bears. I might have killed a mage in FFA once. Birds and bears have the short end of the stick on this cap.
    Bears arent so bad, very few however possess the skill needed for bear. The set is real good, don't get me started on warbirds ha.
    Typically people only play one class, if you only play mage you simply do not realize it isn't you that is pro it is the set. Try playing vs op wanders as a bird I guarantee most (not the 1% top) and you will see even the "average" player you cream as a mage is asking you for 1/1s. a lot.

Revelation