Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @STS: Can we have a 1v1 map?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default @STS: Can we have a 1v1 map?

I think it would be a great idea. By a 1v1 map, I mean something very simple, like a map with a whole lot of green and blue orbs along a wall or something, to quickly restore hp and mana and get back to fighting. Of course 1v1 isn't a very prevalent form of pvp in pocket legends, but for the people such as myself who enjoy it, this would be a much appreciated addition. As it is right now, one person usually rejoins the game after a fight to get full health. Maybe I'm just impatient, but I find it kind of annoying when after every fight the winner has to wait 10 seconds to avoid getting a death for leaving in combat, then re-type the game password and join again.

The map itself wouldn't have to be very intricate at all in design - something so simple as a medium sized circle or square would work just fine. Enough space to allow for some kiting, but small enough so that you could always know where your opponent is on your screen ("Forest Fight" size-ish?) And of course, either along an edge, or any place out of the way really, a few health and mana orbs. I think 2 of each would be sufficient.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Not necessary?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I like it. Only problem I could see would be rusher abuse. The guy could rush then grab an orb and keep constantly rushing without slowly getting his health drained you know? However, rushers already abuse PvP to the max so that's a minor problem. All IMO of course

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I know Thade had fun making maps for SL PvP. I'll see if he has some time to make another map for PL, although he's pretty slammed with everything else cooking in house. I'm not sure if the orbs is a good idea, as MightyMicah mentions. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I know Thade had fun making maps for SL PvP. I'll see if he has some time to make another map for PL, although he's pretty slammed with everything else cooking in house. I'm not sure if the orbs is a good idea, as MightyMicah mentions. Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Since we are talking about PvP, is there any chance of forthcoming rewards for PvP? Items? Titles? Gold/credits? Expanded leaderboards so regular gamers can see how they stack up (not only the elite Top 5)? Unfortunately I have to cycle through about 5 of my SL/PL characters before finding a PvP match, and even then I sometimes don't. I think giving some sort of rewards, a la WoW, would encourage more PvPing.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

How about after someone kills the other person they are both reset at the starting spawn with full health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slcinuup View Post
    How about after someone kills the other person they are both reset at the starting spawn with full health.
    This couldn't happen, because people play by different rules. This would totally ruin the fun of a good ol' free for all
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Understandable. I appreciate you even taking a look at this thread, thanks.

I should clarify that my idea behind this map is that it would be used ONLY for 1v1. Meaning there would be no rushers, or FFA. There are plenty of other great maps for that. The orbs would be the primary selling point behind this map...other wise it would be just like all the others with having to rejoin the game after a fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Hmm...... Maybe not 1v1 u can do that in forest fights... But a free for all... no teams just 1v1v1v1v1v1v1 or even more u could even put a max. amount of people that can join like maybe 10 people cna pvp or even 20?
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Hey all,

I'm now working on a 1 v 1 map for PL.

About PvP rewards. Rewards for PvP are something I'd really like to see in the future once the PvP experience is consistent. Features like PvP matches only starting once preconditions are met (Both teams are full) are key to making PvP a more reliably enjoyable experience. Right now, as you all know PvP can at times be fun or not based on all parties involved playing by the "rules". Until PvP matches have that structure built in, I don't think we can reward players for PvPing well.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Hey all,

About PvP rewards. Rewards for PvP are something I'd really like to see in the future once the PvP experience is consistent. Features like PvP matches only starting once preconditions are met (Both teams are full) are key to making PvP a more reliably enjoyable experience. Right now, as you all know PvP can at times be fun or not based on all parties involved playing by the "rules". Until PvP matches have that structure built in, I don't think we can reward players for PvPing well.
    Thanks for replying, Thade. Much appreciated.

How can we implement "structure" into PvP?
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Hey all,

Awesome! Remember to put on a wall or something "Thade was here "!
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

You can't Montanabro, it's something we need to build into the PvP maps.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Yay 1v1 maps!
    Last edited by Swimmingstar; 01-03-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

You can't Montanabro, it's something we need to build into the PvP maps.
    With "we" I was trying to be more polite than saying "what do YOU need to do?" Anyway, I hope the structure comes soon because a lot of my friends have left or are leaving to other games with more robust PvP.

Edit: I like this game a lot, which is why I've invested so much in it and am encouraging the PvP to be revamped. It would be unfortunate to to see players leave because of a fixable flaw.
    Last edited by Montanabro; 01-03-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Wow three dev comments in one PvP thread! This is definitely going to be good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Hmm... mke it like rpg lol jk
    But 1v1 underwater map
    Hmm is this gonna cost like 10plat?
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

good news here!

since this gonna be a 1vs1 map, both players should just reset after each fight. would save a lot time for both.
    like sun already said, as level 10 the hp-regen is really to low, u need always to wait, rejoin, and also retyping password. a 1vs1 map woudnt have much sense if it would be the same like a standard map.

costing plat? hmmm, if its made well i would pay...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Yes to 1vs1 maps!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

A 1v1 map would be good for duels and tourneys. It could be as simple as releasing the same maps we already use with the limitation of 1 person on each team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    A 1v1 map would be good for duels and tourneys. It could be as simple as releasing the same maps we already use with the limitation of 1 person on each team.
    Agree, only I know that it has been asked before to allow bystanders. Like allow 1 from each team in pvp and maybe 2 others that cannot be in combat. I enjoy watching big matches as well as some matches need judges etc.