Thread: PVP Ideas! From the mind of Paar(:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default PVP Ideas! From the mind of Paar(:

Well here is a thread of my ideas!

1. Kill Confirmed!

This would be a fun idea! All you MW3 Players know what I'm saying! We kill someone and we collect data to keep the kill, this would be challenging because if you kill someone and someone kills you they could deny your kill and get your death points. So like you have to collect 10 kills to complete the game?

2. Coming Soon!
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

considering we kill people at close range I don't really see this working out...but it's something to build off of I guess.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I see it working out! The stuns would help alot.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

i believe it was in WoW, or maybe aeon, that there was an additional stat. there were kills, deaths, and then something else (forget what it was called) where u would get a "point" for contributing to the death of the opponent, even if you didn't nail the finishing blow. this may not work too well here tho, as maps are much smaller, there are numerous AoE skills (so and engi wit boom or trans, once fixed, or a com, would basically get a point here every time an opponent died, while an op probably wouldn't) and the largest area is only a 3v3 map. I also wonder what goes into the programming of this, and since I have already killed a teammate once (don't mess wit me eb!!!!!), it's probably easy for this type of thing to get out of hand. either way, it's something to think about.

edit:
    if kill someone, am I the only one that can "get the point" or can someone else on my team go up to the corpse an ninja me? also, if I die, could a teammate pick up the point? if u r suggesting 10 kills to win, I assume u mean that the team would need 10 kills. could be interesting if anyone on my team could pick up the point by going to the corpse. if I kill someone and my whole team is wiped out before reaching the corpse to collect the point, then maybe we don't get the kill? sry, just thinking out loud
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-04-2012 at 03:05 AM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    i believe it was in WoW, or maybe aeon, that there was an additional stat. there were kills, deaths, and then something else (forget what it was called) where u would get a "point" for contributing to the death of the opponent, even if you didn't nail the finishing blow. this may not work too well here tho, as maps are much smaller, there are numerous AoE skills (so and engi wit boom or trans, once fixed, or a com, would basically get a point here every time an opponent died, while an op probably wouldn't) and the largest area is only a 3v3 map. I also wonder what goes into the programming of this, and since I have already killed a teammate once (don't mess wit me eb!!!!!), it's probably easy for this type of thing to get out of hand. either way, it's something to think about.

edit:
    if kill someone, am I the only one that can "get the point" or can someone else on my team go up to the corpse an ninja me? also, if I die, could a teammate pick up the point? if u r suggesting 10 kills to win, I assume u mean that the team would need 10 kills. could be interesting if anyone on my team could pick up the point by going to the corpse. if I kill someone and my whole team is wiped out before reaching the corpse to collect the point, then maybe we don't get the kill? sry, just thinking out loud
    The way it works in Call of Duty is that when someone is killed, they drop a a big dog tag. The tag is yellow to the team who killed said player, and red to the team he was on. If the killing team gets it, they get a point towards their total. The person who gets the kill gets +50 personal points regardless of if he got the tag or not with the message *Kill Confirmed* popping up. The person who physically picks up the tag gets +50 personal points as well. If the other team gets the tag first, no points are awarded to either team, but the person who picks it up gets +50 personal points as well as the message *Kill Denied.*

The reason I see this not working is that the maps are small, and dog tags or whatever we would use won't be hard to get. The fun of kill confirmed is killing someone at range and not knowing if it's worth darting out to get your tag or not. You could kill a guy only to have his friend waiting to ambush you as you popped out to collect your spoils.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think it is a valid suggestion. Give it a shot. But this thread should be moved to suggestions.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can see rushers getting excited by this suggestion lol
    Westlyford-Operative(Main)
    Killerade-Commando
    Creatanhealer- Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Lol an awful lot to impliment in a small game peeps. Cool ideas would like to c how if possible they could incorperate more stat ideas. As far pvp n me i just go in fire off all i have n pray i have enough health to outlast the other.. most times not lol. I think an open pvp to 3 or 4 teams at once would be cool and wild as well. I have fun on ctf could u imagine 4 teams of 2 or 3 ppl going at all at once it already crazy as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:530552
    I think it is a valid suggestion. Give it a shot. But this thread should be moved to suggestions.
    I wasnt paying attention lol ty(:
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter