Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Change my mind- mage ult meteor is inferior to energize

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deuteronomy View Post
    energize is a dumb pve ulti.. In pve, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in pve and probably best in pvp.
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EpicX View Post
    well it must be! can spam skills and get kills easier in pvp that way. Just lurk around and use energize to kill all enemy. gg ez.
    idk idk, he said it will drain mana fast ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy View Post
    Energize runs out of mana too fast.
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 12-18-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Ok, good point that hc may make a difference, and many hc may be subject to the difference of having to play alone (or not if lucky). Another difference might be if hc uses plat but that’s another complication.
    Let me try to show simply with numbers.

Let’s say you only have two attacks, maybe fire and lightning. Energize lasts about ten seconds, those 2 skills mentioned recharge nearly every second. Yet I’ll be conservative n say u get off 9 of those 2 skills in that time.
    Fire 5k x 9 = 45k plus 10 x 9 = 90. 135k over 9 sec.

Meteor damage ranges 106 -255k

Essentially even if you are alone and using only two damage skills you are comparable to the meteor ult.
    If you have 3 damage skills the chance is even better, if you have one partner your overall damage output jumps exponentially.
    With 2 ppl that damage again jumps exponentially.

Meteor can’t compare in general, I just don’t see it o.O
    Maybe sometimes it is better to do 50K damage in one second than 1,000,000 damage in 9 seconds. Sometimes time is not on your side. :P
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Rogue refuel is the best PVE ulti, it only sucks when stupid rogues use it at the wrong moment.
    That's a cute point of view. I have a speed set I switch to, so I feel it's a waste. I don't use any rogue utilities. I put all those points into masteries and if I had to use one it would be Ultimate Aimed Shot for boss damage. If rogue's had Energizer I would use it because it turns my character into a lawnmower when a mage use it.

Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

No you may not. Like I said, energize is a dumb PVE ultimate period. Refuel is better because no mana cost. You get attacks off much better with refuel. Energize runs out of mana too fast.
    You do realize in pve no one cares about mana cost by the time you get to use the ultimate. Energizer turns the mage & everyone with them into a AK47/automatic weapons...

Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Energize is a dumb PVE ulti.. In PVE, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in PVE and probably best in PVP.
    Come on, this guy needs recognition in proving Darwin's theory of evolution, that some still left behind

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

It has its place on support mages but for full offense ones I prefer meteor for the quick heavy damage. I use fire, ice, lightning and wind so I’m already rapid firing my spells. That 6 seconds doesn’t really help me compared to dropping the meteor on a boss.

That’s just my opinion. I was never a support mage tho. I’ve been using 4 attack spells since 31 was the cap lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    You do realize in pve no one cares about mana cost by the time you get to use the ultimate. Energizer turns the mage & everyone with them into a AK47/automatic weapons...

Rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    Come on, this guy needs recognition in proving Darwin's theory of evolution, that some still left behind

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    LOL. I am Darwin's daddy, I taught him everything he knows.

But on a serious note, builds and skill use is different for all players. The way I play, energize is just another support skill, probably chronically used by healers. Meteor gets me through maps like fester and Morgana much better. I have never ran a map and was like, "OMG, it's the ENERGIZE skill, we are in business". I like refuel better because when it's activated, I spam my 4 attack skills and destroy stuff. That's my play style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Energize is a dumb PVE ulti.. In PVE, meteor is much more useful. I ran fester with another mage and the meteor was a god send. Energize is stupid in PVE and probably best in PVP.
    Hold up a second, so warriors can't use ultimate skills in pvp but mages can? Sts what is this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Hold up a second, so warriors can't use ultimate skills in pvp but mages can? Sts what is this.
    I don't PVP, so I do not know whether or not mages or warrior ultimates are usable there. I was just assuming that energize would probably be best in PVP because in PVE, it is not really useful for me. I'd personally prefer refuel/meteor in PVE. That's just my play style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I don't PVP, so I do not know whether or not mages or warrior ultimates are usable there. I was just assuming that energize would probably be best in PVP because in PVE, it is not really useful for me. I'd personally prefer refuel/meteor in PVE. That's just my play style.
    Ultimates are not available in PVP sir. Are you aware that Energize ultimate works for the whole party? When you have a full party spamming skills in a boss they die pretty damn fast, and in addition, you can sync up with a warrior and use Energize/Rage ultimates at the same time; you'll be saying then: "OMG, it's the ENERGIZE skill, we are in business"
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Ultimates are not available in PVP sir. Are you aware that Energize ultimate works for the whole party? When you have a full party spamming skills in a boss they die pretty damn fast, and in addition, you can sync up with a warrior and use Energize/Rage ultimates at the same time; you'll be saying then: "OMG, it's the ENERGIZE skill, we are in business"
    Bosses hp after the rage plus energize combo.
    Name:  download (7).jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  9.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Bosses hp after the rage plus energize combo.
    Name:  download (7).jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  9.0 KB
    Yeah. I getcha.

My play style setup/build needs no energize. Everybody is different, I have never had a mage use energize and it made a difference. My build is geared towards total attacks and insane critical. Everybody is different. I'd just prefer something other than support and energize.

But, everyone is different.

I ran a map with a warrior the other day (Fester), and his damage was so excellent that energize would have been useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Yeah. I getcha.

My play style setup/build needs no energize. Everybody is different, I have never had a mage use energize and it made a difference. My build is geared towards total attacks and insane critical. Everybody is different. I'd just prefer something other than support and energize.

But, everyone is different.

I ran a map with a warrior the other day (Fester), and his damage was so excellent that energize would have been useless.
    All good homie, I agree that everyone has their own playstyle, and I respect that you stick to your ways. Best of luck to you and people who run with you.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

All good homie, I agree that everyone has their own playstyle, and I respect that you stick to your ways. Best of luck to you and people who run with you.

Sounds good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

It's so funny to me this is even really a convo... Like saying I would rather be the minute man instead of the dude who goes all night. Really? Which one is better. Crazy

Rogue
    Last edited by Allset; 12-18-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    It's so funny to me this is even really a convo... Like saying I would rather be the minute man instead of the dude who goes all night. Really? Which one is better. Crazy

Rogue
    You not understanding things is probably why you were kicked from Chivalrous Union Guild.

Get it together, bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    It has its place on support mages but for full offense ones I prefer meteor for the quick heavy damage. I use fire, ice, lightning and wind so I’m already rapid firing my spells. That 6 seconds doesn’t really help me compared to dropping the meteor on a boss.

That’s just my opinion. I was never a support mage tho. I’ve been using 4 attack spells since 31 was the cap lol.
    we can prove with numbers that meteor can’t do as much damage as a party who are able to spam all skills, so I wouldn’t call energize a support skill. It does more damage and the effects that your party have from their skills, such as armor reduce, stuns etc are piled on mobs. Meteor has no other effect other than damage.

So far the only arguments against seem to be;
    1- speed of effect (1 sec for max 255k dam vs the total damage output of a pt taking 10 sec). I’m not sure where this is generally better.
    Or 2: it drains mana. Uh ok, but if you’re a mage and run out of mana I see what the problem really is.

Also the sentence- I ran with a war and his damage was so good energize would have been useless is completely illogical.
    If he had great damage, then it would have been better to do more damage faster, period.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Each class ultimate has offense, defense and support
    Mage offense is meteor, defense is shield and support is energize
    War offense is rage, defense is immortal and support is reflect
    Rogue offense is aim shot, defense is (I forgot) and support is fuel.

All ultimate is good and every ultimate has its own role to fit your playstyle.
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    Mage offense is meteor, defense is shield and support is energize
    This is exactly what I’m countering. If energize does more damage and piles on more debuffs from skills, it is a better OFFENCE skill than meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    All ultimate is good and every ultimate has its own role to fit your playstyle.
    I’ll still agree to that I’m not telling u how to play, just saying a str mage w meteor, heal, and a hex/ds staff is gonna get left in the dust when forming a pt.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!