Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cant login when connecting using 4g data

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Cant login when connecting using 4g data

I used to only play using 4g data just fine. But recently i cant login at all using 4g data, keeps "connecting", "contacting server", then disconnected. Using 4g data i can still access everything else which i need internet access for, but not AL. But it works fine when i using wifi and connected to wifi network.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
    Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yea so now i cant play when im outdoors. And my wifi sucks so my average ping is like 2.8k

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Seems like it is not only me having this issue with playing on my phone the more i read the issue it seems more unlikey is related to my telco blocking AL IPs.

Refer to similar post here :https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...to-AL-on-phone

Why? Cause all my apps works fine my on phone with 3g/4g except AL and STS often make frequent changes to it when patching AL.

I have tried with another 2 other telco in my country + wifi all working fine but not the main Telco for my phone.
    I have also reported this issue to my phone's telco but so far they have not get back to me after 3 days.. i am suspecting it is an issue on the AL server blocking some IPs or some security system they have in place on thier servers.

The errors i get:
    1. Failed to connect to Arcane Legends game servers.Please check your internet connection
    2. "If" i get to login i change map it will red ping and disconnect and unable to connect again
    3. I get message waiting for "connecting servers...." then time out and get another message "Oh, no! The server is currently down etc .........."

I hope STS could check on this further and look into the setup changes, or they dont want us to play AL again and all my platinum i have purchased over the years ..
    Last edited by will0; 12-19-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Im facing the same problem, its super frustrating. I hope they fix it soon

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

PM with your ip address when on 4G, when you're unable to get into the game, so we at least have a starting point to look into.

If you can never get to the login screen, causes could be:
    * ISP doing http injection, making initial server handshake unparseable
    * ISP blocking server IP addresses or ports
    * Your IP could be in a range we're blocking.

If you can get to the login screen, but then can't patch or get into the game, or sometimes able to get in but disconnect when zoning:
    * ISP blocking server IP addresses or ports

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Im thinking the problem could be ISP blocking IP addresses or ports coz we get either of those problems at times only when using 4g. Its never just not getting to login page or dc after at login page, its both happening at different times.

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The problem is still happening

Meow~

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Seeing the 'Oh no! maintenance/update' message (when it's not actually down for that, which it rarely is), usually means that you're able to connect to the auth servers on port 80 but not on port 4060.

I'll look into this more after the holidays when I have time. It's unfortunately almost certainly something that your ISP is doing that causes it, but I may be able to adjust things to be less likely for them to interfere with it.

In the meantime, you can probably use a VPN app to work around it. I've had good results with cloudflare's free 1.1.1.1 Warp VPN app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Seeing the 'Oh no! maintenance/update' message (when it's not actually down for that, which it rarely is), usually means that you're able to connect to the auth servers on port 80 but not on port 4060.

I'll look into this more after the holidays when I have time. It's unfortunately almost certainly something that your ISP is doing that causes it, but I may be able to adjust things to be less likely for them to interfere with it.

In the meantime, you can probably use a VPN app to work around it. I've had good results with cloudflare's free 1.1.1.1 Warp VPN app.
    Sometimes i see the "Oh no! Maintenance/update" message page, sometimes i stuck on connecting/authenticating message page then disconnected saying to check my internet connection.

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Also since im sort of a plat buyer at times, and sometimes do tapjoy plat offers, will this VPN thing interfere with it? Coz i have heard of many ppl banned from this VPN thing with plat. Im not sure. Is it safe?

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I have the same issue... Have to switch to alternative telco to load.. Bad..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Lets all be patient for the devs to fix this issue . After all its the holidays, they need a break. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbloonist View Post
    Also since im sort of a plat buyer at times, and sometimes do tapjoy plat offers, will this VPN thing interfere with it? Coz i have heard of many ppl banned from this VPN thing with plat. Im not sure. Is it safe?
    Noone has ever been banned just for using a VPN. Offer related bans are always people exploiting the offer providers, either to get rewarded for the same offer multiple times, or to get rewarded for an offer without actually doing it.

As long as you're only doing offers once per actual live person, and not trying to shortcut them, you'll be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

i have same issue since sts made last update.. loosed like 4days of event , only can login Al With VPN (Which gets dc multiple times)

Please fix it somehow before winter Ends up

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salb View Post
    i have same issue since sts made last update.. loosed like 4days of event , only can login Al With VPN (Which gets dc multiple times)

Please fix it somehow before winter Ends up
    It's safe to say I will not be spending my holidays troubleshooting poor behavior by some random ISP, or trying to work around it, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yes, the devs deserve a holiday break too
    (Although im working even on christmas day itself)

Meow~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Devs, please fix this. Its been looong after christmas holidays. And its actually getting very annoying when logging into game.

Meow~

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

No need to bump the thread.

It's on my list to eventually allow falling back to a method that will work around the problem, but frankly, the actual problem is on your ISP's end of things, and it's only a problem for badly behaving ISPs, so it isn't a high priority for me. You have a workaround via VPN in the meantime, and/or you can work with your ISP to get the problem fixed on their end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    No need to bump the thread.

It's on my list to eventually allow falling back to a method that will work around the problem, but frankly, the actual problem is on your ISP's end of things, and it's only a problem for badly behaving ISPs, so it isn't a high priority for me. You have a workaround via VPN in the meantime, and/or you can work with your ISP to get the problem fixed on their end.
    My internet is very good when i use for other things though, like youtube or downloading. I will try to get a VPN working on my phone.
    But really, this problem never ever happened to me before. Only recently it started to happen consistently and constantly. So im thinking it could be STS's side of things, since i have not changed my ISP in years.
    Thank you for replying btw, futumsh

Meow~

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbloonist View Post
    My internet is very good when i use for other things though, like youtube or downloading. I will try to get a VPN working on my phone.
    But really, this problem never ever happened to me before. Only recently it started to happen consistently and constantly. So im thinking it could be STS's side of things, since i have not changed my ISP in years.
    Thank you for replying btw, futumsh
    If it were on our end, noone would be able to play on any type of connection. If it changed recently, it's likely due to configuration changes on the part of your ISP. Youtube / downloading use a specific set of ports and protocols that your ISP is allowing - it likely has some sort of rule blocking / not routing some of the ports (or possibly addresses) that we use.