Thread: A Gender Indicator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default A Gender Indicator

I suggest an option to choose and show a gender indicator near the name or wherever the best possible location so that there is no confusion of saying bro to a girl vise versa, also it may or maybe resolve the issue about or request for a female mage and warrior, or a male version of rogue.

In my opinion, it will improve the community because there will be less stress for each gender to be called bro or sis (rarely happens) and enhance the marriage concept of the game.

It will not hurt any mechanics in-game, its a win for the community also in AL for game improvement so it is good for implementation. Leave your thoughts, Thanks.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Overgrown; 12-25-2019 at 02:09 PM. Reason: For Clearer explanation of my concept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    I suggest an option to choose and show a gender indicator near the name or where ever the best must it be placed, so that there is no confusion of saying bro to a girl vise versa, also it may or maybe resolve the issue about or request for a female mage and warrior, or a male version of rogue?

I guess it will improve the community, and will not hurt any mechanics in game. Leave your thoughts, Thanks.

Of course you're offended by people saying "bro" it's just an expression

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock140 View Post
    Of course you're offended by people saying "bro" it's just an expression

Yep this is why i find it necessary, becuse I always assume that I'm talking to a guy until they say I'm a girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

This post reminds mw off this https://youtu.be/iBhcQeNd5AM

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I suggest an option to choose and show a gender indicator near the name or where ever the best must it be placed, so that there is no confusion of saying bro to a girl vise versa, also it may or maybe resolve the issue about or request for a female mage and warrior, or a male version of rogue.

In my opinion, it will improve the community, enhance the marriage concept of the game and will not hurt any mechanics in game. Leave your thoughts, Thanks.

At first, I was going to say "what does that do for the game? But, then you mentioned the marriage system and I thought to myself "well, if they would do a marriage system, why not do this suggestion"?

What the game needs is "something to do" and not marriage or gender identification. That's my perspective.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deuteronomy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy View Post
    At first, I was going to say "what does that do for the game? But, then you mentioned the marriage system and I thought to myself "well, if they would do a marriage system, why not do this suggestion"?

What the game needs is "something to do" and not marriage or gender identification. That's my perspective.
    I pointed a few things that it may help, maybe a new thread for that "something to do" suggestions, anything in mind? create a new thread for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I pointed a few things that it may help, maybe a new thread for that "something to do" suggestions, anything in mind? create a new thread for it.

I have nothing in mind at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

A while back you wanted "manly" vanities for your "rogue", now you're asking for a gender indicator... im starting to see a pattern here....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mizzbamzy View Post
    A while back you wanted "manly" vanities for your "rogue", now you're asking for a gender indicator... im starting to see a pattern here....
    Question, is it bad for the game? And what is your problem with that? Scroll through general discussion I'm not the only one who is concerned about this gender thing.

If you're seeing a pattern nice of you Sherlock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nope it isnt bad for game but it isnt relevant for now, there are other stuff to focus on like bringing out the new arcane wep, etc. I did scroll through general discussion and i havent seen anyone posted anything about gender except you .-. If you are insecure about certain stuff then that is your problem. If u dont want girly outfits stick to warrior. If u dont wanna miss call someone by a gender tied phrase then ask first what gender thst person is. You said you arent the only one one who is concerned about this "gender thing" but quite frankly you are the only one who ive seen making these topics a spotlight (othet than that one mage who wanted a change cuz she a girl w.e). Its up to u to do what u want but for 7yrs nobody has had a prob miss calling someone and most just laughs it off, idk why u have a prob or where you are getting these questionable ideas from. Anyways i'll leave it to the devs. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I agree . good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Nope it isnt bad for game but it isnt relevant for now, there are other stuff to focus on like bringing out the new arcane wep, etc. I did scroll through general discussion and i havent seen anyone posted anything about gender except you .-. If you are insecure about certain stuff then that is your problem. If u dont want girly outfits stick to warrior. If u dont wanna miss call someone by a gender tied phrase then ask first what gender thst person is. You said you arent the only one one who is concerned about this "gender thing" but quite frankly you are the only one who ive seen making these topics a spotlight (othet than that one mage who wanted a change cuz she a girl w.e). Its up to u to do what u want but for 7yrs nobody has had a prob miss calling someone and most just laughs it off, idk why u have a prob or where you are getting these questionable ideas from. Anyways i'll leave it to the devs. Just my 2 cents.
    You sound so salty and hostile about it, do you have any personal problem with me?

Its on general discussion a thread by sweetcakes. Read through it, lol

Arcane weapons? They're already up, the vanity is up, just the release is the problem.

You can't always correct someone easily some will take offense instantly, will save time and farm more time.

If you don't like the idea, don't attack me based on my suggestion, and you said it your self its not bad for the game.

PS. If you have any more objection, pin point its bad side and give us reasonable answer, why not? instead of just attacking me lmao.

Last edited by Overgrown; 12-26-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I am not salty nor did i attack you, but you have a tendency to misjudge something and get offended fast, like ive stated before this isnt harmful for the game but it also isnt needed atm. Just release arcane weps? Devs need to create a proc for the wep, make balanced stats, test it, etc. Its quite obvious to me you are only focusing on fiction and not reality. I'll end this here, you may reply as much as you want. Just fyi sweetcakes had nothing against ppl calling her "bro" just that she wanted more female mage vanity ^^ Skidaddle skidoddle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Well i don't think it would be something very hard to implement and would indeed be useful imo +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Many ppl pretending to be girl in this game

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Senkuu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Because everyone will totally choose their own gender and not catfish (:
    This isn't sims people need to stop treating it like sims nor is it a tinder.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ModAbuse For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Did you just assume there is only 2 genders in 2019?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BloodxBite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BloodxBite View Post
    Did you just assume there is only 2 genders in 2019?
    Biologically there is only 2, and If you read my suggestion carefully I indicated that its optional to show your gender or not, at least people have option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Most people correct them as well, and then they laugh it off. Seen it in game hundreds of times. Correcting a person isn't vicious, it's just clarifying. Life is one big correction, that's how we learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

+1
    I like the idea. I have a few players on my friends list that I have known for awhile & just found out their gender. Which was shocking because I thought they where dudes lol

Rogue