Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Legendary" Zerious, thrives on infamy... sad confession

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Exclamation The "Legendary" Zerious, thrives on infamy... sad confession

Hello STS twinks and pvpers. I've been encountered by a few friends of mine, alts i've never met. And they brought to my attention that they've seen a change in me.

Needless to say, I've lost those friends....

I, Zerious, the one who so despised rushers and trolls in the arena, and who lots of twinks admired and sought advice from, have become a rusher.

The reason why i'm posting this is because I've totally converted. I'm not going to ask twinks or pvpers i don't know to "go", They'll have to do what i've been doing for the past year, and attempt a counter. Why have I converted? Because PL has changed too much from the PL i once knew. Too many people out to simply grieve others, too many people full of pride when there's hardly anything to be proud of, and too many people who forget that it's just a game. PL used to be more than just a game, it was a warm community. I've found this community in the most ironic way possible for my tastes by joining Unknown Terrorists. I once hated this guild but now, there are the closest to friends than anyone else i've recently encountered. I haven't had this much fun since the first annual Winter Festival...

MY guild never thrived the way I was hoping, and it was heart-breaking to watch my guildies get rushed and wonder why they were doing it when i was teaching them it was wrong. They all left. Others added twinks they never get on. The hopes of bringing back any amount of decent pvpers were crushed, and I'm simply tired of working for a lost cause.

Since I've already started a bad name for myself, I thought it'd be fair for those on the forums to know, and spare the surprise. But there are few who will forever be safe from me, they know who they are. (either you know i'd never rush you, or you'll just drop me easily.)

happy twinking.... sort of...

Zerious
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zerious For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I never thought I'd see this day just out of interest, would u rush me? always gotta be prepared
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Well kudos for being honest. And yes, politics have slowed this game down to almost a hault. Especially in pvp.
    Running a guild is tough, I can relate. Ive seen so many end game pvp guilds come and go so dont feel bad. Do what you do, that makes you happy. It is for fun so have your own fun.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Hmmm...

Sad. So what about those who enter a game, have no clue what's going on and decide to never pvp again because you, and others, get their "free" kills? You mention that the "warm community" has disappeared; do youbthink this will bring it back?

I think sometimes people need to stop and think before they act. Is your kdr or kill count THAT important? Arenyou able to truly prove anything by spawn killing or attacking someone from behind? If you truly feel this way then one of the few I still respect at the twink level is gonna disappear and that is sad.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Am I safe? As DTF said, you're being honest. I've known this for a while, and I totally understand it. I know some end game PvPers may not understand it since I have found many more rushers in twinking, but it does get old getting rushed so much as a twink, especially for someone dedicated to twinking as yourself. Can't say I agree with it, but I understand it.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Do what makes you happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Matutd and Myst, you two have been more than kind to me since i've met you, and I won't be a bother to you in the arena.

@Crims. See, now you're thinking like every other Twink is. You failed to realize my point: I've given up on a lost cause. The "warm community" is gone. It has been for months. Plus Pvp was my haven from stress irl. I don't expect you to understand, but i can see where you get your ideas from.

I'm sorry that you had to read this and lose all respect for me, but really, it's not for the kill count/kdr/leaderboards (tho i might as well try since i've already dug the hole this deep). It's about me failing at what i was once so good at because the number of people was managable. Heck, i've been rushed by people who used my workshop, and I'm supposed to feel good about it? No, Crims, I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, I never was, nor do i ever intend to. After all, I'm no greater a twink than any other player, quite the contrary. And if i really cared about kill count, I wouldn't own 21 twinks, those kills would have been focused on 1 or maybe 2 chars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I 'rush' in SL because its easy to get kills this way.
    I think the term 'rushing' is incorrectly used in PL/SL.

Kudos to you for stopping the "ready set go" crap
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

You got support from me Joe all the way.^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gracious View Post
    You got support from me Joe all the way.^^
    thx as do i to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Personally I think that PL has PvP backwards. PvP should be FFA unless stated otherwise...not the other way around. When I join a pvp game, I want to pvp. I don't want to sit around in a circle and talk.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

On the contrary Z, I AM trying to understand where you coming from as someone who has looked to you for advice on twinking. PM me what's going on, please.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Zerious u are not that polite :/ When someone says hi u just ignore them. And u only say gf when u win, when u lose u say something like, lucky crits, lucky dodge. Or something like lmao. So u couldt improve ur manners. And im reallky sorrry about ur friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

The good days of twinking are long over imo.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    Personally I think that PL has PvP backwards. PvP should be FFA unless stated otherwise...not the other way around. When I join a pvp game, I want to pvp. I don't want to sit around in a circle and talk.
    nailed it there sun. When i started twinking, no one said "go". every match was an FFA. the only time people 1v1ed was because two twinks thought they were better than the other. After one got to 10 kills, they'd say "gf", then back to FFA.

@crims. Nothing is "going on". I simply have decided to play as pvp was intended to be played. The unwritten twink-made rules of "no rushing" started to bore me. Ask anyone who twinked before the first Winter festival, they'll tell you that the word "rushing" didn't exist in pvp terms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    nailed it there sun. When i started twinking, no one said "go". every match was an FFA. the only time people 1v1ed was because two twinks thought they were better than the other. After one got to 10 kills, they'd say "gf", then back to FFA.

@crims. Nothing is "going on". I simply have decided to play as pvp was intended to be played. The unwritten twink-made rules of "no rushing" started to bore me. Ask anyone who twinked before the first Winter festival, they'll tell you that the word "rushing" didn't exist in pvp terms.
    on the contrary rushing and 1v1 fair matches popped up before october of 2010. Thats what us intbears would do.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Hmmm...

Sad. So what about those who enter a game, have no clue what's going on and decide to never pvp again because you, and others, get their "free" kills? You mention that the "warm community" has disappeared; do youbthink this will bring it back?

I think sometimes people need to stop and think before they act. Is your kdr or kill count THAT important? Arenyou able to truly prove anything by spawn killing or attacking someone from behind? If you truly feel this way then one of the few I still respect at the twink level is gonna disappear and that is sad.
    I agree, it doesn't matter whether or not you were boosting kdr or not to someone who just got spawn killed. Someone who was spawn killed has no choice but to assume that you were boosting kdr or something. This rushing does nothing toward restoring any sort of "warm community". The first thing I ask when I enter a pvp game is Ffa or 1vs1? Or 1vs1 or Ctf? I dont care what it is! If I want to PvP, I can get it either way. Do you really think other people will understand that you came to PvP and that is the reason for rushing? There are tons of other rushers who rush for a very different reason. To most others, you no different than them.

Just my thoughts....

EDIT: One thing I remembered (Related or not)...I joined an end game pvp match a few days ago. I see two people, on the leaderboards (Who i used to look up to as well), and one other random person, spawn killing and mauling people who I have NO chance of beating them. Once the game is over...the score is 10-0. I reenter the game and one Leaderboard person joined one side, and the other two INSTANTLY join it once the first does...Not to mention i saw a few rude comments spat out by the three.

Is this how "The Best" get on the leaderboard? Teaming people who have no chance?
    Last edited by Register; 01-05-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Register For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Ok, so maybe I don't understand PvP and especially twink PvP, but to say the only way to have "fun" is to rush all the time... just doesn't make sense. And you say you won't rush those who you are close to or know, well I have a 21 bear NOONE knows about, guess that means I need to be ready, right?

I just feel too many people are starting to take pvp way too seriously and this is on all levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

wrong again. @stinky. Yeah i tend to not speak much in pvp, but no, i NEVER say gf. NEVER. that phrase lost its meaning ages ago.

@con that's not what was introduced to me at all.

@crims. I said that the whole thing of the unwritten rules about "saying go" bore me. So i took on rushing as the alternative. Not that it is the ONLY way to have fun.

@regi. I don't spawn kill unless you're purposely trying to be a troll/seriously make me angry and i can't boot you. On most occasions i just leave. Also I'm rushing because my efforts toward the restoration of the "warm community" were a waste. I don't plan on being on the leaderboards, if i do, Whatever, i'll never truly deserve it tho.

@everyone else. Only thing now is that if you wanna 1v1 me, you gotta ask, also. I won't interupt a 1v1, nor jump someone right after one, because i'm not that low of a twink. I still help with builds and some have even talked to me about personal problems, which i have no problem with. I'm ending the topic of the "warm communtiy" now, because my point was: I'm rushing because me PREVIOUSLY trying to restore the warm coummunity with repeated failures has only wasted my efforts and time, so now i don't even bother. I've stopped taking the pvp community seriously

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Sorry about a loss of friends.