Thread: constructive criticism please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default constructive criticism please.

I roam the pocket legends forums frequently. I noticed within the pvp section. , some forumers have made threads about "how to deal with rushers" and many have great advice. Why not create a single thread for such advice that holds this information. While others can contribute by posting their own ideas within the thread. I understand that flames and what not can occur. I'd just like to get other perspectives on whether this is a good idea or not. Ways to improve this idea?

The reason why, I thought of this is because I dislike seeing redundant threads. This can be implemented to other sections in the forums for reoccurring themes for some threads and help clear the congestion of similar threads. If the sts forum community approves of this idea, I could create one here and within other sections.

Tell me what you think and please don't flame this thread.
    Last edited by Gracious; 01-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

So basically, a sub-subject on PVP? I can agree with the redundancies of the thread matter and the same flames/arguments/people being in them. I think it would help. Honestly tho at this point, there's no right or wrong with rushing. It's not against TOS, so it's technically ok. But people are entitled to their opinions, but i think a lot are too comfortable following old unsaid rules... tho back in the day, the word "rushing" didn't exist, it was just pvp. The only time people 1v1ed was when you were watching two guys who thought they were better than the other duke it out.

I second the notion
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Rushing is a matter I don't mind, I do agree with you that people are entitled to their own opinions. The Idea of compiling one thread of "how to deal with rushers" advice was just a springboard. I was just roaming pvp section and happened upon the idea. I know I could've posted elsewhere in a more suitable section but I was too lazy. Glad you like my idea though.

Even more off-topic I support your cause with not calling it anymore, I like to practice both ffa and 1v1. It's good to be well versed in both seeing as how they both have different playstyles allowing you to hone your skills more so.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Not that this is a bad idea or anything, but let's say perhaps that players eventually go back to rushing. What would be the point of the thread then... to make a whole new thread titled, "How to deal with 1 Vs. 1"? I agree, I'm not really in to rushers and this isn't a bad idea... just telling you where this might go to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I understand where you're coming from, but if pl pvp does radically change back to the majority of ffa, there will always be those onsies and twosies who want to 1v1 with random opponents. Whether they are new, mediocre ,or an advanced player, this can always be used as a refresher or to maybe learn new ways to deal with the majority.

The real purpose of making a thread that compiles those like minded thoughts and ideas to deal with rushers, is to help decongest this section. Dealing with rushers is just a scheme. The bigger picture was to just be able stop redundant threads.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Personally, i don't have anything against 1v1ing, but it got boring just waiting for someone to want to 1v1. With rushing, you get the action (i honestly dgaf about killing or dying. I'd rather have a 10min fight and lose than a .03 sec fight and win.) regardless. But if people wanna challenge me as a twink to twink fight, I'm all for it.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.