Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All str or how about some dex?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I've recently started a bear, got it up to level 15, trying to go for tanking primarily, DPS secondary. So far, I've put all points in STR -- I assume that I should start switching at least some to DEX, and if so, what rate should I split STR/DEX points from here?
    i think only enough for 100% hit rate. i've seen some tankers just go pure strength and it is pretty funny because they miss so much. you definitely need some in dex so you actually don't miss and do some damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You only need 1 thoth item at the moment. I run with 3 isis and 1 thoth. The 8pts going into dex or str are extremely trivial. I'd rather up my mana regen by another 14%, but thats just me hehe.

Edit: And yes I do go out of mana from time to time while spamming all my skills and really hate having to use a mana potion or two while spamming all my other skills and health pots here and there.
    Last edited by kavanah; 07-30-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree, I have a build that requires three Thoth items, the forth I go with Isis. I have at least one point in every skill and when you skill spam, the mana regeneration of one Thoth item is quickly overwhelmed, especially in AO2 and Swamps where the mobs mana drain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reality_storm View Post
    I disagree, I have a build that requires three Thoth items, the forth I go with Isis. I have at least one point in every skill and when you skill spam, the mana regeneration of one Thoth item is quickly overwhelmed, especially in AO2 and Swamps where the mobs mana drain.
    I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with, if its me then thats cool hehe. But Thoth just doesn't give good enough tanking stats to wear more than 1 piece. And rarely do I have to hit a few pots up, in which case I'm glad I have that extra 1 m/s.
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with, if its me then thats cool hehe. But Thoth just doesn't give good enough tanking stats to wear more than 1 piece. And rarely do I have to hit a few pots up, in which case I'm glad I have that extra 1 m/s.
    I was disagreeing with the idea that you only need one Thoth. Granted Isis gives you better armor class, but I find myself infinitely more survivable if I can just skill spam every button as they pop without ever worrying about mana. Mixing and matching I have discovered that on maps with mana drain, three Thoth seems to be that level of man regen where I never need to use a mana pot. This only works if your build is like mine--i.e. every skill has at least one point in it. I have seen effective builds with no Thoth pieces, however I was simply stating that a general blanket statement that a bear only needs one Thoth piece is not a universal truth, no offense intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As tank: str for gear. Rest in dex.

Pretty simple!