Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Coming This Week and Changes to Mount Fang Boss Gauntlet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Snakespeare i really like what you said about taking them out completely to make room for better stuff that we/sts envisions

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Hank, thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion and keeping it constructive. I'd like to throw out the alternate viewpoint that a player who doesn't want to purchase Platinum can get everything if they have enough time to farm it. That, like much else in life, is the dividing line. Do you want to spend your time getting it, or do you want to pay to speed up the time investment? To reiterate, this premium option is optional. You can play for free, as you always have, and do runs of the current zones, fighting in to the boss and taking them down for their loot.
    Ok. Forgive me for my ignorance (on some strong meds right now, LOL) but are you stating the dungeon access purchased with plat will have a higher "legendary" drop rate than running the maps in the current manner? Example:

I run the First Floor with a PUG and Emma has, say, a 10% chamce of dropping pink. With the "plat" option, I can run the Boss Gauntlet and Emma may have a 20% chance at dropping pink. So I would have 5 bosses which have a 20% pink drop rats...make sense?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Hmm i say stick with PVP LOL
    But...I have to say this game was much better...before sl came out bc after u started charging plat for everything.....
    I only ran the winter fest 3 time for my quest and guess what i paid 6 plat for it....
    Make the game like it was before balfort sewers
    Every rare pink riht now is gonna become pinks like Ao3 lev 45 pinks...there worthless
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elitephonix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Ok. Forgive me for my ignorance (on some strong meds right now, LOL) but are you stating the dungeon access purchased with plat will have a higher "legendary" drop rate than running the maps in the current manner? Example:

I run the First Floor with a PUG and Emma has, say, a 10% chamce of dropping pink. With the "plat" option, I can run the Boss Gauntlet and Emma may have a 20% chance at dropping pink. So I would have 5 bosses which have a 20% pink drop rats...make sense?
    My guess is that drop rates will remain the same, it's only a bit quicker to kill the bosses, since you don't have to mow your way through any mobs.

But yeah, I'd also like to hear if that's the case or not.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I still want lvl 1 stashing

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apocolypze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That's my sisters birthday! Why am I getting a present?

PL Valkarya- 65 dex/int Mage~Ubernova- 51 str bear~Bearwithbow- 27 farmer dex bear~valksfarmer- 10 farmer bird
    SL Uberhealer- 40 engi

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lol totally randon twinkenstein

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

p.s. since we're talking about drop rates and balance and gauntlets, can you PLEASE restore AO1 to normal? If that gauntlet goes plat and gets drop rates adjusted, it's only fair to put the drop rates in the main levels back to normal. The rates were lowered when rushing first became a problem and they were never raised back to normal when the boss spawning solution was applied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You know... Vegas doesn't make the odds better for the rich -- they understand the Pavlov principle: You need the random rewards to draw people in. Instead the gamers are given really cheap perks -- people who might spend millions at the gaming tables get a few thousand in perks; people who spend thousands at the gaming table get maybe a few hundred in perks. But they still have to spend a lot of time in hopes of the rare high (reward).

I think in an MMO, the Pavlov reward would be the drops (in this case, pinks), as they require a whole area/campaign to be designed and programmed. So any reward involving areas should be on a random reward basis.

The cheap rewards would be the free vanities or maybe even the twitter games, or basically something that requires much fewer resources to be in the game. There could be alternative/other cheap rewards I haven't thought of. However, even cheap rewards can't be constant, or they would not be considered rewards.

I think an MMO is more complex but certainly, there should be some salivating.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 01-06-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

I have no problem with feast and madness getting this pay-to-play thing added to them, assuming this additional revenue will spur more creativity in future campaigns. Previous campaigns however I am absolutely opposed to, I too was one of those people who bought all the campaigns when they were pay-to-play and it would be incredibly unfair of STS to charge me more for something that I already paid for.

I bit my tongue pretty well here so please don't ban me again lol

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ik this is about pocket legends but Sam wen is the star legends winter festival ending just wondering because I love a big tree and snow wen I'm walking around blackstar it would be neat to keep the snow till spring then have rain or something just an idea for u and sts to ponder

P.s. Don't complain about plat it's a choice none of that gear or enchancers is needed to win ik many ppl on sl and pl at the cap hardly usin enchancers except for the free win which is all u rely need in my opinion at least and this goes for both of the sts games.
    Last edited by Zombiemurder; 01-06-2012 at 04:40 PM.

SL: zombiemurder level 35 engineer skullkiller lvl 17 commando zombiedestroy lvl 3 operative PL: skullcrushed lvl8 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they have a record of who paid for these areas. dont charge those people.
    ...and that's that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Didn't we get shields when these places went free?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can't wait so see the update.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    While technically true that others getting something easier does not diminish what someone gets, that theory is dangerously ignoring the primal reason people play these games, which is addiction. Addiction in this sense is not a bad things, and is a very real part of human nature. Addiction requires two things, a chance at a 'victory' (a high) and also a greater chance at a 'loss' (low). In this case, killing a boss and getting a pink is a high, and not getting a pink is a low. The lows are what drives the highs, as can be seen by the failure of the all pink Shadow Caves. Every roll became a victory, with no chance at a loss, so there were no lows to drive the highs, and people got annoyed.
    Currently in Mt. Fang, there is an excellent balance of highs and lows, but by adding this plat option, you are throwing off the balance for everyone involved by increasing the victories for some, which reduces the over all highs for all players. While 'sell price' and gold are just numbers on a screen, by playing, we have bought into and have contributed to the idea that those numbers have value. All Mt. Fang players want to get a Sanguine Long Bow drop because it has a ~value~ of 3 million gold, and currently are doing runs after runs in order to get that. Why? There is no real reason for it, but our minds put a high value on it, so we become addicted to the idea of having it drop. When the CS starts filling up with the bows, and they become common and drop in 'imaginary' value, that will reduce the highs of farming. Once those highs become diminished, players will slowly stop playing. They might not even know why they stopped playing, they will just feel like the game is not what it used to be, and find reasons to stop, reasons previously blocked by their minds.
    Perfectly said Fluff, I for one am AGAINST this choice by STS. Everyday something new seems to cost money in PL. I wish we could just go back to the old days when you only ha to pay for the campaigns to be a "good player".

STS...

Why not charge us for campaigns again? Or at least charge us a flat fee for the boss gauntlent...

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    My guess is that drop rates will remain the same, it's only a bit quicker to kill the bosses, since you don't have to mow your way through any mobs.

But yeah, I'd also like to hear if that's the case or not.
    As I understand it, that is the case - it would be faster to kill the bosses, but that they have the same loot tables.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiemurder View Post
    Ik this is about pocket legends but Sam wen is the star legends winter festival ending just wondering .
    Star Legends Winter Fest is also planned to end on Monday, Jan. 9th as we announced here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Fest-End-Time
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I would not be happy to pay for maps again I've already paid for

I would not want to pay to play the other lower boss gauntlets eg bayou boss brawl

As others have voiced their opinoins time and time again, I am also unimpressed with STS looking to make a quick buck from loyal players.

If I remember, STS said in their last update they were discussing the pvp kills. No mention here?

I'm a believer in the quote - if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. The game isnt broke, and the boss gauntlets do the job just fine. So why do a cowboy job to make a quick buck when you could do something amazing and delight your loyal customers instead.

Every day the players put forward their thoughts and provide suggestions and feedback into the suggestions and feedback thread in the forum- where 9/10 state they are willing to pay play for these enhancements to be made.

STS - youre not listening to your customers needs and wants. More load out slots, new game styles, new vanity items, favouriting friends lists, improved maps with new content. This is just a few suggestions of thousands out there suggested.

On a positve note, I like the PVP option
    Last edited by PatsoeGamer; 01-06-2012 at 05:19 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatsoeGamer For This Useful Post:

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

To address the concern of existing Boss Gauntlets no existing Boss Gauntlets will be removed. Instead, new ones will be added for premium access.
    | | | |

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:532705
    To address the concern of existing Boss Gauntlets no existing Boss Gauntlets will be removed. Instead, new ones will be added for premium access.
    Fantastic then we're all on the same page. Awesome update imo, gonna love that 1v1 map

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep