Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Coming This Week and Changes to Mount Fang Boss Gauntlet

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    To address the concern of existing Boss Gauntlets no existing Boss Gauntlets will be removed. Instead, new ones will be added for premium access.
    Sounds like a winner!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

To address the concern of existing Boss Gauntlets no existing Boss Gauntlets will be removed. Instead, new ones will be added for premium access.
    Will the drop rate in the current Boss Gauntlets be affected? If not, what would be the difference between the current and premium Gauntlets, or are you implying that new ones will not be added for campaigns that already have one?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So all in all the people that spend alot of plat get richer cause they can farm pinks with the quickness and flood the cs while the play for free people get to watch their long grind for farming pinks get trashed on the cs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Forgive me for asking, this may have already been mentioned, but checking I couldnt see it - Will the boss gauntlets be a 'pay per run' like the winter festival?

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    So all in all the people that spend alot of plat get richer cause they can farm pinks with the quickness and flood the cs while the play for free people get to watch their long grind for farming pinks get trashed on the cs
    That remains to be seen Roufus. There's a guy on south Congress with a sign that saying, "The End is Nigh, Repent Your Sins!" Let's please not jump to the conclusion that the sky is falling and instead wait to see how it pans out. We love the game and value our all of our players however they choose to play. If the sky does fall, we are agile and can quickly address the situation. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Will the drop rate in the current Boss Gauntlets be affected? If not, what would be the difference between the current and premium Gauntlets, or are you implying that new ones will not be added for campaigns that already have one?
    The only thing going out with the patch we have planned for Monday is the addition of a new area in Mount Fang that is a boss gauntlet that you can access with the same premium system (a la "pay per run" that Patsoe mentions below) used in the Winter Festival. The change to other area's boss gauntlets was just a head's up that we're thinking about doing that. We appreciate everyone's feedback on the subject. There is a good bit of internal discussion about it and we'll see what the design team comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    Forgive me for asking, this may have already been mentioned, but checking I couldnt see it - Will the boss gauntlets be a 'pay per run' like the winter festival?
    Yes - the new Boss Gauntlet. No change to the existing Mount Fang Boss Gauntlet.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Sorry Sam I don't seen to be understanding this, ONLY the new boss gauntlet is going to be pay per play correct? The old boss gauntlets will be free like AO and Swamps. I'm mostly worried about AO. I've still yet to get cyber and now it will be postponed even more due to midterms.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Im all thumbs up for this idea AS long as it makes the unaffordable cs greedy people to shoot their prices down so a normal person can afford some endgame gear instead of stuck with the old endgame gear cause some greedy player wants to be the big shot and feel rich. My 2 cents
    EDIT: it appears pl and sl is becoming p2p to have any sort of revenue in the game and have fun looting items aswell as leveling up imo.
    Last edited by razerfingers; 01-06-2012 at 07:25 PM.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Woo more updates that force you to buy plat, next thing you know we will be paying 2 plat everytime you want to chat in game.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Edit: Just got it...
    Last edited by Urqui; 01-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Man, I for one just won't be playin these levels. I just don't have the plat, but then again if the cs does flood and prices for everything does go down, that's not really all bad is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artentreri:532822
    Man, I for one just won't be playin these levels. I just don't have the plat, but then again if the cs does flood and prices for everything does go down, that's not really all bad is it?
    I guess its a good dispute, for the people who wanna make cash they pay the plat and in return were getting cheaper equipment. So I see where your coming from and you have changed my looks upon it. Someone may have said this In the comments above, I probably missed it. Not sure.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

That remains to be seen Roufus. There's a guy on south Congress with a sign that saying, "The End is Nigh, Repent Your Sins!" Let's please not jump to the conclusion that the sky is falling and instead wait to see how it pans out. We love the game and value our all of our players however they choose to play. If the sky does fall, we are agile and can quickly address the situation. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    Players were shouting the sky is falling when pay per play winter fest came out, but we waited and saw. Some of us felt betrayed by that but shrugged it off as a one time thing. But it seems wf 'played out' a different way for devs and it now appears it was a success. So yes, the sky is falling on some of us, but then again, the sky has fallen in many games I have played over the years. The key is to either evolve with it, or accept that you had a good run and move on. It is after all, just a game.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I just can't rap my mind around the fact that sts would make a p2p AGAIN. Last time everyone freaked out, many people rage quit. It was getting ridiculous but it's calmed down since then. I can't say this was a good move, but then again I don't know the half of it which the devs do know.

As far as it affecting me, it really doesn't. I currently never farm at all. I doubt I ever will. I just play the cs for profit and hey, nearly finished my endgame set :\ This will only make it easier for me because prices will drop slightly. I still don't like the idea, but it's not like it hurt me in any way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok so now causal players can come drop some plat and fully gear their chars and make some money so u result to using plat to get to cap then u use it to get your gear why not just add the plat items they already get for using plat to the loot tables while your at it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

There's a guy on south Congress with a sign that saying, "The End is Nigh, Repent Your Sins!" Let's please not jump to the conclusion that the sky is falling and instead wait to see how it pans out. We love the game and value our all of our players however they choose to play. If the sky does fall, we are agile and can quickly address the situation. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    Dont let others know we are screwing them hard via their wallet. If we do something to earn money that ultimately hurts us, we will address it. But until then, we will invest our time into making as much money as possible until our bubble bursts and the money dries up. See you in WoM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe:532739
    The new ones will, yes.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

So, how about stashing those components?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

After discussing with some friends, I think removing all the old gauntlets and some other maps would:

1. free app space ( for future maps )
    2. Less confusion for newer players

L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Please address

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I am also interested in the sts answer to this. Thanks!