Thread: Mouse Look

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Mouse Look

I'm having a couple issues here with chrome. One is with the mouse look. Typically when you hold the right or left mouse button the mouse would disappear and allow you to pan the camera around, and when you release the button the mouse would be in the place it was when you initially held the button. With star legends, and I realize it's probably an issue with being in the browser, when you do this the mouse will end up off the playing field and cause control issues. I was thinking about scripting up something that would reset the mouse position if the button was held for more than a second maybe in the same manner. But anyways, is there something I am overlooking with this and a way to avoid it while still using mouse look?

Another issue, I have to play full screen since the game window doesn't fit correctly, np, I'd rather do t his anyways. However, with chrome I constantly get a pop down? stating I've gone to full screen and to press f11 to exit. It gets in the way and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable this.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Yeah I've lost my mouse cursor ton of times. Got pretty annoying so I just started using shortcut keys.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mm, yeah. I ended up writing a script to fix this. Basically detects if the left mouse button is held for more than 250ms and if so, when released centers the mouse. Using right mouse button is a bit more problematic since if you go outside the 1024x768 game area when you release it you get a context menu and lose control. I could lock it inside the game area but since that doesn't happen with left mouse, meh. I'm more used to using the right mouse for mouse look but, not a big deal.

Now if I could get rid of that chrome message that shows up when you mouse near the top of the screen...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Dumb question - will your script work for the Apple Magic Mouse? It's the bluetooth mouse with no actual buttons, just one big pad that clicks and uses heat from your fingers or something to make 2 buttons.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If it's a windows OS then yes. Otherwise, no. I'd make something for mac, but I have no idea how to go about doing that really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Autohotkey? :D

Did the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Autoit 3 actually. Well if we both felt the need to do something similar, it's too bad something like that can't be implemented if it's possible to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I'm on a macbook pro...so I;m out of luck lol