Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Damage difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Damage difference.

I noticed that there is +(number) damage and +(% number) damage.

I know devs said that certain damage does not stack and my question is, doe4s anyone know if +(number) damage stacks with +(% number) damage?

I know % + % damage doesn't stack but does NON % damage stack?

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Stats always stack.

The % ones are a weird case, because unfortunately, multipliers are often described in the same way as the stats.
    Actual % stats do stack, multipliers use the worst debuff if you have one, otherwise the best buff.

For the multipliers / % stats that are modifiers to another stat, like damage, (resulting multiplier + sum of % stats) is applied to the sum of the normal stat.

Example: 1000 damage from stats, 20% damage multiplier and 30% damage multiplier, 6% from % damage stats => 1000 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.06) => 1360 damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

+(number) damage stacks. If you look at your items, many of them will say like 3.00 dmg or something. Or chaos jewels that give 1.25 damage or whatever. Take whatever that damage number is, multiply it by your bonus dmg % found in your stats, and it will increase your statistical damage by that amount. So if you had 1.25 damage from a jewel, with 400% bonus dmg, 1.25x400% = 5 so it would give you 5 damage in your stats.

%damage from pets does not stack. % damage multiplies your total stat damage by (1+x%). So lets say you have 1000 damage and you slot lancelot which gives +25% damage. Your new damage will be 1250. If you then used a 30% damage elixir, your damage would only increase to 1300 because only the greatest %damage bonus applies. So you get 30% increase from the base value of 1000, not 1250. One other thing to consider with %dmg is that any %dmg debuff will completely override your %dmg buff. So using the same numbers, lets say I have 1250 dmg and I get hit with a 25% dmg debuff. My new damage will be only be 750. I lose my entire %dmg buff, and then get debuffed from the base value of 1000.

Hopefully this all makes sense. As for elite damage or boss damage on awakenings, those do stack.

Aww man Futumsh beat me to the punch while I was typing lol.
    Last edited by Lawpvp; 01-10-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Stats always stack.

The % ones are a weird case, because unfortunately, multipliers are often described in the same way as the stats.
    Actual % stats do stack, multipliers use the worst debuff if you have one, otherwise the best buff.

For the multipliers / % stats that are modifiers to another stat, like damage, (resulting multiplier + sum of % stats) is applied to the sum of the normal stat.

Example: 1000 damage from stats, 20% damage multiplier and 30% damage multiplier, 6% from % damage stats => 1000 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.06) => 1360 damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    +(number) damage stacks. If you look at your items, many of them will say like 3.00 dmg or something. Or chaos jewels that give 1.25 damage or whatever. Take whatever that damage number is, multiply it by your bonus dmg % found in your stats, and it will increase your statistical damage by that amount. So if you had 1.25 damage from a jewel, with 400% bonus dmg, 1.25x400% = 5 so it would give you 5 damage in your stats.

%damage from pets does not stack. % damage multiplies your total stat damage by (1+x%). So lets say you have 1000 damage and you slot lancelot which gives +25% damage. Your new damage will be 1250. If you then used a 30% damage elixir, your damage would only increase to 1300 because only the greatest %damage bonus applies. So you get 30% increase from the base value of 1000, not 1250. One other thing to consider with %dmg is that any %dmg debuff will completely override your %dmg buff. So using the same numbers, lets say I have 1250 dmg and I get hit with a 25% dmg debuff. My new damage will be only be 750. I lose my entire %dmg buff, and then get debuffed from the base value of 1000.

Hopefully this all makes sense. As for elite damage or boss damage on awakenings, those do stack.

Aww man Futumsh beat me to the punch while I was typing lol.
    Ok. I think I am understanding it better now. Was just asking because I am doing an in game assessment and just needed some clarification to fully understand the battle results.

Thanks.