Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New player with a question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New player with a question

Hey everyone. I just started playing a week or so ago. I have been reading the forums alot to make sure I know what to do or what to wear. So by reading the forums I learned that the best thing i can wear at 25 is the sunwalker set. I managed to be able to afford the set and I was wondering about how long will it last me and what set should I look at getting next. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't really play a lot of SL but, that set for comm's should last you until your L30 or so, I hear a custom L30 set will do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Look into atomite gear or custom atomite. That will last you for a while until 40.

Sunwalker is the engi level 25 set and sandstorm is the comm set. Desert rat is the 25 set for ops.
    Last edited by Swampy; 01-08-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Swampy For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Swampy said it perfectly, although you probably don't need to buy the level 25 greens. You may want to save your credits until level 30 to buy the custom gear. That gear should last you until level 40.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sets go in 5 lvls 24/25 sunwalker 30 atomite 35 plasmatech 40 runetech

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wholefnshow555 View Post
    Hey everyone. I just started playing a week or so ago. I have been reading the forums alot to make sure I know what to do or what to wear. So by reading the forums I learned that the best thing i can wear at 25 is the sunwalker set. I managed to be able to afford the set and I was wondering about how long will it last me and what set should I look at getting next. Thanks!
    Start lookin into buying your lvl 30 epic set & lvl35 +the lvl 40 epic set, If you buy it now or start watching the prices you might be able to get a good deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks everyone. I just hit 30 and bought that set. The 35 set is really expensive but the 40 set is so cheap its rediculous lol. Is there any other tips you guys can give me with gear or gameplay? By the way I also read I should go pistol/shield so that is what I am doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

While you level up at slouch, you might get some greens. The greens you get in slouch has few better stats then sunwalker. So till lvl 30, i suggest you wearing those greens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

if i were you, i wouldn't bother with custom until you are at end game levels. They get very expensive and you will find yourself leveling up and being able to use the next set of gear before you really get much use of out the previous set. Unless you are going to xp lock and PvP, the slight boosts from custom sets aren't really worth the credits, which don't come as easily in SL as they did in PL. If you want the best of the best when you reach end game, you are definitely going to want to start saving up your money asap
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am wearing the lvl 30 set right now. I am thinking of skipping the lvl 35 set cause its so expensive but i have the lvl 40 set ready. Is the black widow pistol really that good? i'm using the limited heavy repeater i think and it seems good statwise. also when running maps what does rmk stand for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Use the 30 and wait until your 40. That way you save your credits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

u may find that the regular level 35 gear (plasmatech) is better than the level 30 custom gear (atomite) in many stat areas, and i am pretty sure that regular plasma stuff is pretty cheap if you wanna buy it. i would keep the custom atomite set tho because it is by far my favorite looking set of armor and what Newt wears around blackstar :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. Can you guys tell me why i can kill 100 enemies on a map and only get like 60xp? i thought it was 1xp per enemy. also what does rmk mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Well, it depends on the stage. For example, if you go to redsun pirates, stage 1, when you are level 4, you will get more xp per kill than if you are at level 9. Also, if you are on redsun pirates stage 4, you will get more xp per kill than you would on stage 1. xp depends on the enemy threat level, indicated by the orb by their health bar when you target them (sorry i can't get a screenie for you now, i'm at work). Check this link for more info on threat colors:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t=colored+orbs

rmk means remake. in each set of stages (redsun, cycorp, etc.) there is generally what people call a "grind spot." Someone will host, the group joins, they grind in the grind spot, and then remake the stage and continue. grind spots generally offer the quickest way to level up, but which grind spot is the best for each stage is a matter of opinion. if you add the host to your friend list and he accepts, you can join quick, but not everyone accepts friend requests for this purpose. you can go to the "sector map" from your menu, and in the left box, it will say something like "host name." if you type in the name of the person hosting the remakes, you can join easily by going to the sector map after each run. generally, the person saying "rmk" is the host, but if nobody does, you can type "/host" in your chat box and it will tell you who is hosting. still, some people prefer to do full stage runs. grinding in the newer campaigns can take hours upon hours (upon days), and its nice to have a change of pace every once in a while.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-12-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great answers. thanks so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey again guys. what is the best pistol/shield combo i can use at 40? Also what is the most affordable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Rmk means remake which generally signals repeating a level. Generally rmking a level is done because a certain item drops in this specific area,completing a certain quest,or if the level has paeticularly good xping rates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wholefnshow555 View Post
    Hey again guys. what is the best pistol/shield combo i can use at 40? Also what is the most affordable?
    There is a set bonus with the Plat shields and any of the three pink weapons. They're very pricey though and u also need to spend Plat to get the shield. This is a must for a good PvP player, but I wouldn't spend the money if you only PvE. I think the Nova Blaster is considered by most to be the best of the three. It has a little slower speed, so lower DPS, but damage is better than DPS for most players because it raises your skill damage as well as your weapon damage.

Edit: the Electrorazer is the cheapest of the pink weapons but I don't know how much they are going for at the moment. Check the market section of this forum and CS. If you don't see one, ask in the market forum.
    Last edited by Teddyache; 01-16-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyache View Post
    Edit: the Electrorazer is the cheapest of the pink weapons but I don't know how much they are going for at the moment. Check the market section of this forum and CS. If you don't see one, ask in the market forum.
    Guttersnipe was the cheapest last time i checked. they should go for the 20-30k price range, and i've seen razers for 60-75k lately. up to you if you want to spend the money on it though. I personally wouldn't go near the novas on the CS bc they are too expensive (100k+) and not even end game pistols anymore. to each their own

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    Guttersnipe was the cheapest last time i checked. they should go for the 20-30k price range, and i've seen razers for 60-75k lately. up to you if you want to spend the money on it though. I personally wouldn't go near the novas on the CS bc they are too expensive (100k+) and not even end game pistols anymore. to each their own
    Personally I'd just go with the guttersnipe at this point, as Lel said, they are the cheapest and they do great in pve.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums