Thread: I would like to propose an addition to guild leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default I would like to propose an addition to guild leaderboard

Ive been observing the top 50 guild thread and i came up with a few ideas , some guilds that make up the top 50 are what would be considered dead , yet they hold some of the high rank factors that are hard to change , mainly guild founding date and average account age , my proposal is that there should be a certain point when a guild becomes so inactive that they wont receive a leaderboard placement that week. I believe this will make use of the spots that are filled by abandoned guilds and get more players to try for the guild leaderboard. Tell me what you guys think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I think that if accounts inactive for more than a year didn’t count lb, it would improve the ranking

Arcane Legends Since 2012

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GucciBang For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Guild account age doesnt factor into getting into leaderboards.

To get into the initial top 50, its done based on the guilds with the most collective Achievement Points.

This is why you'll find guilds average rank doesn't match the top 50 ranks as there are smaller guilds with better overall statistics but not enough APs to make it into the Top 50.

Once in the top 50 its all about keep the balance of enough APs along with having good statistics all round so PVE/PVP/Online Activity/Etc, so might have an account which has 30k aps which is good in one area however if that account doesn't log for 300 days it will hurt the other end of the stats but that's where you then might decide if you have enough aps maybe might clean up to help online stats... and that's just a dabble of maintaining balance.

I'm pretty sure a guilds founding date has nothing to do with the ranks... that's just to pay a bit of homage to when a guild was created.

Those missing spots are created by small group of players most likely from old pvp days with high overall statistics which are floating around in small or solo guilds, so the "fix" you are suggesting wouldn't actually change or fix anything at all.

If you really want to encourage new guilds to be created and people to work their way up, best suggestion would be a more consistent posting of the results with details on forums such its always prompt every week when it also updates with game (which shout out to the devs for that in recent times again<3) and what would be cool which I'm sure used to be done before was once a month post the listing of say the top 150 guilds, so you can see the next 100 that are close to the top 50 ranks which is featured within the game itself... here's a quick thought... what if there was a link in-game above the top guilds section to this part of the forums post as well?

So coming to my honest conclusion of your suggestion, I would disagree with you mostly because it wouldn't change anything what youre suggesting and wouldn't surprise me if there was a little bias behind it.

But I have left some food for thought I hope at the very least because I'm sure at the end of the day we would both want nothing more than bettering our community in the first place ^.^

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Guild account age doesnt factor into getting into leaderboards.

To get into the initial top 50, its done based on the guilds with the most collective Achievement Points.

This is why you'll find guilds average rank doesn't match the top 50 ranks as there are smaller guilds with better overall statistics but not enough APs to make it into the Top 50.

Once in the top 50 its all about keep the balance of enough APs along with having good statistics all round so PVE/PVP/Online Activity/Etc, so might have an account which has 30k aps which is good in one area however if that account doesn't log for 300 days it will hurt the other end of the stats but that's where you then might decide if you have enough aps maybe might clean up to help online stats... and that's just a dabble of maintaining balance.

I'm pretty sure a guilds founding date has nothing to do with the ranks... that's just to pay a bit of homage to when a guild was created.

Those missing spots are created by small group of players most likely from old pvp days with high overall statistics which are floating around in small or solo guilds, so the "fix" you are suggesting wouldn't actually change or fix anything at all.

If you really want to encourage new guilds to be created and people to work their way up, best suggestion would be a more consistent posting of the results with details on forums such its always prompt every week when it also updates with game (which shout out to the devs for that in recent times again<3) and what would be cool which I'm sure used to be done before was once a month post the listing of say the top 150 guilds, so you can see the next 100 that are close to the top 50 ranks which is featured within the game itself... here's a quick thought... what if there was a link in-game above the top guilds section to this part of the forums post as well?

So coming to my honest conclusion of your suggestion, I would disagree with you mostly because it wouldn't change anything what youre suggesting and wouldn't surprise me if there was a little bias behind it.

But I have left some food for thought I hope at the very least because I'm sure at the end of the day we would both want nothing more than bettering our community in the first place ^.^

1<3
    Average account age and guild founding date are currently affecting rankings , A link to this site maybe through the leaderboard would be a really cool feature .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsanitrisesAL View Post
    Average account age and guild founding date are currently affecting rankings , A link to this site maybe through the leaderboard would be a really cool feature .
    Not to get into the initial top 50...
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Not to get into the initial top 50...
    Im aware of this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Im aware of this
    Im aware of this
    An I shouldnt need to point this out if youve been checking the rankings thread but the current 1st ranked guild...

(12) 1792.7 (32) 2016-09-07 15:40:57

The above shows that their average account age rank is 12th, and their average date of creation is 32nd...

If you really want to move your guild forward within the top 5, by the looks of it what you should be working on is your average APS and PVE kills which is ranked the worst out of the rest of the guilds within the top 5 as an average.

Those 2 categories hold a lot more weight in the rankings than average account age and founding dates... thus proven by a guild that's currently ranked number 1

Hopefully, that should help clear things up better in understanding as I've said above why I'm against it and only looking at this purely at a fair and constructive perspective.
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

An I shouldnt need to point this out if youve been checking the rankings thread but the current 1st ranked guild...

(12) 1792.7 (32) 2016-09-07 15:40:57

The above shows that their average account age rank is 12th, and their average date of creation is 32nd...

If you really want to move your guild forward within the top 5, by the looks of it what you should be working on is your average APS and PVE kills which is ranked the worst out of the rest of the guilds within the top 5 as an average.

Those 2 categories hold a lot more weight in the rankings than average account age and founding dates... thus proven by a guild that's currently ranked number 1

Hopefully, that should help clear things up better in understanding as I've said above why I'm against it and only looking at this purely at a fair and constructive perspective.
    your best and worst rank are discarded before even making the calculations so that category isnt weighing us down a bit actually

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

your best and worst rank are discarded before even making the calculations so that category isnt weighing us down a bit actually
    Well who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks eh XD

But that means that solves your AP area out so just PVE Kills to work on, maybe do an event promoting pve kill gains for a booster?

Like Saltbae, sprinkle that positivity all over ^.^
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks eh XD

But that means that solves your AP area out so just PVE Kills to work on, maybe do an event promoting pve kill gains for a booster?

Like Saltbae, sprinkle that positivity all over ^.^
    I've always been the type of player who laughs at those with low pve or I'm the type of player u see with 10k pve at level 40 but people don't really care about pve anymore they just care about leveling back then it was so hard to level. I would run dead city like a million times you would see a level 30 with 200k pve nowadays thats impossible thats why those top guilds stay there

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickram View Post
    I've always been the type of player who laughs at those with low pve or I'm the type of player u see with 10k pve at level 40 but people don't really care about pve anymore they just care about leveling back then it was so hard to level. I would run dead city like a million times you would see a level 30 with 200k pve nowadays thats impossible thats why those top guilds stay there

While this may contribute it the biggest factor is the work that the guildmaster does weekly in order to improve , such as noting players that are below par on requirements, and removing inactive players so they dont weigh down the activity brackets . (my guild used to have 2000 something members ) took me over an hour to complete each week -,- complete hell , we shrunk significantly for leaderboard and we are at #4 . Most of the high statistic playerbase goes to the top few guilds . This makes it hard to change ranks and it gets harder as you go up the list . I guess over the years the scores for the top guilds rose so high it made the categories stubborn .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickram View Post

Back then it was harder to make gold, so it wasn't just being interested in PvE, you had to do the grind the pay the bills. It is a lot easier nowadays so numbers have gone down... also with so many more new players, the percentage of older accounts with those kills will be a lot more obscure.

The only reason I can see people have nowadays really to build up and farm those PvE kills is for leaderboard or getting into a guild with a min requirement... you don't even get any APs after 10k kills so what other reason would you have to farm those kills besides the conscience of farming for gold or gears.

While this may contribute it the biggest factor is the work that the guildmaster does weekly in order to improve , such as noting players that are below par on requirements, and removing inactive players so they dont weigh down the activity brackets . (my guild used to have 2000 something members ) took me over an hour to complete each week -,- complete hell , we shrunk significantly for leaderboard and we are at #4 . Most of the high statistic playerbase goes to the top few guilds . This makes it hard to change ranks and it gets harder as you go up the list . I guess over the years the scores for the top guilds rose so high it made the categories stubborn .
    I can't say Id agree with it being a guild master's job to go through their members and removing people who don't meet your requirements to fulfill your desire to move up the leaderboards.

You've already experienced the fact that quality is more important than quantity by cutting your member numbers back from 2000 significantly to move up the ranks...With that in mind another way you could do it,is go and help those members not quite up to par to requirements, get those averages up together and same time create a better bond which also helps keep retention within your guild and as time progresses those members you've retained and helped become those members that you were looking to recruit.

You could keep going to a supermarket to buy an apple a day... or you could plant a seed, nurture it and over time with consistent care grow your own apples for the foreseeable future.

Those guilds you see that have stayed consistently at the top over the years most likely have grown their own trees... When you have to keep buying your apples however it comes with its own set of problems/stresses and it can be sustained... but the pressure is always there and unfortunately in most cases its just a matter of time as everyone has their thresholds.

Now with moving up the ranks it just boils down to how much you're going to dedicate yourself to it, then maintain it and again because we are all human why you'll always see slight changes but it will never come overnight if you're going with the growing your own tree method... it takes a lot of graft and perseverance at the start but once you start bearing fruit the pressures drastically drop and you start to thrive instead so you reap the rewards but it all takes one other key ingredient... and that is Time.

You could go with the buying apples as well to move up but as I've mentioned the pressure is a lot greater and at the end of the day all your doing is trying to sustain with constant stresses as apposed to reaping the rewards and having legit fun.

When you are thriving instead you are in a much more positive environment and that would be something that should be promoted, having an older guild with a better average account age is usually a good indicator of a place that's again.. grown its own apple tree.
    Godfather of Arlor