Quote Originally Posted by Beakofjustice View Post
So why bother being an ambassador? What really is the point of having a title? Most of us have been helping others ever since we started playing... So why do you need a title to do that?
Ah, now we are on topic.

You ask why bother. Why organize the efforts to help the noobs? I can't speak for them, so I will guess. Early on after the first wave of GoAs, there was a section of the boards created for "Community Leaders". People were invited based on their join date, as well as the GoAs (we were about 6 at the time.) Everybody brainstorm, we were told, on how to help new players get started up and running. We threw out a few ideas, but frankly, we were not the group to do it. That board slowed after about ten days to almost no posts. We tried to start a group and discussed helping new people and the ins and outs of reporting, but that, too, petered out after a few days.

So they founded the AoAs. And look! They are not floundering. They are not petering out. They continue to help and they meet and discuss. It's better than it was.

So my guess is, all along the devs wanted to help the noobs. That's the reason.