Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A question about luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default A question about luck

Hi guys can someone explain why no people use luck/reroll enhancement in running Orrick or Hydra? Is that it will lower the chance to loot arcane item? thanks!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by athenabb View Post
    Hi guys can someone explain why no people use luck/reroll enhancement in running Orrick or Hydra? Is that it will lower the chance to loot arcane item? thanks!
    Luck never lowers your chance to loot an arcane. If you roll an arcane with your initial roll, no matter how much luck you have, it doesn't reroll.

Luck rules... If your loot reroll would trigger:
    * If your initial roll is an Arcane or Heroic, you don't reroll.
    * If your initial roll is common, rare, or epic, and the loot table has things of the next rarity up, you get one of those.
    * For all other rarities of initial roll, you roll again from everything, and you get whichever is more rare of your rolls.

For luck purposes, the 'more rare' order is common < rare < epic < legendary < mythic < vanity < spirit < set < arcane < heroic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Luck never lowers your chance to loot an arcane. If you roll an arcane with your initial roll, no matter how much luck you have, it doesn't reroll.

Luck rules... If your loot reroll would trigger:
    * If your initial roll is an Arcane or Heroic, you don't reroll.
    * If your initial roll is common, rare, or epic, and the loot table has things of the next rarity up, you get one of those.
    * For all other rarities of initial roll, you roll again from everything, and you get whichever is more rare of your rolls.

For luck purposes, the 'more rare' order is common < rare < epic < legendary < mythic < vanity < spirit < set < arcane < heroic.
    Hello so lets say my initial loot in Orrick/Hydra was a legendary. If my loot reroll activates does that mean I get a set? or does it stay as a legendary because there is no mythic loot table. (I don't actually know if there is a mythic, or spirit loot in those bosses but for this purpose lets say there isnt).
    Basically I am wondering if loot reroll can skip a rarity if there is no loot in the rarity right next to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    Hello so lets say my initial loot in Orrick/Hydra was a legendary. If my loot reroll activates does that mean I get a set? or does it stay as a legendary because there is no mythic loot table. (I don't actually know if there is a mythic, or spirit loot in those bosses but for this purpose lets say there isnt).
    Basically I am wondering if loot reroll can skip a rarity if there is no loot in the rarity right next to it.
    If you reroll a legendary in orrick/hydra, you will get something "better". Let's just put it like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I’m so happy to hear about this because every time I enter there some other players tell me to not use my lucky equipment
    and then they come and go from the map infinitely

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    If your first roll is a legendary, it rolls again from everything, and if your second roll is mythic/vanity/spirit/set/arcane/heroic you get that, and if not, you get the legendary.

If your first roll is common/rare/epic, and there is nothing in the loot table for the next rarity up, you get the first roll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If your first roll is a legendary, it rolls again from everything, and if your second roll is mythic/vanity/spirit/set/arcane/heroic you get that, and if not, you get the legendary.

If your first roll is common/rare/epic, and there is nothing in the loot table for the next rarity up, you get the first roll.
    So, what you are saying is that upon defeating a boss, whether it be hydra/orrick or any other boss, when a re-rolled legendary item occurs, it has a chance of being common/rare/epic/mythic/vanity/set/arcane/heroic and when you actually receive a mythic/vanity/set/arcane/heroic you get the initial item instead of something different?

Just asking because I always assumed that legendary and below "always" re-rolls to a greater rarity rather than the same or lesser rarity. This would mean anything below mythic rarity has the chance of turning into something of lesser rarity.

Just a bit confused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy View Post
    So, what you are saying is that upon defeating a boss, whether it be hydra/orrick or any other boss, when a re-rolled legendary item occurs, it has a chance of being common/rare/epic/mythic/vanity/set/arcane/heroic and when you actually receive a mythic/vanity/set/arcane/heroic you get the initial item instead of something different?

Just asking because I always assumed that legendary and below "always" re-rolls to a greater rarity rather than the same or lesser rarity. This would mean anything below mythic rarity has the chance of turning into something of lesser rarity.

Just a bit confused.
    Common to epic- reroll to get +1 rarity.
    Legendary- reroll success! After that reroll 2nd time again on the same item to get better rarity item(mythic/set/arcane/heroic).
    Mythic-heroic- reroll doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    Common to epic- reroll to get +1 rarity.
    Legendary- reroll success! After that reroll 2nd time again on the same item to get better rarity item(mythic/set/arcane/heroic).
    Mythic-heroic- reroll doesn't work.
    The red part is still confusing. Not understanding 2nd reroll.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy View Post
    The red part is still confusing. Not understanding 2nd reroll.
    Initial roll picks a legendary item.
    Loot reroll triggers, second roll picks from entire loot table.
    If the second item picked isn't mythic/vanity/spirit/set/arcane/heroic, you get the legendary item from your initial roll, otherwise you get the mythic/vanity/spirit/set/arcane/heroic from your second roll (rarity is never downgraded).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Initial roll picks a legendary item.
    Loot reroll triggers, second roll picks from entire loot table.
    If the second item picked isn't mythic/vanity/spirit/set/arcane/heroic, you get the legendary item from your initial roll, otherwise you get the mythic/vanity/spirit/set/arcane/heroic from your second roll (rarity is never downgraded).
    Thanks for clarification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

So basically this means that a re-roll doesn't automatically make your item a higher rarity, but rather just lets you have another chance at the whole loot table to get a better item.

For example my initial roll is Legendary, that means that if I reroll, the second item is very likely to be common/rare/epic, so I end up getting the message that I re-rolled, but I get to keep the initial item.

Right?

I think this is the 420th time that this is getting explained, and we still aren't sure. XD
    Retired

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    So basically this means that a re-roll doesn't automatically make your item a higher rarity, but rather just lets you have another chance at the whole loot table to get a better item.

For example my initial roll is Legendary, that means that if I reroll, the second item is very likely to be common/rare/epic, so I end up getting the message that I re-rolled, but I get to keep the initial item.

Right?

I think this is the 420th time that this is getting explained, and we still aren't sure. XD
    Exact rules are listed above, as clearly as I can write them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

It would be lovely to see a message that states what the item rolled from such as:

Stinky sword rerolled to Beautiful sword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

Guys just know that having high luck on you will bring you better loot that's it! And you can use hisha etc everything , nothing downgrades the loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Thanks for taking your time to explain everything sir. Looks like I missed one of the posts so yeah it’s all clear for me now. XD
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

very informative, love this discussion. thanks
    Rise Up! Soldier and Fight to death!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

can we have this kind of luck process also for gold loot? Lol

first rolls u get high gold 10%, it roll again you get gold 20%... and so on