Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Thoughts on “Al Second Server”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Community Thoughts on “Al Second Server”

Just curious, what are everyone’s thoughts if STS decided to make a second server?

Starting from the very beginning when it was first released back in November of 2012.

In my opinion, I’d say this would be a great idea! Bring back that old school feeling.

My second option(which most of you would find dreadful) is if The Team, decided to ‘Relaunch’ the game all over again. Deleting the the old one in the process... but then ‘advertising’ it!

Also my opinion, id say this is agreeably a good idea too.

Any thoughts?

No right or wrong answers.

If you disagree, please explain why?

Just curious from what everyone’s opinion would be.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I was think of the same idea for months and It would be really cool to have these old school moments that we all had and want to experience again. I don't think they will delete the previous server, because they are earning a lot of $$ from it and I disagree with deleting it, because all of the time that we spent and lost in this game will be for nothing.
    Last edited by Faotblack; 01-31-2020 at 11:56 PM.
    "Control is an illusion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

This second server thing sounds perfect, +100000. I miss those good old days when I first got my level 31 runic gun back when it first came out.

Relaunching the game would also be cool, although as the guy said earlier. All those hours and money spent on the game would be for nothing if they terminate the old one. I’m all in for the second server though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

I'd come back for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Play hardcore mode if you want old school style
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

A second server in Asia would be awesome. There'll be no struggle with ping then. Also advertising the game would be great. -1 for deleting lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    Explain me how hardcore mode is old school.
    "Control is an illusion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    Die once, pay a ton of platinum to revive. Hardcore mode does not bring back the old aspects of the game. Sir, this is not the way "old school style" should be described as.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Risinglegendx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Deleting the game is a big nope, I am not saying no, just 99.9% of the players who have actual progress in this expansion are, a second server sounds great and all, however, think about the costs, I highly doubt StS has enough money to spend on a whole new server. The best bet StS would have to "delete" the game, would be a relaunch, a separate game, same title, older times. Yes, this does sound good, but, think about the current player base, its certainly dwindled since 2015, or AL's prime. I believe a relaunch would just fragment the player base even more. People would move to the relaunched game who miss old AL (me), and those who have not played old AL would most likely stay on the current version, as they have no interest in playing this game without 500% Gold Loot, or 300% Movement Speed, or 100+ pets, or the heroic rarity. It sounds good when you think about it, yes. But then you write the cons out, and it just does not add up.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

The game is dead when there is no event, 2nd server is not necessary.

I found it as a thread wishing for a time machine, that will make past mistakes of not hoarding heraldic and crier set or old stuff and make everything predictable.

Just my perspective about it.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Overgrown; 02-01-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

It would be nice to have a second server. I'm not sure how much it would cost STS though.
    People would most likely play both and buy plat on both, I would buy more on second server because I would know more now than I did then. I didn't know about Google gift cards until I was well into the game.
    It's most people's dream to be able to go back and do certain things differently though.
    Still..it would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

If sts actualy does this id be happiest person ever xD
    But never gonna happen, so meh...

Послато са SM-A600G помоћу Тапатока

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

As a returning player that just came back from a 3 year break I would never have returned if it was a new server. It was nice to return and have all my old stuff and now I’m ready to start playing again. Sometimes you just need a break to get back into it again.

Like others have said it just sounds like a reason to know what to save and what not to save for future profit. This game has an amazing economy that constantly fluctuates. And with the ability to buy almost anything in the game in auction you never really have to spend any real money.

Technically you could just start a new account and play old school the whole game if you wanted to. No need to have any awakenings or bring any op people with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

How would u hv the 2nd server if the current server barely survive.

If STS creating the 2nd server and the old school days system implemented as it was, it would be dang cool. I hv flashback when we were struggling to farm the wtf elite Nordr, and the red locked of the watch dropped by jarl lol.
    But the thing is, the player base is not as active as it was, welp sts can make a test server to asses the amount of player so it wont be a problem. Lets hope the OGs are coming and tipping on this post to support this idea to make it happen.
    Im postively +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Great opinions guys, keep them coming! I knew we were going to have two sides to this. From the looks of it, most of you agree for a second server. Others not so much, and that’s fine.

I am aware how much servers cost, they’re not cheap by all means.(did just a bit of research) who knows how much STS pays but it’s probably a good amount.

The hardcore concept doesn’t really do it for me, I’ve tried it. Just doesn’t bring that feeling of when I first played.

Obviously, I don’t think they would make a whole new server or relaunch the game and terminate this one.

Even if we all agreed for The Team to do so, I highly doubt they would. Too many risks involved since AL is their biggest Pay check.

But on the other hand, this concept isn’t so far fetched. It would be something to think about in the near future of the game. Considering the game is now more than 7 years old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Wait you suggest deleting my character and wonder what I think about that?!?
    No

Hc mode already divides the player base making the game seem more “dead”, making another server with the same game would do that even more. I don’t have this nostalgia, I remember when we completed S1 and someone said, “that’s it huh?”
    We went right back to pl

Nopesauce
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    As a returning player that just came back from a 3 year break I would never have returned if it was a new server. It was nice to return and have all my old stuff and now I’m ready to start playing again. Sometimes you just need a break to get back into it again.

Like others have said it just sounds like a reason to know what to save and what not to save for future profit. This game has an amazing economy that constantly fluctuates. And with the ability to buy almost anything in the game in auction you never really have to spend any real money.

Technically you could just start a new account and play old school the whole game if you wanted to. No need to have any awakenings or bring any op people with you.
    I tried it and it's not the same. We level up too quickly, bosses don't drop the same loot either. I even tried it not taking the quests so I wouldn't be at Tindirin before I finished Kraken.
    Also, there's nobody else to party doing it that way.
    I understand what you mean..there are advantages and disadvantages though.
    Having a second server is probably a pipe dream but it's a nice dream all the same. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

Just start a new character, i dont see how restarting the game or make a new server would do any good

I have play for 4 years now and i still always have something to do, and no the game is not dead, just check the view for each new event announcement, still alot of people

And i also use my friendlist to estimate activity, 1k players very active on it

This request make me think it come from someone who never put any effort into the game and is now too lazy to reach the ones who have loll maybe im wrong tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post

Just start a new character, i dont see how restarting the game or make a new server would do any good

I have play for 4 years now and i still always have something to do, and no the game is not dead, just check the view for each new event announcement, still alot of people

And i also use my friendlist to estimate activity, 1k players very active on it

This request make me think it come from someone who never put any effort into the game and is now too lazy to reach the ones who have loll maybe im wrong tho
    Well I’ve been playing for 6 years and counting. To me farming gold is not something to do... I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game, and me personally, I wouldn’t mind starting over. If it meant starting from the absolute beginning of when the game was released.

But, let’s put it your way. You farm 100m gold, okay now what?

You buy the best gear, okay now what?

You buy a highly expensive vanity, okay and now what?

Just sit in maps? Run lb? For a badge you don’t keep?

Maybe I’m wrong, and you see this as “fun”, but in my opinion this isn’t fun. Again, just my own opinion.

Also I’m in a guild with 230 members whom been inactive since 2016. And that’s just 1 guild. Imagine all 20-40 other guilds who had the same fate as mine.

(there were guilds out there who had over 1k members who have never been on lb, just so you know)

Just because forum says “X” views doesn’t mean every single one of them plays... I have a bud who checks forum every other month. Does that mean he plays? No... he just checks forum to see if it’s still worth coming back.

From a response like yours, I don’t think you ever knew how much fun it actually was playing back then in 2013-mid 2016. Wether you were a noob or pro, it was still fun.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Well I’ve been playing for 6 years and counting. To me farming gold is not something to do... I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game, and me personally, I wouldn’t mind starting over. If it meant starting from the absolute beginning of when the game was released.

But, let’s put it your way. You farm 100m gold, okay now what?

You buy the best gear, okay now what?

You buy a highly expensive vanity, okay and now what?

Just sit in maps? Run lb? For a badge you don’t keep?

Maybe I’m wrong, and you see this as “fun”, but in my opinion this isn’t fun. Again, just my own opinion.

Also I’m in a guild with 230 members whom been inactive since 2016. And that’s just 1 guild. Imagine all 20-40 other guilds who had the same fate as mine.

(there were guilds out there who had over 1k members who have never been on lb, just so you know)

Just because forum says “X” views doesn’t mean every single one of them plays... I have a bud who checks forum every other month. Does that mean he plays? No... he just checks forum to see if it’s still worth coming back.

From a response like yours, I don’t think you ever knew how much fun it actually was playing back then in 2013-mid 2016. Wether you were a noob or pro, it was still fun.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.

Got your point, also I understand what the other one is saying.

Done is done that's what I can say, the only thing we need is something to do, something that everyone will able to do from f2p to p2p players will enjoy in the future.

Your request is like everyone is a modern man, and requesting gods to reset the world on its prehistoric time, then what is exciting and fun there? Where you can already make nuclear bombs on the time where people barley able to stand straight.

Hope you get my point bro.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk