Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community Thoughts on “Al Second Server”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post

Just start a new character, i dont see how restarting the game or make a new server would do any good

I have play for 4 years now and i still always have something to do, and no the game is not dead, just check the view for each new event announcement, still alot of people

And i also use my friendlist to estimate activity, 1k players very active on it

This request make me think it come from someone who never put any effort into the game and is now too lazy to reach the ones who have loll maybe im wrong tho
    Been playing over 6 years now and I have put effort and real money into the game.
    I thought you would have known that.
    Anyway, as much as I agree with the OP...I don't think it will happen unfortunately.
    So many people have left, they may still be in fl but how many actually play? They just log in to check auction, count their gold and log out again. Some log in to chat and some just to see if it's worth staying. I know this because I'm turning into one of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Community Thoughts on “Al Second Server”

Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    Got your point, also I understand what the other one is saying.

Done is done that's what I can say, the only thing we need is something to do, something that everyone will able to do from f2p to p2p players will enjoy in the future.

Your request is like everyone is a modern man, and requesting gods to reset the world on its prehistoric time, then what is exciting and fun there? Where you can already make nuclear bombs on the time where people barley able to stand straight.

Hope you get my point bro.

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    I understand your point, it just like us living in the future in the year 3,000 and then the Gods decide to erase the universe and then remake it, with all of us starting back from the Year 2,000. If this is what you understood, then you are correct... for the ‘Second option’ ... anyways...

The first option would be if the Gods made a second universe starting from the year 2,000. (Examples so You can I could get the point)

Maybe some of you are misreading?

Apologies if I may offend you. The first option, consists of making a second server of AL, starting from the beginning.

While the second option is about relaunching the same game deleting the old one but advertising it “all in one go”.

I’m assuming the ones who disagree are just reading the second option and skipping the first one? Thank you for contributing your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 02-01-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Maybe some of you are misreading?

Apologies if I may offend you. The first option, consists of making a second server of AL, starting from the beginning.

While the second option is about relaunching the same game deleting the old one but advertising it “all in one go”.

I’m assuming the ones who disagree are just reading the second option and skipping the first one?
    Nope
    I still disagree with both those, for the reasons I gave
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Nope
    I still disagree with both those, for the reasons I gave
    That’s fine, you’re entitled to your own opinion. The majority liked it, some didn’t.

This is just something to think about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Just curious, what are everyone’s thoughts if STS decided to make a second server?

Starting from the very beginning when it was first released back in November of 2012.

In my opinion, I’d say this would be a great idea! Bring back that old school feeling.

My second option(which most of you would find dreadful) is if The Team, decided to ‘Relaunch’ the game all over again. Deleting the the old one in the process... but then ‘advertising’ it!
    To your 1st point/opinion, all I can see is the fun of able to predict everything, hoarding the right stuff and being ready for whatever will happen next.
    The "old school" feeling will never return, DONE IS DONE.
    And not everyone is closed to the past, others have their eyes are in the future.

The game is dead when there is no event, 2nd server is not necessary.

I found it as a thread wishing for a time machine, that will make past mistakes of not hoarding heraldic and crier set or old stuff and make everything predictable.

Just my perspective about it.

Done is done that's what I can say, the only thing we need is something to do, something that everyone will able to do from f2p to p2p players will enjoy in the future.

Your request is like everyone is a modern man, and requesting gods to reset the world on its prehistoric time, then what is exciting and fun there? Where you can already make nuclear bombs on the time where people barely able to stand straight.

The 2nd question already answered, the game barely have good number of population, maps and towns are dead when there is no event, yes cuz the reason is nothing to do. SO what's the point of relaunching it? and having 2 servers? to split the population?

Great opinions guys, keep them coming! I knew we were going to have two sides to this. From the looks of it, most of you agree for a second server. Others not so much, and that’s fine.

I am aware how much servers cost, they’re not cheap by all means.(did just a bit of research) who knows how much STS pays but it’s probably a good amount.
    there is your answer on your 2nd question.

My suggestion is, work on the improvement of the current system. Upgrade the servers, improve advertising and bring the community something to do.

Relaunching then advertising, can they just advertise more? relaunching is unnecessary
    like this advertising about glacian way back its release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMFDDDnnII they lack advertising like this now.

On the servers, upgrade not new one (due to the effects and aura's they added.)
    Last edited by Overgrown; 02-01-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Community Thoughts on “Al Second Server”

To your 1st point/opinion, all I can see is the fun of able to predict everything, hoarding the right stuff and being ready for whatever will happen next.
    The "old school" feeling will never return, DONE IS DONE.
    And not everyone is closed to the past, others have their eyes are in the future.

The 2nd question already answered, the game barely have good number of population, maps and towns are dead when there is no event, yes cuz the reason is nothing to do. SO what's the point of relaunching it? and having 2 servers? to split the population?

there is your answer on your 2nd question.

My suggestion is, work on the improvement of the current system. Upgrade the servers, improve advertising and bring the community something to do.

Relaunching then advertising, can they just advertise more? relaunching is unnecessary
    like this advertising about glacian way back its release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMFDDDnnII they lack advertising like this now.

On the servers, upgrade not new one (due to the effects and aura's they added.)
    Alright, I’m assuming you mean “hoarding the right stuff” as in heraldics and all those fancy armors. Alright what happens if they get bound to your character after you buy them? What then?

What happens if they change their entire year layout? So it isn’t the exact same as their original, Maul coming out at level 36 cap, kershal coming out at level 26 cap. Expansions happening every two years. Instead of them happening yearly?

Yes, you’re right the old school feeling will never return, but the great thing about these types of games is there’s always the possibility. Since they can play God when ever they feel like it.

Not all are set on the future and yet not all are set on the past. But please do tell what future do you see this game having within the next two years? In this current state? I’m just REALLY curious to what you may see.

Yes the game barely has any population. But, do you know why? Why it has such low population? It’s not because “no event means no fun” that might be the problem NOW. But that’s not it’s reason for such low population.

If you don’t know, I’ll give you a hint. It starts with “A” and ends with “system” and it was released around mid 2016. That’s when player population was starting to decline. The main reason it started dying off.

The point of relaunching, so it can be fresh and new. If they relaunch the game and then advertise it! When I say advertise, I don’t mean just YouTube, I mean social media in general. Facebook/instagram/etc... it will bring old players back and new ones as-well. Look what happened to “Final Fantasy XIV” after they relaunched it. It became highly successful. Launched 2010, relaunched in 2013, still relevant in today’s times.

Almost everyone has been saying “they should focus on the expansion”, “they should focus more on content”, “they should focus on improving the current system”.
    Well they did... for the past 3-4 years now... and I hope you’re enjoying it’s current state...

Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 02-01-2020 at 07:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

The past is the past and should stay that way we need to live in the present day. And look towards the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarysmerf View Post
    The past is the past and should stay that way we need to live in the present day. And look towards the future.
    Idk Ops got a point, what the future of this game? I heard they making a new game but knowing that most of their recent games, after AL haven’t been so successful, not to be mean or nothin. But I don’t think this new game goin be that much better than the last one. The present is boring man, I think the only reason you say what you said is because you farm gold and to you that’s fun, but to me that’s borin, like gold said, after you get that 100m and op gears and nice vanity, then what we do? I hope STS knows that now that Gold Loot is a thing, all you have to do is buy platinum once, and get 500% gold loot and farm gold, you’ll never have to spend real money on the game again. Aye man, I bet if you was in our shoes you wouldn’t think the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Why delete a game that still has players and is making them money? lol what? as for making a classic server, that I am in favor of, but there is no point in deleting the present servers. Did Blizzard delete current wow when they made classic? no, and classic wow proved that you can't recreate memories from the past and expect them to feel the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Why delete a game that still has players and is making them money? lol what? as for making a classic server, that I am in favor of, but there is no point in deleting the present servers. Did Blizzard delete current wow when they made classic? no, and classic wow proved that you can't recreate memories from the past and expect them to feel the same.
    I understand your point, but you can’t compare WoW to AL. It isn’t fair for them, WoW is a billion dollar company and Space Time is a bit small in comparison to one of the biggest game franchises in the world. I’m sure if STS had ten times the amount of money from what they have now. They would have made a second server by now.

Also you can recreate memories from the past... it all depends on the individual, rather if they feel the same or not. For example, I use to play a game ‘epic war 5’ about 10 years ago. When I first played it, I thought it was the best computer game I’ve ever played in my entire life, now 10 years later I recently found it, and all those great feelings from when I first played came back to me when I started playing again.

My point is, it really depends on the individual. Rather how much that game really meant to you personally.

Also, I appreciate you agreeing to one of the two options.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

-1 second server will get boring aswell.
    Try make a new char / hardcore char if you want to relive the old days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Risinglegendx View Post
    Die once, pay a ton of platinum to revive. Hardcore mode does not bring back the old aspects of the game. Sir, this is not the way "old school style" should be described as.

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

Hc mode already divides the player base making the game seem more “dead”,
    Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    -1 second server will get boring aswell.
    Try make a new char / hardcore char if you want to relive the old days.
    Not the same. If it was,I’m sure a lot of player would have been hardcore now. Only reason player make hardcore toon is for aps, not for fun.

Create new character also not same, gears are very different from back then to now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I wouldnt mind playing a second server back in the old times. At least back then class was slightly more balanced and pvp was fun/active

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giant bench View Post
    Not the same. If it was,I’m sure a lot of player would have been hardcore now. Only reason player make hardcore toon is for aps, not for fun.

Create new character also not same, gears are very different from back then to now.
    I dissagree on the hardcore part. I made a hardcore toon for fun.. and with me a lot others.. Dont try to talk for others if you have no idea lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Well I’ve been playing for 6 years and counting. To me farming gold is not something to do... I’ve spent thousands of dollars on this game, and me personally, I wouldn’t mind starting over. If it meant starting from the absolute beginning of when the game was released.

But, let’s put it your way. You farm 100m gold, okay now what?

You buy the best gear, okay now what?

You buy a highly expensive vanity, okay and now what?

Just sit in maps? Run lb? For a badge you don’t keep?

So if this is your only goal in the game, making another server will change how you see the game?

On top of all what you are saying there is the social aspect of the game and the fact that the most long you play,

the most unique your character become, with what you gather from all those event etc ofc if you have play with multiple character

you don't really get that feeling but we all have our view of what is fun and what not.

Maybe I’m wrong, and you see this as “fun”, but in my opinion this isn’t fun. Again, just my own opinion.

Also I’m in a guild with 230 members whom been inactive since 2016. And that’s just 1 guild. Imagine all 20-40 other guilds who had the same fate as mine.

(there were guilds out there who had over 1k members who have never been on lb, just so you know)

Just because forum says “X” views doesn’t mean every single one of them plays... I have a bud who checks forum every other month. Does that mean he plays? No... he just checks forum to see if it’s still worth coming back.

I don't say the number of view equal to number of active player, i just say that it give a very good idea

From a response like yours, I don’t think you ever knew how much fun it actually was playing back then in 2013-mid 2016. Wether you were a noob or pro, it was still fun.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.

And also if you have read the 2020 letter to the community, it doesn't feel like this game is dying at all, it is the opposite, since i play it is the first time i heard STS saying that it go so well that they have hire more people!!

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 8.44.45 AM.png
Views: 129
Size:  118.9 KB

Maybe you think the game is less active cuz of course in the beginning, Arlor was lot more small, there was no house etc...

With Arlor expension the player are not gathering into the same map anymore, so it is probably why it give you this feeling.

But when major event is there, just look that crowd near those portal, i don't feel it is inactive at all,

As for my friend list, i clean it up very often and i can say that on 1k friend with less than 15-20 day inactivity, the majority log in everyday or less than 2-3 days.

So i am sorry but the idea of making another server will only divide the community and will not be healthy at all for the game,

All my friends are against this idea, so please stop saying the majority want it and only a few don't, this is not based on the reality,

Thank you and have a very nice day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    And also if you have read the 2020 letter to the community, it doesn't feel like this game is dying at all, it is the opposite, since i play it is the first time i heard STS saying that it go so well that they have hire more people!!

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 8.44.45 AM.png
Views: 129
Size:  118.9 KB

Maybe you think the game is less active cuz of course in the beginning, Arlor was lot more small, there was no house etc...

With Arlor expension the player are not gathering into the same map anymore, so it is probably why it give you this feeling.

But when major event is there, just look that crowd near those portal, i don't feel it is inactive at all,

As for my friend list, i clean it up very often and i can say that on 1k friend with less than 15-20 day inactivity, the majority log in everyday or less than 2-3 days.

So i am sorry but the idea of making another server will only divide the community and will not be healthy at all for the game,

All my friends are against this idea, so please stop saying the majority want it and only a few don't, this is not based on the reality,

Thank you and have a very nice day
    This is great news to hear! Took them 3 years but atleast it’s a good start.

Level gap is a problem which is why I when I make a new toon from level 1. I join pve maps and there is nobody there, because everyone is either level 10 or 20.

It’s not like back in the day where if you were to join a pve map, there would already be 2-4 players already there.(another reason why I think the game is dying)

The reason I say majority ‘like this idea’ is because the majority of who ‘commented’ like the idea. That’s where I get that from...

You also have a nice day, I appreciate the information.