Thread: Going All Out FFA!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Angry Going All Out FFA!!!

Ok so here is what basically this thread is for - summing up all those scattered threads on pl forums bout no more 1vs1.
    It's simple as that: NO MORE 1VS1 in maps. Instead of being 1vs1 unless stated, why shouldn't it be the other way round?? (If u look closely, the maps' descriptions have "team deathmatch" in them, instead of "1-1" )
    So if u enter a map now, instead of asking "FFA?" u ask "1vs1"? Plus if u rlly wanna challenge another player to 1vs1 there's always the new 1-1 map coming out soon (so i heard, or it could already be out).

For all those that have dearly missed the old non-competitive-friendly-and-full-of-sportsmanship gaming that PL once had,
    Crest
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crestmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I support this movement 100%

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

lol k... I'm such a hipster at this
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    lol k... I'm such a hipster at this
    Lol ya. Did u know that i started this thread cuz i saw ur post? :>

Edit: the one bout the rusher concerted thing
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Eh... well takes some adapting. I don't want to go grab a snack or something and come back dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I like it. I'm so sick of 1v1 someone, owning them, they get mad and rush me -_- Hopefully this will help that alot because everyone is "rushing." lol I'm in full support.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Or... you can always make your own game or leave if people don't want to ffa. Just like in pve, should always respect the hosts intent. There are always alternatives.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Or... you can always make your own game or leave if people don't want to ffa. Just like in pve, should always respect the hosts intent. There are always alternatives.
    ^^, but i[ ther's n hot then I' assmin] its [[A.

Edit: wow, guess I'll leave my little fail there for everyone to see... little macro glitch I think. Meant:
    "^^, but if there's no host, then I'm assuming its FFA."

and adding: 1-1 is pretty boring for me, which is why I don't do it. Plus all my twink builds are geared towards FFA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I would be in on this...a lot of times during the day I have a couple spare minutes, and want to just hop on and fight. Instead, ill enter a game and say, "player x go?..,player y go?...anyone go?" ...ugh..gotta get back to work >_< ..I would love to just enter a game where everyone is already fighting..kill, or be killed!
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Honestly I have just started ffa'ing a little while ago... It's A TON more fun then 1v1 IMO. However i think that until 1v1 maps are implemented that there is no chance of switching the "standerd" mode for pvp. :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I love to FFA. I think getting a full 5v5 in Alien Underground is some of the most fun in PL. However, when in forest fight, and a group of friends are rotating 1v1 and someone gets dc'd leaving a spot open for a "rusher" to take advantage of nonsuspecting individuals, not cool. Has to be a happy medium. Is it really that difficult to take 1 sec to type "FFA?" or put in a loadout?
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I love to FFA. I think getting a full 5v5 in Alien Underground is some of the most fun in PL. However, when in forest fight, and a group of friends are rotating 1v1 and someone gets dc'd leaving a spot open for a "rusher" to take advantage of nonsuspecting individuals, not cool. Has to be a happy medium. Is it really that difficult to take 1 sec to type "FFA?" or put in a loadout?
    Well... You are right. Rushing is how MOST FFA matches are started I usually leave if a 1v1 turns into an FFA because of someone taking "revenge" or "noob calling".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It'll definitely take A LOT of getting used to. But i believe that once this new system is established well, it'll be so much more fun in PL.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to crestmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    Well... You are right. Rushing is how MOST FFA matches are started I usually leave if a 1v1 turns into an FFA because of someone taking "revenge" or "noob calling".
    Exactly. Those are not the FFA im talking bout. those r the kinds that are mostly geared over to "non-friendly" concept.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

With ya 100% bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I already turn almost all matches into FFA being an unknown terrorist (I'm not giving out my usernames here) and I believe PvP was MEANT to be FFA, I will later when I get my goal of four twinks established with positive KDR's making a FFA guild where twinks can join, and FFA between in-guild or the community!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VVammothehammo View Post
    I already turn almost all matches into FFA being an unknown terrorist (I'm not giving out my usernames here) and I believe PvP was MEANT to be FFA, I will later when I get my goal of four twinks established with positive KDR's making a FFA guild where twinks can join, and FFA between in-guild or the community!
    So, help me understand, you enter games and "ffa" (or rush) whether it is ffa or not? And you are doing this to raise your kdr?

If the answer is yes, then this is the part of rushing I cannot stand. People ruining other peoples playing experience because they are worried about having positive kdr. It is one thing for ffa to exist to have fun and speed up gameplay. It is another to purposely ruin another players experience because you need to help get your kills higher than your deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So, help me understand, you enter games and "ffa" (or rush) whether it is ffa or not? And you are doing this to raise your kdr?

If the answer is yes, then this is the part of rushing I cannot stand. People ruining other peoples playing experience because they are worried about having positive kdr. It is one thing for ffa to exist to have fun and speed up gameplay. It is another to purposely ruin another players experience because you need to help get your kills higher than your deaths.

No, (my KDR is pretty good almost 2:1) this is the way I PvP, and to be very honest I think PvP was meant to be FFA, the arenas say death match and free for all, so let it be what it is meant to be... My first ever twink failed, I had a very bad build, I respec-ed it, I got to 1:1 then soon after i was at 2:1, that was when I didny't play FFA...

VVTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Like most would agree...a FFA friendly game (where it's all friends that are aware that it's FFA) can be tremendously fun;however, you do get a rusher every now and then at (player x go?) game and it turns into a rage FFA...to try and take out the "noob" that's trying to up their k/d...then it becomes no fun. Like Crim said FFA in the shadow map is freakin' sweet! With players who understand that there's no need for the rage lol

Viva La FFA!!!
    Last edited by saool; 01-12-2012 at 06:26 AM.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    Like most would agree...a FFA friendly game (where it's all friends that are aware that it's FFA) can be tremendously fun;however, you do get a rusher every now and then at (player x go?) game and it turns into a rage FFA...to try and take out the "noob" that's trying to up their k/d...then it becomes no fun. Like Crim said FFA in the shadow map is freakin' sweet! With players who understand that there's no need for the rage lol

Viva La FFA!!!
    Totally. The real FFA is when everyone agrees to have it, instead of some noobs trying to get out at each other with spwning.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to crestmage For This Useful Post: