Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The trend of market value manipulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smellybumm View Post
    I read it just fine the first time and like I said how are you gonna stop friends from “manipulating” prices? If I’m a guild master and I tell officers to bump my thread with good offers for a expensive new item how is that supposed to be stopped? Your right it’s to much work and it’s a obvious waste of time I could understand if there was set prices for the items but the market always varies and who said I was against it? Like I said the responses after mine are just Nonsense speech Encryptions covered everything in the video posted but when u comes to fourms that’s completely out of their hands there supposed to have some random guy watching fourms 24/7 to make sure prices aren’t being manipulated? What kinda nonsense is that? Big waste of time especially since people can just list items that are not commonly in auc for high prices and some person who really wants it decides to offer them little lower then what is currently in auc for? All nonsense speech like I said typing this was a huge waste of time I think you should re read op post and see all the flaws in what he is asking for tell me how much sense it really makes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree 100%, it should stop. Easiest way to make it stop is to just stop replying, and please don't take that with salt, I prefer pepper. You don't have to retort everything someone says, even though I, like just about everyone, feel the need to. If you really think all that needs to be said has been said then stop talking. Again, literally no salt, just replying to the last person to say something, you're not at all a target and should find no reason to pull something out against me, take the cake or don't, you needn't throw it on the ground.
    Cheers!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    I agree 100%, it should stop. Easiest way to make it stop is to just stop replying, and please don't take that with salt, I prefer pepper. You don't have to retort everything someone says, even though I, like just about everyone, feel the need to. If you really think all that needs to be said has been said then stop talking. Again, literally no salt, just replying to the last person to say something, you're not at all a target and should find no reason to pull something out against me, take the cake or don't, you needn't throw it on the ground.
    Cheers!
    With that logic you shouldn’t even have replied to me but guess what I get the last reply around here BOY so nice typing but take this with all the salt in the ocean don’t reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Any sort of price manipulation in-game or in-forum is a bannable offense. If you write a detailed email with facts to support about the trend and people involved in it then they do investigate on it and if substantial evidence is found then the players get banned.

Investigation takes long time but support does sincerely looks into it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid Head For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I read it just fine the first time and like I said how are you gonna stop friends from “manipulating” prices? If I’m a guild master and I tell officers to bump my thread with good offers for a expensive new item how is that supposed to be stopped? Your right it’s to much work and it’s a obvious waste of time I could understand if there was set prices for the items but the market always varies and who said I was against it? Like I said the responses after mine are just Nonsense speech Encryptions covered everything in the video posted but when u comes to fourms that’s completely out of their hands there supposed to have some random guy watching fourms 24/7 to make sure prices aren’t being manipulated? What kinda nonsense is that? Big waste of time especially since people can just list items that are not commonly in auc for high prices and some person who really wants it decides to offer them little lower then what is currently in auc for? All nonsense speech like I said typing this was a huge waste of time I think you should re read op post and see all the flaws in what he is asking for tell me how much sense it really makes

The only person spouting nonsense is you. Everybody else has been civil about their responses. And I clearly don't understand how having identifiers for multiple account holders (a QoL upgrade) is nonsense because that is what the thread is about. You are derailing the content to something else entirely. I did not ask anyone to sit and monitor traders market. If you want to create drama take it elsewhere.
    Last edited by Bundlos; 02-04-2020 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Typo

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    The only person spouting nonsense is you. Everybody else has been civil about their responses. And I clearly don't understand how having identifiers for multiple account holders (a QoL upgrade) is nonsense because that is what the thread if about. You are derailing the content to something else entirely. I did not ask anyone to sit and monitor traders market. If you want to create drama take it elsewhere.
    Identifying multiple account holders is gonna do what? That’s not gonna stop anything in reality and also it takes way to much work for something like that to even be done why waste time being able to identify multiple accounts holders when you can just make a new account and do the exact same thing? Like I said makes no sense just all nonsense talk the scenarios I provided makes perfect sense why they would not even work follow EncryptionsAL rules and you will be fine but after that there’s nothing you can do to stop this type of “manipulation” from happening its out of there hands so this multiple account identifying system is completely useless in the end tell me exactly where I am wrong at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Identifying multiple account holders is gonna do what? That’s not gonna stop anything in reality and also it takes way to much work for something like that to even be done why waste time being able to identify multiple accounts holders when you can just make a new account and do the exact same thing? Like I said makes no sense just all nonsense talk the scenarios I provided makes perfect sense why they would not even work follow EncryptionsAL rules and you will be fine but after that there’s nothing you can do to stop this type of “manipulation” from happening its out of there hands so this multiple account identifying system is completely useless in the end tell me exactly where I am wrong at?

I’m sure we all agreed that it’s too much work, but that doesn’t mean that a GM should ask the officers to make fake offers on their thread in order to try and get a better deal. I’m not sure why you’re being so mad about this?
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Forum users can use either a. Tapatalk via device, b. Chrome via PC/Laptop.

- Simply monitoring the serial number in tapatalk is not gonna work.
    - Monitoring the IP addresses of each forum user is not gonna work since forum user can use different PC in many places.

There's no doubt your intention to this thread is for the betterment of the game, however it's not possible to implement this validation. I'm not even gonna start on specific person to monitor since as what I'm saying is just not possible to do this validation.

What we can do so far is to educate ourselves as much as we can , it's just like IRL dude.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shimada For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shimada View Post
    Forum users can use either a. Tapatalk via device, b. Chrome via PC/Laptop.

- Simply monitoring the serial number in tapatalk is not gonna work.
    - Monitoring the IP addresses of each forum user is not gonna work since forum user can use different PC in many places.

There's no doubt your intention to this thread is for the betterment of the game, however it's not possible to implement this validation. I'm not even gonna start on specific person to monitor since as what I'm saying is just not possible to do this validation.

What we can do so far is to educate ourselves as much as we can , it's just like IRL dude.
    Basically what I said but this guy sound WAY more educated I love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Heppens irl
    duck dynasty falls

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsi View Post
    Heppens irl
    A lot of things happen irl. Doesn't mean it is justified

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

A lot of things happen irl. Doesn't mean it is justified
    And it does not have to be. Human dynamics affecting the market will be reflected regardless of any medium. 5 years ago, we had threads like this and no one has placed a conscious effort to put a cease to something as trivial as this. People have the inclination to do anything to win regardless of the method - which definitely can include unethical practices.

In a utopia, the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost, but then again that's just being the idealist me.
    Last edited by Limsi; 02-10-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    duck dynasty falls

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsi View Post
    And it does not have to be. Human dynamics affecting the market will be reflected regardless of any medium. 5 years ago, we had threads like this and no one has placed a conscious effort to put a cease to something as trivial as this. People have the inclination to do anything to win regardless of the method - which definitely can include unethical practices.

In a utopia, the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost, but then again that's just being the idealist me.
    When you say that in a utopia the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost you are contradicting my opening post which is pertaining to the MINORITY con-men (if you would call it so), who manipulate market value using unethical means.

Even if nothing is done about this, it generated awareness for the people who were unaware about it and I'm okay with just that if nothing else. Thanks for the free bumps though! Keep bumping awaaaayyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

When you say that in a utopia the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost you are contradicting my opening post which is pertaining to the MINORITY con-men (if you would call it so), who manipulate market value using unethical means.

Even if nothing is done about this, it generated awareness for the people who were unaware about it and I'm okay with just that if nothing else. Thanks for the free bumps though! Keep bumping awaaaayyy
    It's all in your imagination. If there is manipulation it probably only applies to those overpriced silly vanities anyway. Lesser items aren't even worth the time like people who are selling arcane shards for 3m now are being accused of over-pricing. For only a difference of 1m to 1.5m people who need it asap would easily pay the premium without hesitating. I overpay for cheap items that I need all the time and its not a big deal. Why would someone sell to an entitled cheapass when all it takes is one person to pay for their asking price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’ve been on this game since 2013 even though I did quit a couple of times over the years I can tell you that the game has always been like this the player makes the prices of the eggs, gear , elix , etc.. prices go up and down that’s just the way the game is there’s nothing the devs can do I personally don’t see it as a problem it’s just apart of the grind when playing the game there’s a lot of pets but I’ll use sns as an example when it first came it was very rare only LB runners had so it went for about 90-100m that was even a lot back then at least to me it was then more flood the game and now it’s like 4m

SAIYANS NATION!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilweezy View Post
    It's all in your imagination. If there is manipulation it probably only applies to those overpriced silly vanities anyway. Lesser items aren't even worth the time like people who are selling arcane shards for 3m now are being accused of over-pricing. For only a difference of 1m to 1.5m people who need it asap would easily pay the premium without hesitating. I overpay for cheap items that I need all the time and its not a big deal. Why would someone sell to an entitled cheapass when all it takes is one person to pay for their asking price?
    If it's my imagination explain me this:

Few weeks back there was a 205gl ebon daggers for sale. The thread was closed sold with an offer of 100m+ebon daggers with bad awakes. The seller was selling the same thing again after closing the thread. The seller confessed it was the same item and mind you it's not a cheap *** item. Still want to call it my imagination?

You mentioned earlier as well that one sale should be the reference point for the next. But if the reference point itself is a fake it alters the value for it permanently. I sealed my bugface deal for 35m, so how come buyers who contacted me to buy it later were under the impression that it is 100m+, clearly someone was feeding them the wrong information. Is it still my imagination? Or do you want me to go on? Because I can do this all day
    Last edited by Bundlos; 02-10-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

only a selected number of players can afford the 205gl daggers and only a handful are willing to buy them. chances are that these players are veterans who already know better and are unlikely to fall for price manipulation. if they can afford it and really want it they will overpay because these type of rare awakes do not have a set value. these are items are pretty much one of a kind. in the case of the person closing a thread and then reposting it, they do tend to get irritating but there's nothing we can do about that. their threads do stand out but people eventually avoid buying from them anyway. you can complain all day like you say but i suggest you do something productive instead because nothing is going to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default NOTE

@lilweezy I'm backing up my argument with facts unlike your offensive nonsense for which you can't provide any facts to prove your point. Since you call it "MY IMAGINATION" I make my case. Take it or leave it. You don't run this game so don't behave like you own it and know what's good or what's worthless, move on.

Note:
    Any further posts which attempt to derail the thread, create drama, throw shade because their insecurities got triggered because of my opening post, won't be receiving any responses
    Last edited by Bundlos; 02-11-2020 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Had to break it down further as some people can't seem to follow english

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I do agree with some of the points mentioned by lilweezy , the set example of 205gl is quite unique . Common awake items are 100gl - 125gl arcane items ranging from 60 - 70m. But for 205gl the seller could set the market price, since these awake is quite rare. I can offer as much as I could for how much gold as I have , but once it's beyond my gold then I won't buy it. I will know if the seller re-posted it because the awakes is quite similar to the previous one.

But then again, if you're the buyer you should also limit yourself to as how much gold you can offer for these particular item.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shimada For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

@lilweezy I'm backing up my argument with facts unlike your offensive nonsense for which you can't provide any facts to prove your point. Since you call it "MY IMAGINATION" I make my case. Take it or leave it. You don't run this game so don't behave like you own it and know what's good or what's worthless, move on.

Note:
    Any further posts which attempt to derail the thread, create drama, throw shade because of insecurities triggered, won't be receiving any responses
    LOL WTF? you sound like a sensitive little brat. what did i even say to trigger you? are you having a bad day at school?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buying skull btw lol

SAIYANS NATION!