Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Misspelled issue

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default Misspelled issue

    im always getting chat banned regularly, Im a fast typer and sometimes I say Gey instead of Hey and clearly its an accident but i dont really see the reason I should be getting 5 mins banned because of this. The only reference I can see this misspelled word is leading to is Gay but I dont see why I would be getting chat banned for this and Im pretty much sure Im not the only one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anil LK Joseph For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Deuteronomy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    234
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anil LK Joseph View Post
    im always getting chat banned regularly, I’m a fast typer and sometimes I say “Gey” instead of “Hey” and clearly it’s an accident but i don’t really see the reason I should be getting 5 mins banned because of this. The only reference I can see this misspelled word is leading to is “Gay” but I don’t see why I would be getting chat banned for this and I’m pretty much sure I’m not the only one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should probably post this in the suggestions section. This section is more for player to player communication.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy View Post
    You should probably post this in the suggestions section. This section is more for player to player communication.
    "GENERAL"

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeue For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anil LK Joseph View Post
    im always getting chat banned regularly, Im a fast typer and sometimes I say Gey instead of Hey and clearly its an accident but i dont really see the reason I should be getting 5 mins banned because of this. The only reference I can see this misspelled word is leading to is Gay but I dont see why I would be getting chat banned for this and Im pretty much sure Im not the only one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well They should stop muting people for saying Gay. Its kinda rude for sts to be muting people for saying Gay. Its just a gender and we all should respect it. Taking it in the wrong way is misleading the generations. And Gay also means happy. So yeah , remove this word from Mute triggers.

  7. #5
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    1,777
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    551
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

    Default

    This happens to me a lot as well, instead of a mute they should do something that won't let your message go through to the other player and say a message like "This [word] has been blocked by our filter."
    One that gets me is the word A$$ with [ss not $$] doesn't get you muted but the word azz does. Even though there are a lot of players with azz in their name which I don't really care about seeing curse words especially on an online video game. Its just one of those things that happens.
    Forums blocks the a.. but not azz, game blocks azz but not a..

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    This happens to me a lot as well, instead of a mute they should do something that won't let your message go through to the other player and say a message like "This [word] has been blocked by our filter."
    One that gets me is the word A$$ with [ss not $$] doesn't get you muted but the word azz does. Even though there are a lot of players with azz in their name which I don't really care about seeing curse words especially on an online video game. Its just one of those things that happens.
    Forums blocks the a.. but not azz, game blocks azz but not a..
    Exactly just block the word itself and not the entire sentence we typed out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #7
    Forum Adept Overgrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Forest of Shades
    Posts
    418
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    155
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    120
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    This happens to me a lot as well, instead of a mute they should do something that won't let your message go through to the other player and say a message like "This [word] has been blocked by our filter."
    One that gets me is the word A$$ with [ss not $$] doesn't get you muted but the word azz does. Even though there are a lot of players with azz in their name which I don't really care about seeing curse words especially on an online video game. Its just one of those things that happens.
    Forums blocks the a.. but not azz, game blocks azz but not a..
    You got it! Devs pls mutes are annoying can the system just block the taboo word instead of the whole sentence? Just replace the taboo word with ****

    Cuz its a international game, some words to other country differs from one another and muting for 5 mins without proper indication is too much for us.

    Thank the post for support.

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Overgrown For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Forum Adept Jairus980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    411
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    161
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    This happens to me a lot as well, instead of a mute they should do something that won't let your message go through to the other player and say a message like "This [word] has been blocked by our filter."
    One that gets me is the word A$$ with [ss not $$] doesn't get you muted but the word azz does. Even though there are a lot of players with azz in their name which I don't really care about seeing curse words especially on an online video game. Its just one of those things that happens.
    Forums blocks the a.. but not azz, game blocks azz but not a..
    There's a feature for it but you can't avoid being mute. At least let that mute teach you not to rush when typing, you never know you might save yourself when you accidentally type wrongly when texting to your bf/gf
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    There's a feature for it but you can't avoid being mute. At least let that mute teach you not to rush when typing, you never know you might save yourself when you accidentally type wrongly when texting to your bf/gf
    Do you understand what the post is about? Who are you helping


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. A funny misspelled name
    By Andrisber in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 06:32 AM
  2. KNOWN ISSUE: Facebook Login Issue Resolved
    By Remiem in forum AL Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM
  3. "Trama surgeon" in medic skill is misspelled, the OCD took over....
    By Vikkadin in forum Rogue Class Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 10:04 PM
  4. "Omniscient" is misspelled on Mage's Wand and Halo...
    By Whirlzap in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 03:55 AM
  5. 2 issues :p---->I had a rename issue and premium toon issue
    By octavos in forum DL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •