Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the point? ?????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default what's the point? ?????????

What's the point of this epic vampire feast??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

The bosses drop legendary loot per boss, as opposed to only having a chance at the end after clearing all enemies in the regular vampire feast level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think people's expectations are too high. The new feast now drops elite pinks. Same drop table & same drop rates as the regular Mt. Fang zones. The original boss gauntlet DOESN'T drop elite pinks. The new zone drops all pinks from the same drop table as the regular My Fang zones at the same drop rate. Which in turn gives players 5 chances in 1 zone for an elite drop. Yes the rarity will be the same but chances are higher with the fact of 5 bosses in 1 zone & not just 1 boss per zone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlelock For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Since the idea is time saver, the question is whether the time is worth 3 plat. The player base will decide, of course. I'm gonna guess it will be a success, since most people want to farm more than one boss.

Maybe this will be the new L66 or guild playground?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Waste of platinum,,, just checked it out and no pinks,,,,salt!!!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk
    FIREBOYEDDY

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

As Battle stated, expectations are too high. To go into each run with expectations of "pink" each run like Halloween or WF is just not realistic. The new map will require the same patience and determination as the free maps. Only difference is less time needed. As it states in the discription, it is OPTIONAL. Five other maps exist which are free.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Basically a waste, but those with extra plat will find it handy if they like to waste plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Plat is never wasted, only spent.

You can't tell someone else that they're "wasting their plat" since it's theirs and it's not like it affects you anyway.

-------AEO-------

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

are the boss easier than the normal vampire feast?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blurryeyes:538504
    are the boss easier than the normal vampire feast?
    Nope. The bosses are the same bosses, same skills, same drops as those of the normal 5 My Fang zones.

Edit: although it has never been confirmed by STS, The bosses are much easier to kill un-elixired than when elixired. Especially the crypt & floor 3.

This being said with just my girl friend killing the bosses. We're both 66. But WITHOUT a doubt, it is much easier for us to kill the bosses un-elixired. When we're elixired we take ALOT more damage & she gets one-shotted a lot.

As I said, this is unconfirmed & completely on a duo basis. Elixired and un-elixired comparison.
    Last edited by Battlelock; 01-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

<------- Grabs popcorn, waits for trolls

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

yes ppl expect too much, they think they have payd plat, so they recive pinks.

the point of this map is ONLY to save time of clearing! u pay to skip all mobs! thats it!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    yes ppl expect too much, they think they have payd plat, so they recive pinks.

the point of this map is ONLY to save time of clearing! u pay to skip all mobs! thats it!
    Then STS is not making it clear enough. I even expected something unique or different. Casual players don't like to spend money over and over and over and over again unless they see a immediate reward.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Then STS is not making it clear enough. I even expected something unique or different. Casual players don't like to spend money over and over and over and over again unless they see a immediate reward.
    It wqs made clear when the idea was introduced. As Ricci said, your "immediate" reward is dtime. You do not have to spend 4-5 minutes clearing mobs and can get right to boss killing. Also, it was made clear this new map would have the same drop tables as the original Fang maps.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    It wqs made clear when the idea was introduced. As Ricci said, your "immediate" reward is dtime. You do not have to spend 4-5 minutes clearing mobs and can get right to boss killing. Also, it was made clear this new map would have the same drop tables as the original Fang maps.
    It may be clear to you but to me, a new user, it is not. Which there are a lot more of us newbies, right?

Reiterating, they are not making it clear enough, I see a lot of confusion in game. Not many users in game even know about the forums, how are they supposed to know their reward is time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't think it's a new idea it's just like nuris fun house but this one you have to pay 3 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient:539256
    Then STS is not making it clear enough.
    Actually, STS has gone out of their way to make it perfectly clear. In just the one initial thread, they explained clearly 3 different times about how the loot was gonna work in this new zone.

In addition to those three separate posts, they explained other aspects of the new zone an additional 5 different times, in that same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient:539274
    It may be clear to you but to me, a new user, it is not.
    You, might, be new to this forum. But you are not new to STS games, forums in general or video games in general.

I even expected something unique or different.
    What do you mean by "even"?

There is no reason that you should have expected something anymore special that what STS has explained numerous times.

Reiterating, they are not making it clear enough,
    I won't repeat myself. Just see above.

I see a lot of confusion in game.
    If you see a lot of confusion in the game, if you are capable enough and have the time, try to help answer player's questions. When you don't have time, simply refer them to the forums.

Casual players don't like to spend money over and over and over and over again unless they see a immediate reward.
    Actually, casual players spend hundreds of millions of dollars over and over and over and over again and rarely ever get some kind of major rare item. If they did, the items wouldn't be rare. Player's do in fact get an immediate benefit, but it is rare for that to be a rare. They are not figuring on getting some kind of rare every time.

Not many users in game even know about the forums, how are they supposed to know their reward is time?
    As above, if you are capable and have the time, refer people to the forums. STS is doing more than enough to try to build forum partiicpation.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Lol above user just pwnt.
    Go see my repost thread.
    Check forums before using an item in game.
    ^#1 rule to not spending platinum like crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Actually, STS has gone out of their way to make it perfectly clear. In just the one initial thread, they explained clearly 3 different times about how the loot was gonna work in this new zone.

In addition to those three separate posts, they explained other aspects of the new zone an additional 5 different times, in that same thread.
    I'm not much of a forum lurker, I prefer to spend my time in game and maybe 5 to 10 minutes on forums a day. As a new player to STS games I have seen little difference in content based on the pricing being free. My expectations was that charged content would be unique, not a shortcut to bosses. STS can promote forum usage as much as they want, that still does not change the fact that forums always represent a minority in the game. The info should be posted clearly in the game, I understand the implications to the dungeon clearly, but all my friends in game do not. I help out and explain stuff to them when I can. I would be on for hours if I tried to help everyone, I will leave that to the AoA who are required to help.

If a game requires a user to use the forums to obtain common information on a regular basis, then they are not providing enough information in game. I learned that one from my vast MMO history.

Actually, casual players spend hundreds of millions of dollars over and over and over and over again and rarely ever get some kind of major rare item. If they did, the items wouldn't be rare. Player's do in fact get an immediate benefit, but it is rare for that to be a rare. They are not figuring on getting some kind of rare every time.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't think you have spent enough time around casual players. A lot of them do in-fact expect reward every time. That is exactly why the holiday content this year worked, because no matter the rarity of the item, it was still something unique. You would be kidding yourself if you were prepared to try and change every casual players mind set and explain to them that they are purchasing extended loot rolls, and not instant gratification.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapient For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient:540033
    My expectations was that charged content would be unique, not a shortcut to bosses.
    Again, no one is responsible if you had expectations that were not real. STS has explained multiple times exactly how the zone would work. They started talking to us about this days before it went live so that players could get their questions answered. They couldn't have been more clear.

There are a lot of players who have expectations of making a lot of money from spam begging at the CS. Is it anyone's fault if it turns out their expectations were wrong.

-----------------------------------
    The info should be posted clearly in the game,
    Why?
    ------------------------------------

STS can promote forum usage as much as they want, that still does not change the fact that forums always represent a minority in the game.
    Yeah, so.. what is the point. If people want more info about the game. They have a ton of ways to find out. STS is doing all they can to promote this knowledge.

The fact that only a small percentage of players participate in the forums is not STS's fault.

The people who choose to play the game without checking out the forums are not as likely to have as much fun. But, why is that STS's responsibility?
    I would be on for hours if I tried to help everyone
    No need to twist my words. I said, if someone has time, IF, then it would be a nice idea to try to answer questions. Then I said, if they don't have time they could just refer people to the forums.

If you really think you know that many people who are so confused but you don't have the time to answer their questions AND if you desire to actually help the game and not just bust STS's chops, then what you could do, if you wanted to, is on quick chat, just make a quick line about, "the answer to that question and many others can be found at www. etc". Or "for more information about that go to www...etc".

Bottom line:

1. STS is doing far more than needed to make this small, tiny issue plain for everyone to understand.

2. If people choose not to come to the forums, STS is not responsible for that.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 01-14-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher