Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Further explanation for the change in prize support for the 1v1 Mage Tournament

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Further explanation for the change in prize support for the 1v1 Mage Tournament

I appreciate everyone's fervor for the truth. However, in my eyes, many are oversimplifying things. Much in life is seldom straightforward.

Over the course of the recent 1v1 Mage Tournament organized by AbsolutePally I was approached in private messages with concerns about either ringers (someone playing someone else's account) and/or strange outcome of combat (a possible indication of the glitch that has reared it's ugly head).

AbsolutePally has complained openly that the final round with Edenfury was funky. Here's an example: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post536504

I respect both Edenfury and AbsolutePally. They have both taken the time to be serious end game competitors. Both have played a lot of PvP matches. I can understand Edenfury's concern for their reputation. I can understand AbsolutePally's experience and his input that things didn't seem to go as the many other matches he has played. To make a call for one is to discount the other and to call them a poor sport, or a cheater or a liar.

The glitch. I am reticent to reveal details of any glitch in our games. We strive to provide a bug free game environment. While Apollo may have knowledge about this glitch, or that it is possible to be done with a purchased respec, this similar bug came up last year with the Bear 1v1 Tourney. It is not conclusive that it is only repeatable with a purchased respec. I will not elaborate further on the glitch.

The Ringers. Another complaint was if the actual account holders were playing their accounts. Regrettably, we at Spacetime know that our users will from time to time share accounts. To some extent it is human nature to share the things we have, especially with those that are close to us. We take issue with this when problems arise. You know, when that "other" person logs on and takes all your stuff and deletes your characters. It is for that reason that we do not allow trading or sharing of accounts. I can say that multiple members of the tournament have logins to their accounts from devices that have also logged in on other accounts that have end game characters with significant PvP experience.

It is for the above reasons that the prize support for this event has been withdrawn. In the spirit of fun, we have granted everyone participating the same vanity shield. We apologize for any bent feelings that this has caused. I care very much for the Pocket Legends PvP community and why we have been investing time and custom item creation to supporting it. It is also why I am here after a long day writing you my input. Hopefully, the participants had fun in the course of playing the tournament - that is, after all, the point. It is my sincere hope that we will be in a position to return support to player PvP tournaments in the future.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Thanks for your time Sam. We appreciate how much you care for the community and always will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Given the ensuing controversy, this is probably the best outcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Given the ensuing controversy, this is probably the best outcome.
    Elf! Haven't seen you around lately, but coming from you it must be true

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Thank you Sam for handling this the appropriate way and handling expiditiously. Despite the outcome, it is a sad day in Alterra.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I am just baffled on how STS is being so flexible with there TOS and the rules. Seems like there is no consequence that will happen for these "rule breakers." Oh wait everyone who participated gets a vanity. And now STS will not support tournaments until the time is right again. Makes a lot of sense....

This is upsetting to hear. Sorry if I seem so negative with this, I am in shock thats all...
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    I am just baffled on how STS is being so flexible with there TOS and the rules. Seems like there is no consequence that will happen for these "rule breakers." Oh wait everyone who participated gets a vanity. And now STS will not support tournaments until the time is right again. Makes a lot of sense....

This is upsetting to hear. Sorry if I seem so negative with this, I am in shock thats all...
    It's only a game Yes, definitely a game the most people take with a passion, but the things STS has done deserves more than a thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have one request. I have never participated in a competition and never will until this request is fulfilled. So here it is: any future tournament will be held by developers. This means I want them to create it, to organise it and to moderate it. That way there is no argument when the host loses and when someone is acting 'funky', you get a first person view at it. Sorry if I sound bitter, I'm actually glad since it's finally cleaned up. I just feel the need that something must be done to prevent such issues in the future to come.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I know that humans can be competitive but I never knew they would argue back and forth so much. And I never thought this would happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    I know that humans can be competitive but I never knew they would argue back and forth so much. And I never thought this would happen.

Wouldn't happen with Squirrels. just sayin'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I'm actually happy the shield was given to everyone. Ask everyone who has one, most are happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    I'm actually happy the shield was given to everyone. Ask everyone who has one, most are happy.
    i really wish i could get a vanity shield being that i participated in this tourney. unfortunately things happened but by standards, i did "participate" in this tourney. oh well i know its been a long day for sammy, but i truly am happy that others are happy! -imkelly

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Tho i have issue with sam always sideing with alwaysdt. But yes if was a glitch then sam handle this very good thnks for telling us about this, i hope dev can improve pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@moarpewpew, I doubt Sam would announce any kind of punishment in public.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i am impressed with your handling of what ever the situation is... sam i dont know you any futher than pl, but you a class act. buy your self a beer from me!!!

thanks guys

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    Tho i have issue with sam always sideing with alwaysdt. But yes if was a glitch then sam handle this very good thnks for telling us about this, i hope dev can improve pvp.
    Think we have had enuff finger pointing/calling people out for one day. Let it die already.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Think we have had enuff finger pointing/calling people out for one day. Let it die already.
    That would require class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Well said Sam, must be alot of pressure on you. I wish i could help
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

It's understandable. I don't agree with how everyone received a prize in the end though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excuse the bluntness, so is sharing an account allowed or not? If yes, does it apply to tourneys only, normal gameplay, or both? what are the penalties?