Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Duel arena guild vs guild 2v2

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Default Duel arena guild vs guild 2v2

    Many people complain about cheating(sitters,killing alts) and what not. So Cinco wouldn't it be a good idea for a duel arena room? 2v2 guild battle and we can bet gold perhaps an option of how much gold to bet or each game could be 3mill? And kills and deaths would also go into the DM KDR.

    So 2v2 example i join duel room i pay the bet example :3mill$ i choose blue or red, now i can only invite 1person from the same guild as me,for that person to play they also have to pay 3mill$. So now for the opposite team is the same procedure. And at the end of the match the winning team gets the gold that was put on the line.

    I think this would ge a good idea it will stop the cheating and all the ALT killing, even if people put alts against themselves they dont get gold or they be betting there own money.

    Also this arena would be very competitive, so im sure people will say " but what if i dont have gold or other reasons. Regular DEATHMATCH will still be available. Duel arena is just for competitive people and who is willing to risk gold.



    Heres some 1v1 videos feel free to watch xD.
    https://youtu.be/oQdk5fldsZc
    https://youtu.be/KypwKPbvA0k

  2. #2
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    359
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearnoevil View Post
    Many people complain about cheating(sitters,killing alts) and what not. So Cinco wouldn't it be a good idea for a duel arena room? 2v2 guild battle and we can bet gold perhaps an option of how much gold to bet or each game could be 3mill? And kills and deaths would also go into the DM KDR.

    So 2v2 example i join duel room i pay the bet example :3mill$ i choose blue or red, now i can only invite 1person from the same guild as me,for that person to play they also have to pay 3mill$. So now for the opposite team is the same procedure. And at the end of the match the winning team gets the gold that was put on the line.

    I think this would ge a good idea it will stop the cheating and all the ALT killing, even if people put alts against themselves they dont get gold or they be betting there own money.

    Also this arena would be very competitive, so im sure people will say " but what if i dont have gold or other reasons. Regular DEATHMATCH will still be available. Duel arena is just for competitive people and who is willing to risk gold.



    Heres some 1v1 videos feel free to watch xD.
    https://youtu.be/oQdk5fldsZc
    https://youtu.be/KypwKPbvA0k
    Good idea

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,900
    Thanked in
    1,652 Posts

    Default

    Seems like this would make the issues a lot worse - considering you could have a secret alt in an opposing guild and you could easily collude to steal the pot from the other unsuspecting players. Or am I missing something in your description that solves this exploit? Alt-killing is a very difficult problem because alternate accounts are very easy to create and it's quite easy to convince players that each toon is a distinct human being :-)
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Default

    Well you see most of guilds ard very strict, due to all the cheating alt sitting . Not everyone is allowed to join a pvp guild for example i don't let anyone join my guild unless i know them. Same to other guilds who pvp they don't allow a random to join the guild, unless they know that person.

    Plus it's a Bet gold system, as i said it will be very competitve so therefor people will be ready to have a partner , i won't go in duel arena unless my partner is online i won't just invite someone in guild who i don't trust in pvp. And if they put an alt its simple i leave game if i don't see my partner in my team. Cheaters can sit on the lobby and wait all they want for a match lol. But also we can kick people from guild if we see they don't play, i dont think "cheaters" will level up many alts to 51 just to win 6mill..... Its similar to the last event for 2v2 just no gold betting. Everyone had a partner ready, i didn't see any alts being put in opposite team because everyone wanted to show they can beat other pvpers. Everyone had a "specific partner" and thru your end you didn't get a lot of negative feed back from that event. I just think it's a great idea and perhaps it will be fun.

  6. #5
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    359
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Cinco what are you trying to say.
    How can someone use alt in this duel?
    Both the teams will agree if they wants to play or not and if some alt sitting in my team then ofcourse I will leave.
    . . . This idea is best . . . #supportFEAR

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tusharreings View Post
    Cinco what are you trying to say.
    How can someone use alt in this duel?
    Both the teams will agree if they wants to play or not and if some alt sitting in my team then ofcourse I will leave.
    . . . This idea is best . . . #supportFEAR

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    The idea originally came from me from my time playing RuneScape, if anyone remembers that old game. In that game there is a duel arena where you can have 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5. Now my idea is only for the 1v1 section. There is only one slot to join on each side. You agree to the terms of the duel while waiting in some type of lobby. The terms being specific items not being allowed or certain gem slots not being allowed to make it more interesting. After agreeing to these terms you would either then fight and lose nothing except for maybe the duel. Once you or they die the fights over. The other scenario would be like I said with agreeing to the terms. You can then bet items like helix or axes or whatever, and or gold on top of that. It would make betting between players not require a middle man. The game is essentially the middle man. And this is possible to be done as it is done on RuneScape for mobile. Other things to consider would be if the person thinks they are going to lose and they force close app. They forfeit the duel and lose. If they are betting items or gold they lose said items and gold and it's counted as a lose so the other player would win the items and gold. I think that only the 1v1 scenario would work because of how guilds like The King of Fighters guild is, as in they like to put sometimes up to 3 alts to hold spots. Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by Gooose; 02-13-2020 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Just saw that I am able to make threads and stuff now.

  8. #7
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    359
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gooose View Post
    The idea originally came from me from my time playing RuneScape, if anyone remembers that old game. In that game there is a duel arena where you can have 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5. Now my idea is only for the 1v1 section. There is only one slot to join on each side. You agree to the terms of the duel while waiting in some type of lobby. The terms being specific items not being allowed or certain gem slots not being allowed to make it more interesting. After agreeing to these terms you would either then fight and lose nothing except for maybe the duel. Once you or they die the fights over. The other scenario would be like I said with agreeing to the terms. You can then bet items like helix or axes or whatever, and or gold on top of that. It would make betting between players not require a middle man. The game is essentially the middle man. And this is possible to be done as it is done on RuneScape for mobile. Other things to consider would be if the person thinks they are going to lose and they force close app. They forfeit the duel and lose. If they are betting items or gold they lose said items and gold and it's counted as a lose so the other player would win the items and gold. I think that only the 1v1 scenario would work because of how guilds like The King of Fighters guild is, as in they like to put sometimes up to 3 alts to hold spots. Let me know what you guys think. (And could someone please allow me to make my own threads? It's been 2 weeks since I verified my email.)
    Only one scrub put alts
    Farmscammers
    He deserves a ban again

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Default

    @cinco i say you give it a try, and if it goes wrong or people complain about sitters,cheating and what not then just remove it. But people have to show evidence (pics,vids) of cheaters . But i highly doubt they would do it since all pvpers are the same for years now they been fighting each other for years. Thank you anyhow.

  10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,900
    Thanked in
    1,652 Posts

    Default

    So - just to be clear... nobody here sees where this can be exploited?

    Best wishes and love to you all, my Vampires! :-)
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Default

    We understand what you are saying about somone can cheat to steal the pot, but as someone and many of us pvpers we been fighting same pvpers for years now, we know when an alt comes in pvp. I highly doubt people will cheat in 2v2. People cheat in 5v5 because they like to outnumber the enemy 5v1 5v2 . But 2v2 it will be hard due to the fact that the pair who will join will go in at same time just like old 2v2 everyone went in pairs. And if someone is sitting on the lobby we just leave till we get a new room. Idk or can you just bring the old 2v2 i guess with no gold bettin?

  12. #11
    Junior Member LauraxD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    as the amazing professional pvper that i am right now i agree with our dear Fear's post.


    i was totally not forced to type this
    just call me ava

  13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,900
    Thanked in
    1,652 Posts

    Default

    You may remember that one time we did a Guild 1v1 Event - and how heavily it was abused. Seems to me that we could run into similar (or perhaps even more profound) difficulties with a betting system in any arena setting.
    TBH I don't see a problem with a 2v2 room so much as I see an issue with adding a betting system and then committing to update and develop said system to prevent the inevitable exploits.

    As we discuss this, I am developing a version of "Honor" PvP for us to experiment with. While it is certainly a far cry from a full-featured gold wagering system for PvP, it could offer some renewed interest for those who favor old school Dark Legends clashes.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    116
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    You may remember that one time we did a Guild 1v1 Event - and how heavily it was abused. Seems to me that we could run into similar (or perhaps even more profound) difficulties with a betting system in any arena setting.
    TBH I don't see a problem with a 2v2 room so much as I see an issue with adding a betting system and then committing to update and develop said system to prevent the inevitable exploits.

    As we discuss this, I am developing a version of "Honor" PvP for us to experiment with. While it is certainly a far cry from a full-featured gold wagering system for PvP, it could offer some renewed interest for those who favor old school Dark Legends clashes.
    Will we get that Honor PvP in arcane Legends? As beta testing?

  15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,900
    Thanked in
    1,652 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLazy View Post
    Will we get that Honor PvP in arcane Legends? As beta testing?
    Possibly. We are discussing a number of (potentially more advanced) PvP features for AL. Nothing that we'r ready to share yet - but we'll update as soon as there is a definite plan.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  17. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Default

    Alright fair enough. Can't wait. But if it's a long process 2v2 room no betting would be fun for now. Anyway thanks alot.

  18. #16
    Member Purifysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    611
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    So - just to be clear... nobody here sees where this can be exploited?

    Best wishes and love to you all, my Vampires! :-)
    It can easily be exploited. Forget about those who try to out-number others in a normal DM by adding their own alts on the opposite team. That's not a real problem.

    How about the people who can bring 4 accounts online at the same time to farm alts and gain kills easily ? Someone could do that, and that way the match is filled. Nobody can join them to bust them, which means they'll farm their own accounts for as much as they want without any bother, easily.

    That's the only real problem over here in my opinion. If that can be covered then it's good to go. PS: it shouldn't only be "guild vs guild" you should be able to invite anyone you want in that duel. But actually, since you might want to play with someone specific, there could be 2 options. Open duel arena which is where people can join randomly and play like in any other pvp room, and a private one where you could invite only who you wish to join. (This is only if the alts-killing problem is covered in the first place)
    Last edited by Purifysoul; 02-13-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    Eye Of Eternity 15 Guild Master

    Visit our Guild Website: http://EOE15.weebly.com/


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purifysoul For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Member Purifysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    611
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    So - just to be clear... nobody here sees where this can be exploited?

    Best wishes and love to you all, my Vampires! :-)
    One more thing. Let's not forget about the people who are still able to relog. Some way some how, I see people relogging without getting the deserter and without getting any deaths added. If somebody knows, explain it so maybe it helps fix that issue. I am definitely not willing to bet money against someone who will relog before dying. Either way, that relogging issue should be fixed anyway not only for the sake of the 2v2 room or the betting system.
    Eye Of Eternity 15 Guild Master

    Visit our Guild Website: http://EOE15.weebly.com/


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purifysoul For This Useful Post:


  22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,900
    Thanked in
    1,652 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purifysoul View Post
    One more thing. Let's not forget about the people who are still able to relog. Some way some how, I see people relogging without getting the deserter and without getting any deaths added. If somebody knows, explain it so maybe it helps fix that issue. I am definitely not willing to bet money against someone who will relog before dying. Either way, that relogging issue should be fixed anyway not only for the sake of the 2v2 room or the betting system.
    Earlier this week we fixed a couple of ways that cheaters could still re-log. If this is still happening as of today Id love to know any further info about how it is accomplished.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  23. #19
    Member Purifysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    611
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Earlier this week we fixed a couple of ways that cheaters could still re-log. If this is still happening as of today I’d love to know any further info about how it is accomplished.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't really play that much anymore so I hope the pvpers will make sure to give the needed feedback if it's still happening. Thank you for fixing it though. It's a lot appreciated.
    Eye Of Eternity 15 Guild Master

    Visit our Guild Website: http://EOE15.weebly.com/


  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purifysoul For This Useful Post:


  25. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tusharreings View Post
    Only one scrub put alts
    Farmscammers
    He deserves a ban again

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    if someone u can't beat u want them ban lol is it also against sts rules ?
    Get a life...

    Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Seperate TDM/CTF Arena for Guild!
    By Ishtmeet in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 06:23 PM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:50 PM
  3. Guild Wars Arena.
    By xXz21 in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 06:52 AM
  4. How about a guild war pvp arena?
    By Eski in forum AL Player vs. Player
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
  5. Guild Arena
    By rarefactionz in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 03:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •