Thread: It is time for a change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Default It is time for a change

Before I begin this article I want to start by first and foremost commending you cinco sir and the rest of the spacetime studios team for the work you've all done over the past year and into this year as well by updating the game with events and bringing about an inflow of new items i.e vanities ,gems and weapons but with that said there are some underlying issues that have gotten a whole lot of us players concerned and we want to use this medium to voice our concerns hoping that you'll look into this and hopefully make these changes of which I'll do a detailed breakdown of each one
    • Recolours : this has been something that the greater part of the player base on DL has complained about and as much as I'd like to say that some of the recolours we've seen have been actually better than the original e.g cerulean royalty set ,avenger set,Cupid set and blud mafia rave set to mention a few these recolours shouldn't be a habitual thing to be done because it only shows lack of care and concern to the dedicated player base on DL so that said while we're not totally against seeing recoloured versions of items once in a while it shouldn't become something which is a norm which brings us to my second point
    •Bringing back rare vanity sets every year : this is also another thing which many players have spoken strongly about in the past and I'm just going to re-echo what they've said previously..
    Items which were brought for plat are supposed to be rare based on the fact that they were bought with real world cash and not gold but the bringing back of platinum sets on a yearly basis not only destroys this rarity but it also kills the incentive to spend platinum on these items .
    In order to fully explain the rarity aspect I'll give a few examples : the cold weather set was released in 2017 for 800 plat and was quite expensive not just because of its platinum cost but also because it was rare since it wasn't owned by everybody but fast forward to 2020 and an item which cost so much back then and was bought for a whole 800 plat is now a common commodity which doesn't even cost up to 80 million in gold owing to the simple fact that it came back for 3 years in a row .. another example is the demon lover set which made it's debut on DL during the valentine's event of 2018 for about 300 plat and was costly to obtain because the items were totally new and difficult to obtain from those who got the set since they liked them but fast forward to 2020 and the same issue of the cold weather set is the same case here because while the demon lover set cost more platinum last year's valentine event its value dropped owing to the fact that it returned and now in 2020 the full set which cost close to 2000 platinum (over 80 USD) is only slightly more expensive than the dynamo pet which in sharp contrast cost a mere 100 platinum but increased in value because it didn't return and stayed rare ,the same also applies to the armour sets and the trinity pet from the ancients of the underworld epic quest event which have high value because they didn't return as well although all cited examples cost way less than their more expensive counterparts ..this is something that affects both merchants and collectors at large because the merchants who spend platinum have to run losses most times due to the constant devaluation of these items caused by constantly bringing them back on a yearly basis and as for the collectors like myself most of us paid a high price to get most of those "rare" items but you keep bringing them back ,devaluing them and making those of us who paid huge amounts of gold look stupid because we pay the huge prices demanded by the sellers for these items but you keep bringing them back and destroying their rarity so this is another thing that has to be stopped .
    Last but not the least we have :
    Bringing gems and weapons for plat : this has also being spoken about strongly by the pvpers in particular because this has depleted the PvP community and imbalanced PvP especially during the level 46 cap when the elder moon gem caused a lot of problems for those who didn't own them because they could barely match up to those who had that gem in their possession and although this has been addressed to some extent in the level 51 cap by making the gems and weapons available for all to procure it would seem from the winterfest that we're slowly going back to to that phase with the gelid skirmishers and aegis making an appearance for platinum and when it came to dropping them the drop rates were so low that only about 10% of those who farmed the event were able to drop them and except for the fact that the level 51 relics the garnet skirmishers to be precise are close to the elder skirmishers when stats are compared this would have totally put all who didn't have them out of contention for supremacy in the PvP arenas ..already some players are suggesting that an elder moon gem of level 51 should be brought as a sin patty event exclusive and it should be brought for platinum which is only counterproductive because it would cause another balance when parity is being tried to be restored in the arenas and also for those who farm to get better total goldloot percentages .
    It's a pretty long article and if you made it to the end kudos to you but these are matters that should be looked into and the changes suggested here implemented as it would go a long way to improve things on DL
    Peace

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mascotmullah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Cant forget the vanity drops..
    The same vanity drops in the campaigns have been the exact same for YEARS..
    Green biker helm, socialite top, gargoyle top.. ect ect
    I think if there were new drops in at least the last two campaigns if anything, then it would give us old players and even new people something to do in between events, otherwise theres nothing to do besides stand around in the same areas, I think some new vanity drops added in campaigns would give most of us something to do! Instead of waiting for events for new stuff that you have to pay a ton of gold for anyway, I think new drops spread out in the main campaign would be a nice change and something thats way long overdue

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrWizardlord For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Definitely wasted time reading this. Don't agree and don't even bother reading if you want my advice.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

They're doing what they can do. Those don't count that important to be a problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Are you new to DL? cause those are for sure issues to be at least looked at and are what alot of people are asking for... Its nothing major, but little new changes like that can make a huge difference. Yea its not really a big deal, but its that little something that can really improve the campaigns which is something long overdue and needed, something to hunt for, new vanities, or even previous ones, recolored, whatever, just added as drops to have something to do and farm for, make a difference.
    The one and only thing imo that this game has lacked for a really long time is new vanity campaign drops.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I love all your points but we all know they dont care about the people only the money
    Cinco if u disagree come meet me in pvp and fyi remove the fake gems

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mascotmullah View Post
    Before I begin this article I want to start by first and foremost commending you cinco sir and the rest of the spacetime studios team for the work you've all done over the past year and into this year as well by updating the game with events and bringing about an inflow of new items i.e vanities ,gems and weapons but with that said there are some underlying issues that have gotten a whole lot of us players concerned and we want to use this medium to voice our concerns hoping that you'll look into this and hopefully make these changes of which I'll do a detailed breakdown of each one
    • Recolours : this has been something that the greater part of the player base on DL has complained about and as much as I'd like to say that some of the recolours we've seen have been actually better than the original e.g cerulean royalty set ,avenger set,Cupid set and blud mafia rave set to mention a few these recolours shouldn't be a habitual thing to be done because it only shows lack of care and concern to the dedicated player base on DL so that said while we're not totally against seeing recoloured versions of items once in a while it shouldn't become something which is a norm which brings us to my second point
    •Bringing back rare vanity sets every year : this is also another thing which many players have spoken strongly about in the past and I'm just going to re-echo what they've said previously..
    Items which were brought for plat are supposed to be rare based on the fact that they were bought with real world cash and not gold but the bringing back of platinum sets on a yearly basis not only destroys this rarity but it also kills the incentive to spend platinum on these items .
    In order to fully explain the rarity aspect I'll give a few examples : the cold weather set was released in 2017 for 800 plat and was quite expensive not just because of its platinum cost but also because it was rare since it wasn't owned by everybody but fast forward to 2020 and an item which cost so much back then and was bought for a whole 800 plat is now a common commodity which doesn't even cost up to 80 million in gold owing to the simple fact that it came back for 3 years in a row .. another example is the demon lover set which made it's debut on DL during the valentine's event of 2018 for about 300 plat and was costly to obtain because the items were totally new and difficult to obtain from those who got the set since they liked them but fast forward to 2020 and the same issue of the cold weather set is the same case here because while the demon lover set cost more platinum last year's valentine event its value dropped owing to the fact that it returned and now in 2020 the full set which cost close to 2000 platinum (over 80 USD) is only slightly more expensive than the dynamo pet which in sharp contrast cost a mere 100 platinum but increased in value because it didn't return and stayed rare ,the same also applies to the armour sets and the trinity pet from the ancients of the underworld epic quest event which have high value because they didn't return as well although all cited examples cost way less than their more expensive counterparts ..this is something that affects both merchants and collectors at large because the merchants who spend platinum have to run losses most times due to the constant devaluation of these items caused by constantly bringing them back on a yearly basis and as for the collectors like myself most of us paid a high price to get most of those "rare" items but you keep bringing them back ,devaluing them and making those of us who paid huge amounts of gold look stupid because we pay the huge prices demanded by the sellers for these items but you keep bringing them back and destroying their rarity so this is another thing that has to be stopped .
    Last but not the least we have :
    Bringing gems and weapons for plat : this has also being spoken about strongly by the pvpers in particular because this has depleted the PvP community and imbalanced PvP especially during the level 46 cap when the elder moon gem caused a lot of problems for those who didn't own them because they could barely match up to those who had that gem in their possession and although this has been addressed to some extent in the level 51 cap by making the gems and weapons available for all to procure it would seem from the winterfest that we're slowly going back to to that phase with the gelid skirmishers and aegis making an appearance for platinum and when it came to dropping them the drop rates were so low that only about 10% of those who farmed the event were able to drop them and except for the fact that the level 51 relics the garnet skirmishers to be precise are close to the elder skirmishers when stats are compared this would have totally put all who didn't have them out of contention for supremacy in the PvP arenas ..already some players are suggesting that an elder moon gem of level 51 should be brought as a sin patty event exclusive and it should be brought for platinum which is only counterproductive because it would cause another balance when parity is being tried to be restored in the arenas and also for those who farm to get better total goldloot percentages .
    It's a pretty long article and if you made it to the end kudos to you but these are matters that should be looked into and the changes suggested here implemented as it would go a long way to improve things on DL
    Peace

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This thread is such a true reflection of how the current DL COMMUNITY feels..

Definitely a valid point @mascotmullah....Another example of how much the game can be improved ...People are paying for this game and they expect a minimal level of support. Some neat ideas you also mentioned for more community involvement and activity via forums. I just think that without some new content, a fresh new system of PvE/PvP + gear, the community involvement might not be where we want it to be.

A Second Thought...

I'd like everyone to keep in mind that these are all just suggestions...

PD: free speech is not a US liberty, is a fundamental, human right
    ꧁༒☬B E L L A☬༒꧂

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Habibibi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe the biggest change is how to report a person and drop rates. Many players would benefit from this in my opinion due to the limited time frames and luck rates.