Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A PSA from an STS Mod: We're family here.

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Default A PSA from an STS Mod: We're family here.

Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are in the world! It's your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with a short PSA about our lives here in the STS Community.

In the nearly 7 years I've been in the Spacetime community, I've admired one thing above all others: Here, we're family.

Sure there's drama, and nothing's ever perfect, but overall we love our little world here in the forums and in game and sharing that world with other community members holds a certain kind of magic.

Lately, I've seen a disturbing trend of people coming into the forums and being less than friendly toward their fellow players. Insults, scamming, trolling, and the like have gotten out of hand, and it breaks my heart to see it! It's time to remember where we came from, and think about the kind of virtual world we want to live in and be a part of creating for others.

Someone once told me that the golden rule is: Treat other how you would want to be treated. But the platinum rule is: Treat others how THEY want to be treated. Whichever you choose, following either of these rules will make these forums a better place for everyone.

A few things to keep in mind:

• We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and seek to understand them.

• A player-run economy is a really special thing, and entirely built by you. The golden rule comes in here too. If you want fair prices and trust among buyers and sellers, be an honest and respectful merchant or customer yourself. Intentional price inflation, scamming, and hijacking trade threads is not something I'd expect you'd want done to you. So, don't do it to others.
    • Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love a good debate, but a good debate is civil, never gets personal, and certainly does not include insults or questioning another player's intelligence or character. Make your point, but keep things friendly.
    • Let the devs and mods take care of the yucky stuff. We monitor these forums daily and will always get to your reports and remove inappropriate posts. When you feed into negativity, it grows. Please report these posts and let them sink to the bottom of the forums where they belong. <3 As the old adage goes, don't feed the trolls.

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.
    Last edited by Cinco; 02-18-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 91 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Love ur post remi! As joaquin phoenix well said: Run to rescue with love and peace will follow

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are in the world! It's your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with a short PSA about our lives here in the STS Community.

In the nearly 7 years I've been in the Spacetime community, I've admired one thing above all others: Here, we're family.

Sure there's drama, and nothing's ever perfect, but overall we love our little world here in the forums and in game and sharing that world with other community members holds a certain kind of magic.

Lately, I've seen a disturbing trend of people coming into the forums and being less than friendly toward their fellow players. Insults, scamming, trolling, and the like have gotten out of hand, and it breaks my heart to see it! It's time to remember where we came from, and think about the kind of virtual world we want to live in and be a part of creating for others.

Someone once told me that the golden rule is: Treat other how you would want to be treated. But the platinum rule is: Treat others how THEY want to be treated. Whichever you choose, following either of these rules will make these forums a better place for everyone.

A few things to keep in mind:

• We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and seek to understand them.

• A player-run economy is a really special thing, and entirely built by you. The golden rule comes in here too. If you want fair prices and trust among buyers and sellers, be an honest and respectful merchant or customer yourself. Intentional price inflation, scamming, and hijacking trade threads is not something I'd expect you'd want done to you. So, don't do it to others.
    • Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love a good debate, but a good debate is civil, never gets personal, and certainly does not include insults or questioning another player's intelligence or character. Make your point, but keep things friendly.
    • Let the devs and mods take care of the yucky stuff. We monitor these forums daily and will always get to your reports and remove inappropriate posts. When you feed into negativity, it grows. Please report these posts and let them sink to the bottom of the forums where they belong. <3 As the old adage goes, don't feed the trolls.

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

This is what we needed. I gave up forum ages ago because of the salt, negativity and less than immature people. When ideas came to be, people would undermine the person rather than the idea.
    I am hoping this takes a positive turn and people learn to be friendlier. I know I will try my best as this has given me some home for a friendlier community.

Thanks for this!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

True I have been in this community for over 5 years even though I didn't have an account on the forums until 2 year's ago I have been in game since beta test pretty much and I've seen many trolls and scams and negative words and conversations in chat. It is difficult but throughout the years i have tried keeping peace and helping all players I can. I've given away over 200million gold to random players along with 100million or so to subscribers of my YouTube channel where I did contests for whoever showed up during live streams. I had hoped this would help the community be more positive and outgoing. But I have still seen much negativity. I hope to try and continue to change the negativity in the game and convince more people to join and not be trolls. Anyways I hope we can all get along and stay positive and be friendly towards each other.

This message from remiem has made me think about the past and I hope you all learn from any mistakes or trolls and always try to think of the positive side. Remiem thanks for your kind message, really do miss you in game. Miss our small talks xD its been a year or so.

Anyways good post! Let's all be family and change the outcome of every players attitude to be more positive!

~Christmaztown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thanks Remiem, this was much needed. Hope people give the forum rules a read as well.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Its not only in forum but also in game, some of the players don't care about the golden rule.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and [I]seek to understand them
    When people make fun of others for not being able to be precise in a certain language it makes me cringe worse than when I read a mom joke.
    I'd love to see them try to learn a different language, it is not easy at all. I have learned 4 different languages which I am still not fluent in either of them. I have worked on each for a few years now and I am able to read and understand what they say but when it comes to typing or sometimes speaking; it is pretty hard. Different sentence structures and hard to pronounce words.
    In Spanish they have over 100 ways to say whats up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    When people make fun of others for not being able to be precise in a certain language it makes me cringe worse than when I read a mom joke.
    I'd love to see them try to learn a different language, it is not easy at all. I have learned 4 different languages which I am still not fluent in either of them. I have worked on each for a few years now and I am able to read and understand what they say but when it comes to typing or sometimes speaking; it is pretty hard. Different sentence structures and hard to pronounce words.
    In Spanish they have over 100 ways to say whats up.

Its fun learning others language, woah i just have a small talk to Lennycinco i wanted to learn Spanish, but maybe no for 100 ways to say whats up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

what is PSA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thank you Remi for that post.
    Since you are mentioning non native speakers, a comment from one might be in order: we often have troubles with acronyms.
    And this post provides a very good example: the first thing a famous search engine answers when I search PSA is Prostate-Specific Antigen.
    A more thorough search produces PSA = Public Service Announcement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you for addressing this and spreading positivity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deletus View Post
    Its fun learning others language, woah i just have a small talk to Lennycinco i wanted to learn Spanish, but maybe no for 100 ways to say whats up

Here are a few ways to say whats up.
    Qué pasa, qué tal, qué hay, qué hay de nuevo, qué valo, qué hubo, qué onda. I can't remember the others but some are used in specific places or times. Qué tal is the one you can use everywhere generally.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love this place too. Think about it more than my work. Lol. Silly me XD. Can manage myself, just feel funny about it. Hahaha.. The tag line is real. Anywhere, anytime, everytime XD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

thank you for reminding the players/us how things should be done... have a great day everyone
    Rise Up! Soldier and Fight to death!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thanks Remiem. Yes you are right. We are a small world, we are a family. But unfortunately there is such a negativity among people here, specially in the forums who are always ready to start an argument or insult/troll people just bcos someone have a different opinion. This is the reason I rarely come online on forums. I hope things get better and people learn to be more friendly and accept/respect someone else's opinion too. Love and Peace !

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklips View Post
    Thanks Remiem. Yes you are right. We are a small world, we are a family. But unfortunately there is such a negativity among people here, specially in the forums who are always ready to start an argument or insult/troll people just bcos someone have a different opinion. This is the reason I rarely come online on forums. I hope things get better and people learn to be more friendly and accept/respect someone else's opinion too. Love and Peace !
    Yah correct,

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The best of this game are all good people and people who spend their time with you, lately there are very bad people many scams etc, but there are still many good people a hug to all those good people who enjoy and help others, I It is sad to go to the new map and everyone asking for a party because they are not so good, they are not so rich, we must help these people improve and be cheerful, we must try to make parties of 3 more good people and one not so much, that It doesn't matter if you reach round 30 instead of 90, start over, I love helping all those people and making them feel better,my ign is alvaroopooker hugs !

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Alvaropoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fajne posty remi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

As it was in the beginning...

So shall it be in the end...