Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A PSA from an STS Mod: We're family here.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and [I]seek to understand them
    When people make fun of others for not being able to be precise in a certain language it makes me cringe worse than when I read a mom joke.
    I'd love to see them try to learn a different language, it is not easy at all. I have learned 4 different languages which I am still not fluent in either of them. I have worked on each for a few years now and I am able to read and understand what they say but when it comes to typing or sometimes speaking; it is pretty hard. Different sentence structures and hard to pronounce words.
    In Spanish they have over 100 ways to say whats up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    When people make fun of others for not being able to be precise in a certain language it makes me cringe worse than when I read a mom joke.
    I'd love to see them try to learn a different language, it is not easy at all. I have learned 4 different languages which I am still not fluent in either of them. I have worked on each for a few years now and I am able to read and understand what they say but when it comes to typing or sometimes speaking; it is pretty hard. Different sentence structures and hard to pronounce words.
    In Spanish they have over 100 ways to say whats up.

Its fun learning others language, woah i just have a small talk to Lennycinco i wanted to learn Spanish, but maybe no for 100 ways to say whats up

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deletus View Post
    Its fun learning others language, woah i just have a small talk to Lennycinco i wanted to learn Spanish, but maybe no for 100 ways to say whats up

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
    Here are a few ways to say whats up.
    Qué pasa, qué tal, qué hay, qué hay de nuevo, qué valo, qué hubo, qué onda. I can't remember the others but some are used in specific places or times. Qué tal is the one you can use everywhere generally.