Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A PSA from an STS Mod: We're family here.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Up

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Such a nice post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are in the world! It's your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with a short PSA about our lives here in the STS Community.

In the nearly 7 years I've been in the Spacetime community, I've admired one thing above all others: Here, we're family.

Sure there's drama, and nothing's ever perfect, but overall we love our little world here in the forums and in game and sharing that world with other community members holds a certain kind of magic.

Lately, I've seen a disturbing trend of people coming into the forums and being less than friendly toward their fellow players. Insults, scamming, trolling, and the like have gotten out of hand, and it breaks my heart to see it! It's time to remember where we came from, and think about the kind of virtual world we want to live in and be a part of creating for others.

Someone once told me that the golden rule is: Treat other how you would want to be treated. But the platinum rule is: Treat others how THEY want to be treated. Whichever you choose, following either of these rules will make these forums a better place for everyone.

A few things to keep in mind:

• We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and seek to understand them.

• A player-run economy is a really special thing, and entirely built by you. The golden rule comes in here too. If you want fair prices and trust among buyers and sellers, be an honest and respectful merchant or customer yourself. Intentional price inflation, scamming, and hijacking trade threads is not something I'd expect you'd want done to you. So, don't do it to others.
    • Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love a good debate, but a good debate is civil, never gets personal, and certainly does not include insults or questioning another player's intelligence or character. Make your point, but keep things friendly.
    • Let the devs and mods take care of the yucky stuff. We monitor these forums daily and will always get to your reports and remove inappropriate posts. When you feed into negativity, it grows. Please report these posts and let them sink to the bottom of the forums where they belong. <3 As the old adage goes, don't feed the trolls.

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.

Truly inspiring talk to all of us, and one more rule, similar to yours u said: Respect others, as much as they respect u!
    This one kinda makes me sad, because not much ppl today are respectable, or even talkable, their toxicity is on new level of this world.
    Cmon all of u advnetures, we got a great game, great community and lets make it even greater, and dont forget this one: Never do anything bad to anyone, beacause that same or even worse might happen to you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ptcf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think sometimes we, as a community, forget that players are still real people with real lives, and using a fake name and some 20 million dollar vanity set doesn't change that. It all comes down to respect for each other, as gamers in the world STS has made for us, but also as people. We have the Golden Rule and the Platinum Rule, which are great, but I think it is time for the Arcanite Rule: Always respect people, regardless of how they treat you...AND regardless of whether or not they deserve respect. This goes double for people you disagree with. We all have our days where we just don't deserve to be treated with respect, or kindness at all, but if someone chooses to be kind anyway, how good does that feel? I'll tell you guys something a very wise person once told me: Hurt people hurt people. If someone is being toxic, just respond with kindness, or if you can't do that because you are frustrated, just leave the zone. Never spam how horrible someone is in chat or create hate threads on forums...you are only going to make things worse. You never know what happened to someone that day that may be influencing their mood, and you don't want to contribute to it. But if you go the route of kindness, you might be the person that turns that mood around. Your words of kindness might be the only ones they hear that day. I don't personally believe in karma, but I do believe that you reap what you sow. If you are always being negative, you are going to attract negative people, but if you act positive, you can end up making some great friends here. I'm not saying that bad things will never happen to you if you are a nice person, but you can certainly affect how people treat you by being kind to others.

Even looking at things from a purely selfish viewpoint, it is better to be kind to people:
    More respect for fellow players=more friends to play with+more help when you need it=more fun+more gold+faster advancement+better community=best overall experience.

We definitely are family here in this amazing community. Love you guys

Great post, keep up the great work Devs! Thanks for almost 8 years of AL and may there be many more!

Ign: Hamburgerking
    Guild: Ember of Hope

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamburgerking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ozukeaba/Ozuukayaba from Philippines in my 8 years in Arcane legend I showed love to others, we must respect each others and we must learn from our mistakes. Having a good attitude is the key to find real friends.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk