Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ask a police officer anything!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'm very interested about gadgets in police cars For example, do you have a computer in there?

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piosidon View Post
    I'm very interested about gadgets in police cars For example, do you have a computer in there?
    Everyone at my department does, except for the detectives, plainclothes guys...stuff like that.

I've also got a Jotto desk, radio, siren/light controller, 6 port AC converter, a lockbox in the console, and a radar - all of which are mounted or some way attached to the vehicle. My other toys include a tint meter, a preliminary breath tester (portable breathalyzer), an electronic ticket writer/printer, a Remington 870 12 gauge, a Colt .223 AR15, an old pack of cigarettes (I give some looseys to the bums I talk with )...not counting all the crap on my belt.

PROUD OFFICER FOR AEO - 2B1ASK1
    PL Toons - Flenami | Raebami | Dribami | Remrafami | Onihrami | Xofami

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Extraordinarily cool thread... Kudos Maiohwmai.

Wish I'd have known you during my earlier days
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I'd like some police advise for my future career.

I am going to be a supervillain but I can't decide to which town should I build my headquarters. I am searching for a large enough city but still not a huge one. It should also have a good football team. Preferably not Denver because I hate Tebow. I do not need any advice on taking out police forces since I already got a super evil plan for them:

I am going to destroy every single Dunkin' Donuts by replacing donuts' sugar with salt. I have calculated that within 3 hours 21 minutes and 46 seconds the police force is disabled no matter how big the city is when all of the Dunkin' Donuts are destroyed.

And any advice where to search for my super evil minions as well? And is Comrad Donutsoff (like a super evil russian name with Donuts in it) a good name for my super evil secret identity? Which is the best superpower for invading a city?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post

I am going to be a supervillain but I can't decide to which town should I build my headquarters. I am searching for a large enough city but still not a huge one. It should also have a good football team. Preferably not Denver because I hate Tebow. I do not need any advice on taking out police forces since I already got a super evil plan for them:

I am going to destroy every single Dunkin' Donuts by replacing donuts' sugar with salt. I have calculated that within 3 hours 21 minutes and 46 seconds the police force is disabled no matter how big the city is when all of the Dunkin' Donuts are destroyed.

And any advice where to search for my super evil minions as well? And is Comrad Donutsoff (like a super evil russian name with Donuts in it) a good name for my super evil secret identity? Which is the best superpower for invading a city?
    Supervillians-Any/every Baldwin ever, Red Mist.
    Name-The Bavarian Bandit.
    Super power-Going super saiyan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

@dudetus: Run for mayor of LA and you'll be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Extraordinarily cool thread... Kudos Maiohwmai.

Wish I'd have known you during my earlier days
    Why thank you. As I've told you, providing quality games that I can take with me on break or whatever helps keep my sanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post

I think the whole "oink oink piggy piggy donut" cracks are dated. However, you'd do more damage replacing ALL sugar packets at gas stations with salt packets. We graveyarders depend on coffee way more than donuts.

As for your city, I'd go with Dallas. Lots of skyscrapers (perfect for evil corporate headquarters, no?), decent football team I guess...

Either way, your plans would be thwarted because unlike most, my crew functions on energy drinks (I'm partial to low carb, uncarbonated Rockstar lemonade). Fuel to duel, baby...fuel to duel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artentreri View Post
    Supervillians-Any/every Baldwin ever, Red Mist.
    Name-The Bavarian Bandit.
    Super power-Going super saiyan.
    I'd love to kick any of the Baldwins in the throat. Please recruit one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Which one ya want big guy, I can..take care of things.
    Wow I just read what you drank, naaaasty. Try a java monster, Irish blend. Don't get no better

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

I got a question not sayin this is me its just a situation that has showed up in my life an i need to know can they actually convict this person......
    Say i jump into a car an sell them some pills..then i jump out of the car an sell someone else pills..and while im the car 2 undercovers pull up in front of the car..the driver gets out..and i throw my bottle of pills behind the driver seat ( no prescription ) the cops pull us out of the car..they say they pulld the first person who left over.. an he snitched me out sayin the guy in the blue shirt sold me the pills ( me) an he still in the parkin lot..so the cops say wheres the pills i just keep sayin idk wut yur talkin bout..so they search the car ( not mine ) but they find em immediatly..the guy who owns the car said its mine to..so now i have 2 people sayin its mine but it wasnt on me an wasnt my car..they charged me with sellin in a school zone possion of shed 1 and 2 w/o prescription..i go to jail.........
    Ok
    So do they actually have good enough proof to charge this person with the crimes or would they drop it?

Also this case is over with an i know the outcome ..i just wanna know your input on what yu think should b done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lwmark View Post
    I got a question not sayin this is me its just a situation that has showed up in my life an i need to know can they actually convict this person......
    Say i jump into a car an sell them some pills..then i jump out of the car an sell someone else pills..and while im the car 2 undercovers pull up in front of the car..the driver gets out..and i throw my bottle of pills behind the driver seat ( no prescription ) the cops pull us out of the car..they say they pulld the first person who left over.. an he snitched me out sayin the guy in the blue shirt sold me the pills ( me) an he still in the parkin lot..so the cops say wheres the pills i just keep sayin idk wut yur talkin bout..so they search the car ( not mine ) but they find em immediatly..the guy who owns the car said its mine to..so now i have 2 people sayin its mine but it wasnt on me an wasnt my car..they charged me with sellin in a school zone possion of shed 1 and 2 w/o prescription..i go to jail.........
    Ok
    So do they actually have good enough proof to charge this person with the crimes or would they drop it?

Also this case is over with an i know the outcome ..i just wanna know your input on what yu think should b done
    Dunno what the OP will say but I would personally use a lawyer for that one. lol

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Depends how cute you are, so I'm guessing you're good
    Javier busting a move?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Which one ya want big guy, I can..take care of things.
    Wow I just read what you drank, naaaasty. Try a java monster, Irish blend. Don't get no better
    Nah, it's great. But to each his own. It's got plenty of vitamins and milkthistle and such so it's quasi-healthy.
    Ok

As I stated in my original post, I cannot speak for your area. However, in the two jurisdictions I have served in your goose is cooked. Personally I'd have gotten you saying that the bottle wasn't yours and you've never seen it and then I'd have sent it to the lab. When your prints come back, your alibi is toast. Failing that, the people in the other vehicle not only gave you up but described you as well...yeah, you could fight where I work, but you'd lose unless there were some mitigating circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Dunno what the OP will say but I would personally use a lawyer for that one. lol
    Bingo.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Ok well the person went to county jail and had to wait 30 days to go to court.because they have 30 days to file charges..we'll they went to court on the 33rd day because they took a 3 day extensioon..when they went to court they only had a public defender ( one that's given to you) well the PD said if u plead guilty to the misdemeanor pharaphenlia then you can go home today ( I forgot to post the paraphenlia charge in the above post). They never said anythin about the other felony charges. So the person wentr home after 30 days..also the person said they touch all over the bottle.they had there prints everywhere probably. So since the person was released . If they in the future pull prints off the bottle could they charge them in the future? Or since the case is closed then is it over with an they can't do anythin bout it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Keep in mind they got caught with 45 roxicodones and 5 suboxen. I believe its synthetic heroin I hear. And it was taken place in west palm beach florids. Nicknamed the pill mill county of the united states

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Ok well the person went to county jail and had to wait 30 days to go to court.because they have 30 days to file charges..we'll they went to court on the 33rd day because they took a 3 day extensioon..when they went to court they only had a public defender ( one that's given to you) well the PD said if u plead guilty to the misdemeanor pharaphenlia then you can go home today ( I forgot to post the paraphenlia charge in the above post). They never said anythin about the other felony charges. So the person wentr home after 30 days..also the person said they touch all over the bottle.they had there prints everywhere probably. So since the person was released . If they in the future pull prints off the bottle could they charge them in the future? Or since the case is closed then is it over with an they can't do anythin bout it?
    If the case has been completely adjudicated then the evidence has probably been destroyed and cannot be prosecuted any further. However, I would tell the person to be doubly sure that the case has been completely closed. I say that because it sounds like the person was arraigned after 30 days, probably credited for time served and released pending a trial or some other hearing. Then again, everything could have been dropped or nolle prossed or some such.
    Keep in mind they got caught with 45 roxicodones and 5 suboxen. I believe its synthetic heroin I hear. And it was taken place in west palm beach florids. Nicknamed the pill mill county of the united states
    I'm not sure what those charges entail in that area. Felony, gross misdemeanor, who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai View Post
    If the case has been completely adjudicated then the evidence has probably been destroyed and cannot be prosecuted any further. However, I would tell the person to be doubly sure that the case has been completely closed. I say that because it sounds like the person was arraigned after 30 days, probably credited for time served and released pending a trial or some other hearing. Then again, everything could have been dropped or nolle prossed or some such.I'm not sure what those charges entail in that area. Felony, gross misdemeanor, who knows.
    1. What the hell is milk thistle?
    2. Evidence isn't destroyed, at least in the police departments around here. I can't go into too awful much detail, but it's true.
    3. lwmark, tell your "friend" that he's a retard for doin pills. That's one of the most senseless drugs out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

1. What the hell is milk thistle?
    2. Evidence isn't destroyed, at least in the police departments around here. I can't go into too awful much detail, but it's true.
    3. lwmark, tell your "friend" that he's a retard for doin pills. That's one of the most senseless drugs out there.
    Milk thistle is a plant that has some health benefits, namely liver detoxification.

And I don't know where you are, but my departments were both very large municipal agencies. After a case has been thoroughly prosecuted we destroy everything. There's no use in keeping it and we have so much evidence from so many arrests we'd have nowhere to put it all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Nice, I might try that. I just thought it was some muscle milk knock off or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Some studies have shown it helps, some showed that it did nothing.

I think Rockstar markets it like a hangover recovery drink. I like it because it's caffeine and it isn't carbonated. Seems like everytime I drink a carbonated drink at work I end up having to chase someone down...then you get all burpy...ick.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Nothin worse than gas and robbers.