Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bug Report

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Bug Report

-In PvP you can type /trade (enemys name) and see their class, level, build, stats, everything.

-In Redsun, dungeon 1, there is a 10 second delay before boss as if a cinema is going to happen. I am frozen but can still shoot.

-In Cycorp, dungeon 5, the enemies spawn too close to the players spawn. 8/10 times I join a random PUG in that level, I'm dead before the loading screen is gone. The enemies are in a pack of 20 or so RIGHT around the corner from where you spawn. Could be a little more spread out. This is common and most people know not to join cycorp 5 randomly.

-In Cycorp, dungeon 1, after you complete the wallsafe quest, where u get the 4 pieces of cycola info, if you fail to turn it in after completing you get a pop up message every time you clear all the enemies in the room on the right with the wallsafe and security card chest.

Here is the quest..

and this is with the quest finished, note the chatbox

-If holding a two handed weapon, and you type on any terminal that takes time to activate, so that the toon props the rifle on his shoulder and types with one hand, and run away before you activate whatever it is you're activating, as long as u keep running you will be one-handing the rifle. Shooting it leads to a comical "scorpion" of the toon with the kickback from the gun sending your toon's head to the back of his/her feet almost, lol. For those reading this, try it, it looks hilarious.

this is the best I could get, I only have so many fingers (running, shooting, taking pic)

That is all.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 01-18-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    -In PvP you can type /trade (enemys name) and see their class, level, build, stats, everything.

-In Redsun, dungeon 1, there is a 10 second delay before boss as if a cinema is going to happen. I am frozen but can still shoot.

-In Cycorp, dungeon 5, the enemies spawn too close to the players spawn. 8/10 times I join a random PUG in that level, I'm dead before the loading screen is gone. The enemies are in a pack of 20 or so RIGHT around the corner from where you spawn. Could be a little more spread out.

-In Cycorp, dungeon 1, after you complete the wallsafe quest, where u get the 4 pieces of cycola info, if you fail to turn it in after completing you get a pop up message every time you clear all the enemies in the room on the right with the wallsafe and security card chest.

-If holding a two handed weapon, and you type on a terminal and walk away, as long as u keep running you will be one-handing the rifle. Shooting it leads to a comical "scorpion" of the toon with the kickback from the gun sending your toon's head to the back of his/her feet almost, lol. For those reading this that aren't devs, try it, it looks hilarious.

That is all.

Now I really need to sleep.
    Stop, brain. stop thinking of stuff!
    1. Investigating.

2. Investigating.

3. You'll just have to be careful about what PUGs you join. This can happen on any map and usually happens when a person leads the creatures back to that area. I'll see if it's overly abusive, but, I think it'd best to just not go into here if it happens to you often (someone may be trolling.)

4. Can you give me the name of this quest?

5. I don't quite understand what specifically is the issue (can't get it to re-pro with the directions given.) Try to give me specific steps, even to the point of telling me what terminal or console to use, and go from there! =)

Great reports. Thanks for the help on making Star enjoyable for others!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSL View Post
    1. Investigating.

2. Investigating.

3. You'll just have to be careful about what PUGs you join. This can happen on any map and usually happens when a person leads the creatures back to that area. I'll see if it's overly abusive, but, I think it'd best to just not go into here if it happens to you often (someone may be trolling.)

4. Can you give me the name of this quest?

5. I don't quite understand what specifically is the issue (can't get it to re-pro with the directions given.) Try to give me specific steps, even to the point of telling me what terminal or console to use, and go from there! =)

Great reports. Thanks for the help on making Star enjoyable for others!
    It's the quest that you get from the Cycola machine in Cycorp 1 right at the beginning. If you find all 4 wall-safes, and complete the quest, but don't turn it in, every time you enter the first room with a wall safe and clear the mobs, you get a pop up stating there is a wallsafe to inspect. I will provide screenies later when I get home.

As for the "one handing the rifle" bug, here's the exact steps:

- Equip a 2 handed rifle, such as a thud gun or bugbane

- go to any terminal, security chest, or anything you can click on to make your toon put the rifle on their shoulder and type with one hand.

- before you open whatever it is you're opening, run away from the terminal or chest. This is easier to do if it takes a long time to open the door/chest.

- you should now be running while holding the rifle in one hand. As long as you keep moving, the toon will one hand their weapon.

- now as you run holding the rifle in your right hand, shoot. The kickback of the rifle bends the toon backwards, making it appear like you're shooting into the sky or behind you.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 01-18-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Bumped for screenies in original post.
    Infinite Union forums

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

No need to keep bumping. I mark posts and find them quickly if I need them again.

We'll definitely look into these, though some may not be considered bugs but, rather, are polish.

Definitely appreciate it, Ebalere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSL View Post
    No need to keep bumping. I mark posts and find them quickly if I need them again.

We'll definitely look into these, though some may not be considered bugs but, rather, are polish.

Definitely appreciate it, Ebalere.
    Sorry, was just making it known I updated it, wasn't aware you could mark posts. I realized later that they aren't really "bugs".
    Thanks for appreciating the time it took to level a toon to do the quest again.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 01-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Infinite Union forums

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Sorry, was just making it known I updated it, wasn't aware you could mark posts. I realized later that they aren't really "bugs".
    Thanks for appreciating the time it took to level a toon to do the quest again.
    Oh dude, don't worry about it. Just letting you know that you don't need to. =)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JSL For This Useful Post: