Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default PVP fixed?

With the changes and the new patch, are the glitches/bugs fixed that tainted the PVP tournament?

I was curious whether or not things are back to normal so that other tournaments could be played again?

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Apparently another glitch has been discovered. Not to mention ones unhuman abilities on chrome with the use of macros and other programs that could be run simultaneously.

But bears are nerfed atm along with mages.
    Maybe mage buffs should be reconsidered too. BoM is op with +30 dmg & +60 crit. As it stands with 40+ set crit, it is substantial to kill. Ive tested fighting without buffs and it is almost even now, with the other classes having an edge now.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Apparently another glitch has been discovered. Not to mention ones unhuman abilities on chrome with the use of macros and other programs that could be run simultaneously.

But bears are nerfed atm along with mages.
    Maybe mage buffs should be reconsidered too. BoM is op with +30 dmg & +60 crit. As it stands with 40+ set crit, it is substantial to kill. Ive tested fighting without buffs and it is almost even now, with the other classes having an edge now.
    Pleaseeeeeee stop complaining about a set, its sickening. Btw, didnt you make it all the way to finals as a pally in the tournament? Beating many lilith sets on the way??? Just because you got whooped in championship by someone with wand set doesnt make it over-powered so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stop complaining and trying to get things nerfed. Find a way my friend...

F.Y.I
    Lilith piece adds 8 crit 0 dodge

Orlok piece add 7 dodge 3 crit

Maybe str sets need the nerf? One can argue for both sides or one can just stop complaining and find a way to win.
    Last edited by Seminole; 01-16-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Pleaseeeeeee stop complaining about a set, its sickening. Btw, didnt you make it all the way to finals as a pally in the tournament? Beating many lilith sets on the way??? Just because you got whooped in championship by someone with wand set doesnt make it over-powered so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stop complaining and trying to get things nerfed. Find a way my friend...

F.Y.I
    Lilith piece adds 8 crit 0 dodge

Orlok piece add 7 dodge 3 crit

Maybe str sets need the nerf? One can argue for both sides or one can just stop complaining and find a way to win.
    Yes I made it to finals as a Pally, and it is a testament to my skill and experience. All the other pallys that joined were easily defeated, like Kaarataka lost 10/6 & 10/6 to a person I beat 10/2 & 10/4. Str vs Int. Find another way? I think I have found a way and I may have lost in the finals but as youve maybe noticed there was a glitch and a lot of revamping was done in that aftermath.
    What class are you?
    And it is common consensus amongst the pvp community that the wand set is VERY overpowered. It is not a complaint more like an observation and opinion from a great many skilled and experienced players. You make a note of a small bonus difference.... Let us see.
    Int damage and critical override the str set dodge and armor. The regeneration is wolverine like, the armor is nearly practically the same in both sets. The shield pool is very deep and along with the armor and regeneration. I could go on and on.
    Str set needs a nerf? Maybe that is why the devs fixed the 1H set bonus for str sets on 12/20. Because it was underpowered.

You seriously just made an account to flame me????!
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 01-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Revelation

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yes I made it to finals as a Pally, and it is a testament to my skill and experience. All the other pallys that joined were easily defeated, like Kaarataka lost 10/6 & 10/6 to a person I beat 10/2 & 10/4. Str vs Int. Find another way? I think I have found a way and I may have lost in the finals but as youve maybe noticed there was a glitch and a lot of revamping was done in that aftermath.
    What class are you?
    And it is common consensus amongst the pvp community that the wand set is VERY overpowered. It is not a complaint more like an observation and opinion from a great many skilled and experienced players. You make a note of a small bonus difference.... Let us see.
    Int damage and critical override the str set dodge and armor. The regeneration is wolverine like, the armor is nearly practically the same in both sets. The shield pool is very deep and along with the armor and regeneration. I could go on and on.
    Str set needs a nerf? Maybe that is why the devs fixed the 1H set bonus for str sets on 12/20. Because it was underpowered.

You seriously just made an account to flame me????!
    I been a member since last year, nobody is flaming. Simply stating a different point of view. Also while int
    May offer damage, so does the str set. Dofference is only 2 points. In addition, int set may offer ms but str set offers hs. It is meant for a bear, not a mage. This also allows you to be almost immortal. Str set also adds a knightmare perk where when u hit somone tey automatically get lv.6 knightmare knocking back their dodge further. Str set is beast, thats why u see wven warbirds using it. And honestly You made it to the CHAMPIONSHIP as a pally, thus making that set a very useful set in the right hands imo. Seriously, just because u cant beat one player doesnt mean its over-powered. Maybe simply that player has/had more skill then you at that given time. Not hating on tou dtf, i promise, just giving a reality check.

A set is overpowered when ALL classes use it. You only see int mage in lilith. However you see, birds(warbirds), mages(pallies) and bears in str set. Its just a matter of preference, and playing style. Nothing op so pleaseee stop trying to get things nerfed.
    Last edited by Seminole; 01-16-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

With all due respect, Eden was proved innocent and there was no actual concrete evidence that there was glitching occurring in the tourney. Using that as an excuse breaks the "innocent until guilty" law/moral.

EDIT: On topic, I can check for you through a test.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

It is very difficult to beat a wand mage, I am only an exception to a rule. Every wand mage I fought in the tourn, vs my guildmates, or in pick up games is tough. Maybe I will post a video of how much effort is required to over come the set.

What are you referring to when you say the damage is only 2 less? You do realize the wand set is essentially a pally w 100 more damage per spell, and an auto attack with range right? The reg and armor are nearly identical. Yes the str set has dodge but the wand set has the damage to easily compensate. Not to mention it is easy to get 15 dodge as a wander. Never in the history of pl has a set been this op.
    Are you a wand mage? If not, what class do you play? What level too. My suggestion is, use a bear or bird and 1/1 any wand mage then tell me what your point of view is.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

It is very difficult to beat a wand mage, I am only an exception to a rule. Every wand mage I fought in the tourn, vs my guildmates, or in pick up games is tough. Maybe I will post a video of how much effort is required to over come the set.

What are you referring to when you say the damage is only 2 less? You do realize the wand set is essentially a pally w 100 more damage per spell, and an auto attack with range right? The reg and armor are nearly identical. Yes the str set has dodge but the wand set has the damage to easily compensate. Not to mention it is easy to get 15 dodge as a wander. Never in the history of pl has a set been this op.
    Are you a wand mage? If not, what class do you play? What level too. My suggestion is, use a bear or bird and 1/1 any wand mage then tell me what your point of view is.
    I beg to differ. Bears with zuraz lances in the ao2 days were very OP
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Wand mages are OP, yes, but I think you're SLIGHTLY over-exaggerating them. I can kill most with my bear. Perhaps it's different with my bird, I don't know because I haven't tried, but they are generally not all that much difficult then they were before.

The classes all get an increase in some areas that they were lacking, with this content cap. Bears got the hit percent that they needed, birds got the damage, and elves got the armor. If you wish to play a paladin, something which is not natural to an Elf, then why complain when you're losing to a pure intelligence mage? That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Each class has it's weakness. For Wand Elves, it's bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Whay do you beg to differ on? And what does ao2 have anything to do with it?

Plus, I just realized!!! This post was not personal or even comparing wand or str sets at all. I was merely suggesting that bom should be reconsidered. Then I was attacked on a completly different unrelated subject.
    Birds and bears have +30 mages +60 crit was my deal. Str set and bird set crit is low compared to int set yet mages have the higher crit gain. Is all. Please no more tournie talk, pally talk, that is not even the subject at hand.

@Apollo your bear is a top bear in its own regard. You should be able to beat many being such. An exception to a rule is not evidence.
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 01-16-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Such drama.

Let's just wait and see what fix they may come up with (hopefully) Monday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Whay do you beg to differ on? And what does ao2 have anything to do with it?

Plus, I just realized!!! This post was not personal or even comparing wand or str sets at all. I was merely suggesting that bom should be reconsidered. Then I was attacked on a completly different unrelated subject.
    Birds and bears have +30 mages +60 crit was my deal. Str set and bird set crit is low compared to int set yet mages have the higher crit gain. Is all. Please no more tournie talk, pally talk, that is not even the subject at hand.
    Never in the history of pl has a set been this op.
    That's what he was referring to for clarification purposes. As for the paladin/tourney talk, you brought it up, which is why I commented. Anyways, I edited my original post to something less accusing.

I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just giving an overall perspective, boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Ixi

I'm checking for you right now if the glitch still works (:

Upon further checking, you can still erase the cooldown, but the buffs no longer stack. Thus, the bug is only partially fixed. Why? Spells like Drain Life with long cooldowns can still be abused.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-16-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

^^ You did in your second post, but I'm not delving into this again. I just don't want people to get the wrong message of the glitch and how it was used.

@Absolute Glitch isn't completely fixed.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I don't think anything is OP. I agree with Parth.

Some birds and bears can still easily beat me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

iam of the opinion too that Liliths wand set is OP.
    Crit and armor are too high. i could live with their damage, but every hit is ~100% critted. as bird i need to use blast just for remove shield. after i need 3-4 shoot more to kill em.
    they can kill me in 2-3 hits for sure (excluding dodges). so yeah, the bird is made to kite em, but just a little error and dead...
    bears imo have the most disadvange vs em. they can even remove the shield wich practically doubles their hp.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The wand set is exactly as it should be mages already have weak defence against the bosses like aunty emma and duke Edward.
    The wand levels the playing field a bit for mage survival.
    I used mix with dex and int but focused entirely on int fangs set cos the main attribute of mage is int.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk
    FIREBOYEDDY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddison Sukansingh View Post
    The wand set is exactly as it should be mages already have weak defence against the bosses like aunty emma and duke Edward.
    The wand levels the playing field a bit for mage survival.
    I used mix with dex and int but focused entirely on int fangs set cos the main attribute of mage is int.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk
    Certainly the set does make the mage more durable in PvE and can take the support role of the mage and make it able to tank. Nobody is complaning about that part. :P

The complaint...since this thread was hijacked in to talking about how the wand set is too powerful when competing against the other classes and their sets, in PVP. In PVP each class has a weakness, but this drastically reduces the vulnerability of a mage while allowing the crazy damage and AoE that is the mages strongpoint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Please keep this thread civil and on topic.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Bah...removed
    Last edited by Blind; 01-18-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    It was fun while it lasted.